Tethering with Android?

Guest thebass

Guest thebass

Forgive me if this question has already been asked but was wondering if tethering was possible as well as using the pc's internet connection to download apps etc.

I'm not too sure why the forum won't let you search this section but I definitely don't want to look through 4,000 Replies to find my answer lol

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You did not choose any forums to search in, or the forums you chose to search in are password protected. If this is the case, please make sure you are logged into the password protected forums before searching.

I tried clicking the search at top right and then manually selecting the forum. I also tried using the search box at the bottom left corner. Both give same error. When I search anything outside of the Android section the search works. So considering this is a new section can maybe the Admin's check to confirm why it won't allow a search? Thanks!

Guest i8000usr

I installed EasyTether, both on android and on Windows7-x64. Worked straight out of the box. Easier then WinMo, apart from the PC-side software, which is still easy and non-intrusive by the way.

Edited by i8000usr

Guest bobhero
I installed EasyTether, both on android and on Windows7-x64. Worked straight out of the box. Easier then WinMo, apart from the PC-side software, which is still easy and non-intrusive by the way.

I don't see how it could be easier than windows mobile. All you have to do in win mo is plug in the usb, open internet sharing and click connect.

Guest thebass

Thanks for your response!

This will work for gaining access through your Mobile providers data but, is there any apps to use your PC connection other than WIFI? For example when you plug WinMo into USB, activesync shares the PC connection the mobile device to avoid data charges. Any such thing with Android? or is this only a one way street when it comes to tethering?

Guest i8000usr
I don't see how it could be easier than windows mobile. All you have to do in win mo is plug in the usb, open internet sharing and click connect.

Once you have the Android and WindowsPC-side software setup, you plug it in. Done. Saves a few clicks in WinMo everytime you want to use internet via your mobile.