Orange Sanfrancisco from CarPhoneWareHouse UK

Guest SparkGlow

Guest SparkGlow

Hello,

I am about to pick up an Orange Francisco Grey from Car Phone Ware House where it is retailing for 90GBP including the top up credits. I am keen on getting it unlocked and upgrading to Android version 2.2 or 2.3. I am looking for stability, good battery life, good speed, and stable wifi ( read doesnt drop) from the Android upgrade.

Now I have a few questions and request the experts here to guide me and enlighten me with their knowledge:

1) Is carphonewarehouse a good place to pick up my orange sanfrancisco?

2) How do i unlock my phone?

3) Given my requirement as above, Which ROM should I select and which method of installation should I choose?

Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers!

Tan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aidey2711
Hello,

I am about to pick up an Orange Francisco Grey from Car Phone Ware House where it is retailing for 90GBP including the top up credits. I am keen on getting it unlocked and upgrading to Android version 2.2 or 2.3. I am looking for stability, good battery life, good speed, and stable wifi ( read doesnt drop) from the Android upgrade.

Now I have a few questions and request the experts here to guide me and enlighten me with their knowledge:

3) Given my requirement as above, Which ROM should I select and which method of installation should I choose?

Cheers!

Tan

1, I just bought one from there 2 days ago and i think you will find it is the only place with stock atm and also the cheapest.

2, Go here http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/ and enter your imei number(found under the battery) into the box and select zte blade then orange san francisco, it will produce your unlock code, just put in your new sim turn your device on and enter the code, and it is of course for free.

3, I have japanese jellyfish r9 and i have had no problems what so ever, but apparently the one recommended the most is FLB10. Both are 2.2 as you cannot install 2.3 on the san fran currently.

You can find one of the best guides here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/ for installing new roms, it also has a step by step video.

Good luck and have fun and most of all enjoy your Blade, for the price it has to be the best on the market.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TangoEight
Hello,

Cheers!

Tan

If you buy from the carphone warehouse you shouldnt have to unlock. All carphone warehouse phones are network unlocked when you buy them, and I think this is why they never have any network branding on the (outside of the) phone.

Ive heard good things about cyanogenmod and cyanogenmod 7 is getting close to a stable release (currently at RC1).

ZTE Blade (San Francisco) at cyanogenmod.com

• 4 weeks later...