Get creative and WIN a Core i7 PC, Core i7 laptops or Vega tablets with Advent and MoDaCo!

Guest PaulOBrien

The winners have now been chosen - see this topic for details! :huh:

adventlogo.png

Edit: Competition extended by 1 month!

Do you love your Vega? Do you feeling creative? Have you done something cool with your Vega that you think your fellow users will appreciate? Do you fancy winning a Core i7 PC, a Core i7 laptop or a Vega tablet?

Then you've come to the right place!

I'm proud to announce that Advent have partnered with MoDaCo for a VERY cool competition as a 'thank you' for making the Vega community as vibrant as exciting it is... and to take it to the next level!

Up for grabs are 1 x Advent Centurion Ci 7431 Core i7 PC, 2 x Advent Sienna 710 Core i7 laptops and 2 x Advent Vega tablets.

Nice kit eh? So what do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning these powerhouses? The competition is split into four sections.

Competition 1: Vega desktop(s) or themes (Prizes: 2 x Advent Sienna 710 Core i7 laptops)

In order to enter in this category, you should post (in the appropriate competition subforum) with the following...

• Details of how you have customised your Vega desktop / launcher
  • A screenshot of your Vega desktop along with a list of the launcher / wallpaper / theme / widgets used etc. so that fellow MoDaCo members can reproduce can reduce your setup
    • Practicality / functionality submission
    • Innovation of submission

Competition 2: Vega application / widget / tweak (Prize: 1 x Advent Centurion Ci 7431 Core i7 PC)

In order to enter in this category, you should post (in the appropriate competition subforum) an application / widget / tweak for the Advent Vega that you have made available, free of charge, to Advent Vega users.

Competition 3: Unexpected uses of the Vega (Prize: 1 x Advent Vega)

In order to enter in this category, you should post (in the appropriate competition subforum) how you've used your Vega in an innovative way! Heck, if you've hacked apart your Vega for some crazy use, this might be a way to win a replacement! :D

Competition 4: Lottery (Prize: 1 x Advent Vega)

In order to enter in this category, you simply need to have posted in the Vega forum (or the competition subforums) before the competition closing date. Note: In line with all of our previous competitions, MoDaCo Plus members will receive 2 entries instead of 1 upon posting.

Terms and conditions / additional information

[*]The judge's decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be chosen by Advent.

[*]UK postage is included in the competition. If the winner requires delivery outside of the UK, the recipient will be responsible for additional delivery costs and any incurred custom fees.

[*]The competition is open until 00:00 am on 1st May 2011 BST.

[*]The winner will be contacted via MoDaCo Private Message and must respond within 7 days, otherwise an alternative winner will be drawn.

[*]Members may enter as many times as they wish.

[*]In the event of a problem with the competition prizes, they may be substituted with items of an equivalent value at Advent's discretion.

[*]Competition prizes are not eligible for Advent telephone support.

[*]The desktop PC and Vega tablets are brand new items, the laptop PCs are refurbished units.

Good luck! :)

P

PS I'm excluded from the competition... I might post some bits and pieces for inspiration though. :P

So because I have posted (quite a few times) upto today I'm automatically entered?

Yup!

A lottery eh? Sounds like a good idea to me! :huh:

I created a topic for people who haven't posted yet to get started in. :)

P

Guest Swampie

Wow, this is a really easy competition to enter. Not at all creative, so the other 3 probably won't apply for me - but nice to just enter by posting here.

Colleague has a Galaxy Tab, so would be interesting to be able to compare them.

Guest debs626

oh I could get my hands on another vega :huh: whats my chances of winning the lottery then ?

Sold my Vega on ebay and have missed it everyday since :'( Big Mistake

Edited by debs626

Guest thedicemaster

what would qualify as "tweak"?

i'd like to know if my set of 1-click mounting scripts for gscript(which enables use of some unsupported USB storage devices) would qualify.