The 'I want to enter the lottery portion of the competition' topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Want to enter the 'lottery' portion of the competition but not sure where to post?

Let's not clutter up the other threads if you're a bit shy and don't know what to say... post here!

Why not tell us a bit about yourself and your tech! :huh:

P

Guest RyanMacG

I've been holding out on getting the Vega for a while but with every other tablet coming with ridiculous price tags I think I might just take the plunge. It certainly helps the way Advent have embraced the community unlike other OEMS

Guest Lennyuk

Hi my name is Glenn aka Lenny aka Lennyuk, and can be found on twitter @lennyuk

Lots of you would have seen me around here, or xda, or villainrom

I am one of the "founding" members of Team Villain (who make roms for large numbers of devices similar to what Paul does here (but not identical).

I am a trainee Solicitor in the "real world" but use spare time I have in the day to help others with my extensive knowledge of android on a software side. my knowledge of rom building is limited (but not completely trashy), but I know a lot of the top people around who can help if its something I am new to.

I currently own a Desire Z and an Advent Vega

I have owned a HTC Hero and a HTC Desire in the past, and now a completely converted android user from my previous blackberry history (where I did use to build roms for blackberry, but its a lot easier to do than android).

If you have any questions about how something in android works, or how to do a particular thing then just ask and if I can I give you the answer, and if for some reason I don't know the answer then I will ask someone who will know the answer.

Guest DooMmMasteR

Why not win a Vega and use it for something good.

Twittername is @DooMMasteR

1. German lottery participant I guess :huh:

2. just own a Milestone and am sick to be locked down into hell

Edited by DooMmMasteR

Guest YorkieUK

Thanks to Paul and all at Modaco for making my Vega the "cant put down" media device in my house, in fact I need another to spread the love!

Guest Seb M

Consider this a lottery entry :huh:

Was mighty tempted by a Vega last month for reading and browsing and stuff, but then someone showed me their Kindle and now I'm totally not sure! What's the Vega like to read books on? At the moment, I do a lot of reading on my phone (HTC Desire, CM7) but it's not exactly a pleasant reading experience...

Having said all that, if I managed to get a Vega for free, that would certainly persuade me!! :)

Guest Lennyuk
Consider this a lottery entry :huh:

Was mighty tempted by a Vega last month for reading and browsing and stuff, but then someone showed me their Kindle and now I'm totally not sure! What's the Vega like to read books on? At the moment, I do a lot of reading on my phone (HTC Desire, CM7) but it's not exactly a pleasant reading experience...

Having said all that, if I managed to get a Vega for free, that would certainly persuade me!! :)

The vega is fantastic for kindle, I am about to finish my first kindle book on it today. And rumour has it amazon have a new app design for tablets coming soon too (although I fail to see how they can improve anything)

Guest nicholson101

Agreed. I love kindl(ing)!? on my vega too and still enjoying hooking up to my pogoplug and streaming all my vids and music.

Guest foxmeister

I've got a Galaxy Tab, which I love to bits and whilst I wouldn't replace it with a larger device (like the Vega), I wouldn't mind one as a companion device which would live on the coffee table!

I neva win nuffin me! :huh:

Guest technomonkey

Ohh lottery? I'm in

I've only recently been introduced to the wonderful world of Android thanks to Paul and his recommendation of the ZTE Blade - Cheers dude. I've been learning a great deal from this forum and its many helpful members. I've been following the Vega thread with great interest. I sooo want one! sadly times are hard and I can't quite afford one at the moment, so consider this a lottery entry

Thanks! :huh:

Guest Stooby

I'm also keen to get a Vega!

I've been using (and hacking around with) Android since Cupcake on a HTC Dream and I love the way things are going.

I really would love to play around with getting Honeycomb running on the Vega.

Guest Lengths

(Was hoping there would be a separate area to post for the lottery as not sure I wanted to try and finds a reason to post elsewhere)

I'm a teacher from the Uk, who spends half my time raving about android to my students, and convincing them to avoid iphones and buy htcs's or blades.. (dependent on cash)

Started visiting here after researching a phone for my wife, after reading all the stuff here, got her a blade, and paid my £10 to use the kitchen and update it.

Since then been wondering about how can use a tablet vega in a classroom, so been following all the threads about what is being done with them.

been visiting every couple of days for last couple of mounths, but as have had no problem just finding existing solutions to problems in the forums and the search, never needed to post.

Edited by Lengths

Guest UbuntuBhoy

41 year old Bar Manager hooked on Android, Linux, and basically all things gadget :(

Just realized that this is also my first Modaco post, despite joining a while ago, probably due to the fact I have a Hero, but with a bit of luck I'll be posting on the Vega sub-forum soon. Although I have heard that LennyUK has entered so my chances are reduced #jammygit.

Guest davethechamp

Name's Dave. Shop worker and involved in elite sport. Love my HTC Desire - my first Android!

This is my first Post, though been reading the forum since December! My Vega is Currently on its way to me via Italy!! My better half picked it up in Duty free today!

Thanks to Paul and the Many early adopters of the vega for the solid work and helpfull nature of the forum!!

Cant wait to get my hands on the Vega... A second free one would be nice to!!

Guest debs626

My Name is Debs :( Used to own a Vega but had to sell because of a dire cash flow problem and the lack of ACC streaming and USB mouse support (the latter has since been fixed ?)

Anyway I've been missing my Vega since the day (9 days and 6 hours ago) I posted it on to its new owner :'( and would love to get my mits back on one :(

I still visit and read the Vega section of this forum daily (I may have an addiction) I love the community spirit.