Check EXT Partition before installing new ROM

Guest rheumatoid

Guest rheumatoid

Is it possible to check the partition I have created is OK before I install the ROM?

Am on Pauls 2.1 r4 and have just created a 512mb EXT using CWM that seemed to go ok. The size of my SD card seems to have gone down which is encouraging but I can't see the new partition.

Thanks

R.

Guest Swimmerboy
Is it possible to check the partition I have created is OK before I install the ROM?

Am on Pauls 2.1 r4 and have just created a 512mb EXT using CWM that seemed to go ok. The size of my SD card seems to have gone down which is encouraging but I can't see the new partition.

Thanks

R.

Plug it into a PC, if you're on Linux you can see the partitions on GParted or similar. On windows right click 'My Computer', click 'Manage' then click 'Disk Management'. You should see the partitions of your SD card, although non-windows ones will likely show as 'Unknown' or similar.

Guest lordofangels

Thanks

R.

do a clockwork backup, it will say wether or not it has backed up the ext partition or not :(

Guest rheumatoid

Thanks both, don't know why I didn't think of the first solution - must be getting old!

Win7 sees a 488Mb partition and CW backs up sd-ext so it looks like I'm ready to go.

Now to decide between CM7 or FLB. Might wait a few days as they are maturing so rapidly.

R.

Guest markusj
Plug it into a PC, if you're on Linux you can see the partitions on GParted or similar. On windows right click 'My Computer', click 'Manage' then click 'Disk Management'. You should see the partitions of your SD card, although non-windows ones will likely show as 'Unknown' or similar.

Linux is the best option, since the phone needs both partitions to be primary, and windows can't handle more than one primary partitions.

Guest Roo13
Linux is the best option, since the phone needs both partitions to be primary, and windows can't handle more than one primary partitions.

Nevertheless even on windows with easeus you can at least see (and creates) ext primary partition