Advent Vega - upgrade to use Android Market

Guest damian11979

Guest damian11979

Hi All,

I have downloaded the \Desktop\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned from this site and unzipped it.

Im trying to upgrade so that i can use android market, ive followed all the online instruction but am getting nowhere.....

I cant updat my USB driver to talk to the tablet?.... in the file above there is a file called usb and a vouple of sub files but none seem the right one, i also cant see where in the hardware manager the tablet resides so that i can tell it to look for the driver..... and which one is it!!!!?????

Help.

Guest premieral
Hi All,

I have downloaded the \Desktop\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned from this site and unzipped it.

Im trying to upgrade so that i can use android market, ive followed all the online instruction but am getting nowhere.....

I cant updat my USB driver to talk to the tablet?.... in the file above there is a file called usb and a vouple of sub files but none seem the right one, i also cant see where in the hardware manager the tablet resides so that i can tell it to look for the driver..... and which one is it!!!!?????

Help.

whilst in device manager unplug the vega then plug it back in to the usb and it will show up as a new storage device.

then you can delete the drivers for it and reinstall from the download

have fun

alan

Guest xathras

Don't forget that if all you want to do is access the Android Market just start your browser and go to market.android.com :(

Guest simonta

Don't know why, but everyone seems to want to upgrade the drivers.

Uninstall them and also choose delete. Then, without rebooting, install them manually.

Oh, and please search next time. This question has been answered on here about 53 gazillion times.

Cheers

Guest ParanoidSPV
Don't forget that if all you want to do is access the Android Market just start your browser and go to market.android.com :(

Not without the market app on the device as all it do is push the install command to the market app on the device...

Just like how chrome2phone works.

• 2 months later...
Guest ldatakiller
Don't know why, but everyone seems to want to upgrade the drivers.

Uninstall them and also choose delete. Then, without rebooting, install them manually.

Oh, and please search next time. This question has been answered on here about 53 gazillion times.

Cheers

You know, it must be so easy for some of you guys, & yet for many of us IT's NOT EASY AT ALL.

So please please can someone give me step by step instructions for updating my AdventVega drivers

so I can access the Google Android Market.

Every time I try to access it it tells me that I do not have an android phone on this account.

So, what I really could do with is the following please.

1) What file/s do I download to allow the above access ?.

2) Do I just paste them onto the AdventVega or should I unzip or whatever before or after installation.

3) Where do I install them on the Vega & how.

4) Do I need to get rid of any existing files & how do I replace without screwing myself up.

The reason I ask such stupid questions is that there were no instructions on what, where or whatever to do with them for us idiots

on the website that I could find.

One for the future for all you super tech guys out there, a set of instructions for non users need to really be SIMPLE one step at a time instructions.

Thanks for reading & I hope someone can help me.

Sorry guys but we idiots really do exist.

Guest simonta
You know, it must be so easy for some of you guys, & yet for many of us IT's NOT EASY AT ALL.

So please please can someone give me step by step instructions for updating my AdventVega drivers

so I can access the Google Android Market.

Every time I try to access it it tells me that I do not have an android phone on this account.

So, what I really could do with is the following please.

1) What file/s do I download to allow the above access ?.

2) Do I just paste them onto the AdventVega or should I unzip or whatever before or after installation.

3) Where do I install them on the Vega & how.

4) Do I need to get rid of any existing files & how do I replace without screwing myself up.

The reason I ask such stupid questions is that there were no instructions on what, where or whatever to do with them for us idiots

on the website that I could find.

One for the future for all you super tech guys out there, a set of instructions for non users need to really be SIMPLE one step at a time instructions.

Thanks for reading & I hope someone can help me.

Sorry guys but we idiots really do exist.

There are multiple step by step non-IT guides on here. Search for "guide".

Start here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

Edited by simonta

Guest derffie
Hi All,

Help.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

All there buddy! Best advice in one list!

Guest gebby

Hi All,

Help.

One of many good instructions on how to set up USB drivers etc etc

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...omers-it-works/

go-on read it :D

Edited by gebby