[KERNEL] Buzz Vega | .32.35 | CIFS | TUN | EXT4 | SLAB | NOOP | WiFi | NTFS | HOST/SLAVE | 0.7

Guest Buzing Bee

Guest PASCHA

I use buz bee .2 kernel.. looking eberithing normal but I cant see my ext4 partition on my sdcard.

How can I see or how support ext4 ....?

Guest Lennyuk
I use buz bee .2 kernel.. looking eberithing normal but I cant see my ext4 partition on my sdcard.

How can I see or how support ext4 ....?

works fine for me.....

Guest Buzing Bee

I have made a kernel that will switch from slave to host mode depending on boot i.e

if you hold back while booting the device will boot as HOST mode

if not then it will boot SLAVE mode

:(

It will be out later tonight :(

Edited by Buzing Bee

Guest theatomicfart
I have made a kernel that will switch from slave to host mode depending on boot i.e

if you hold back while booting the device will boot as HOST mode

if not then it will boot SLAVE mode

:(

It will be out later tonight :(

Awesome work......

Guest jamao

What am I doing wrong?

Flash 1.09 with softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final.exe

Active Debug Mode and install ClockWork

Reboot in recovery

Apply any zip

Select Buzz_Vega_0.3_SLAVE_HOST.zip (I tried before with 0.1 and 0.2 with same results)

Reboot

All works ok, the kernel in about says I am in your kernel.

Power down the Vega (I tried two methods, hold 6 seconds power button, and press power button and select shutdown)

The Vega doesnt start ...... only back light

What's the problem?

Guest eriksp
0.3 is out with slave / host mode switching without needeing to flash boot.img :(

Thanks, great work, installed and running very smooth v.3. Only problem - cifsmanager mounting share fails with "no such device" error.

Guest Buzing Bee
Thanks, great work, installed and running very smooth v.3. Only problem - cifsmanager mounting share fails with "no such device" error.

Is cifs manager pointing to the correct location of the module ?

Guest Buzing Bee
What am I doing wrong?

Flash 1.09 with softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final.exe

Active Debug Mode and install ClockWork

Reboot in recovery

Apply any zip

Select Buzz_Vega_0.3_SLAVE_HOST.zip (I tried before with 0.1 and 0.2 with same results)

Reboot

All works ok, the kernel in about says I am in your kernel.

Power down the Vega (I tried two methods, hold 6 seconds power button, and press power button and select shutdown)

The Vega doesnt start ...... only back light

What's the problem?

hold power for 60 sec to make sure the device is off (not in some limbo state)

Guest mckal13
Iv got a proper fix for the black screen of death after flashing CWM / rebooting

ill have it out tomoz :(

Ummm.... I had the v1, and without thinking, tried to boot into the host mode to plug a usb stick in.

Obvs. there wasnt actually a host kernel there... now, it wont turn on. Just backlight screen. The computer wotn detect it either if I try to do the recovery mode...

Any tips?

Guest Sir Gash

Thanks Buzing Bee, this is great work!

Encountered a few problems so far with .3

- If I toggle Bluetooth on/off the device will crash, even ADB dies so can't check logcat etc.

- If I remove a USB flash drive / HD the device will crash (am I supposed to unmount it first?)

- I was unable to read an NTFS HD when in host (FAT32 devices are fine)

Other than this, runs smoothly so far. Need to do more testing.

Cheers!

Guest yabbas
One asks and one shalt receive :(

Watch my kernel thread for info

Nice one Bee, quick question - must there be a restart involved at all? Can't we switch it at runtime?

Once the bugs are ironed out in your kernel - I'll switch no doubt :(

Guest Lennyuk
Nice one Bee, quick question - must there be a restart involved at all? Can't we switch it at runtime?

Once the bugs are ironed out in your kernel - I'll switch no doubt :(

there is currently know known method of switching without rebooting, and yes people have spent hours trying to work it out. This is the best we are going to get.

Guest organoman
there is currently know known method of switching without rebooting, and yes people have spent hours trying to work it out. This is the best we are going to get.

Am I correct in thinking that the dock lets you connect USB peripherals to the Vega? If we could figure out how the dock does this, maybe we could work out how to do it without having to reboot. Of course, it may be a hardware thing.

I see the dock price has shot up overnight from £30 to £40 :-( Might still buy one though.

Guest Lennyuk
Am I correct in thinking that the dock lets you connect USB peripherals to the Vega? If we could figure out how the dock does this, maybe we could work out how to do it without having to reboot. Of course, it may be a hardware thing.

I see the dock price has shot up overnight from £30 to £40 :-( Might still buy one though.

the dock connects via a different port on the vega, devices that have host mode without rebooting tend to have at least 2 usb ports, we have one.

Guest mckal13
Ummm.... I had the v1, and without thinking, tried to boot into the host mode to plug a usb stick in.

Obvs. there wasnt actually a host kernel there... now, it wont turn on. Just backlight screen. The computer wotn detect it either if I try to do the recovery mode...

Any tips?

Fearing I would have to open it and do the hardware recovery by pushing the recovery pins inside it together, I decided to call it a night and look at later.

My first try to boot into recovery mode in the morning worked... Weird ass machine...

Guest organoman
the dock connects via a different port on the vega, devices that have host mode without rebooting tend to have at least 2 usb ports, we have one.

So it would seem to be a hardware issue then; bummer.

Guest the_corvus

To use ntfs or pl2303 must insmod modules.

You can use connectbot or other terminal, and exec: insmod /system/lib/modules/ntfs.ko

or pl2303.ko, or any of the modules in the folder.

You can too use Mount Manager, that allow you to configure the modules to load when start app.

Corvus

Guest MaxiP

I'm in the process of rebuilding my Vega after a Fastboot error when switching host / slave mode. Very interested in ths Buzz ROM and in partiuclar, the way that you switch USB mode - has anyone experienced any problems switching in this manner ?

My 'update' plan is;

Vega 1.09 (inc FLASH)

MCR R8

Buzz 0.3 (host_slave)

Then restore from last night's Titanium backup (phew). Any suggestions on additions / changes ?

Guest Buzing Bee

The dock connectors will always be in host mode (if the kernel setup is still the same)

Guest simonta
I'm in the process of rebuilding my Vega after a Fastboot error when switching host / slave mode. Very interested in ths Buzz ROM and in partiuclar, the way that you switch USB mode - has anyone experienced any problems switching in this manner ?

My 'update' plan is;

Vega 1.09 (inc FLASH)

MCR R8

Buzz 0.3 (host_slave)

Then restore from last night's Titanium backup (phew). Any suggestions on additions / changes ?

Exactly what I recently did.

Cheers