Lioryte's last omnia ROM

Guest lioryte

Guest dbsimms63
I was going to work on the no phone ROM but had to fix something...

Long story short...so long i910 :-(

Me too, kinda hate to see it go, except for the crappy screen being messed up and had two replacements that were as bad as the original messed up one. Oh well, i910 you served me well and shall be missed. Hello Samsung Galaxy S 2, or whatever 4G phone Verizon gets that I like, but it will probably be another Samsung, seeing as HTC screwed the pooch, IMHO, on the Thunderbolt, should have been called Lightning Bolt, as you DON'T SEE THUNDER!..LMAO

Edited by dbsimms63

Guest robertjm

Wow!! You leave that sitting on top of your car and have it fall under your front tire?!?!?!? Wonder if Asurion would cover that? :(

• 6 months later...
Guest robertjm

Ha! I'd forgotten I was still subscribed to this thread. I made a move to an HTC Thunderbolt back at the Memorial Day Weekend and haven't had the Omnia turned on since then!

Robert

It's hard to imagine a time when this phone was popular and us cooks were active, I'm just about to leave my HTC Evo 4G for a new phone here soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ferrettas

Wow!! You leave that sitting on top of your car and have it fall under your front tire?!?!?!? Wonder if Asurion would cover that? :(

YEP They replaced mine for Exactly that reason.

ferrettas

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fatal_g

All must think I'm crazy, but I'm still using my Omnia 1. (i910) Verizon.

I'm not going to claim its fast, by any means, but it is the slimmest WM phone I know of ever released, fm radio, good mem expansion mp3 capability, bluetooth, IR/thumbstick is awesome, 5mp camera too. Flashlight is sufficient.

GPS is free to use and ICS/wmwifi enables tethering for free.

Plus I can text, run multiple browsers, and use windows apps no problemo.

Why should I upgrade? I've been using the latest stock rom forever and watched the progression of the custom roms over time with a lot of interest.

The only negatives I can fault on the omnia are the slow speed (3G 4G etc and whats to come have way surpassed this beast), and the processor is a joke, but it works if I have a few seconds of patience!

The new WP, UG! I curse M$ for their marketing moves, and I do not support forced cloud computing.

Apple and its expensive exclusivity isn't worth it IMHO,

and Android while probably the next best choice to my WM has quite a few shortcomings in comparison to what WM provides me, and, its developed by google, the next big M$, big brother, skynet, of the future.

(I used to love Google... I've become a cautious skeptic).

I can't let go! Please make more roms, or convince me why I have to give up! :)