vega wont starrt arghhh !!!!

Guest del44

Guest simonta
Adb.exe is part of the android ask that you can get from Google. Just Google it.

Adb.exe is used in Paul's customs script adb-windows.bat to push the custom rom to your Vega.

So...to install the custom rom you need adb.exe, the Windows adb driver, the custom rom.

You been drinking? :(

ADB.EXE is part of the SDK, not the ask and the script is install-windows.bat.

dell44, you don't need the SDK and should not install it. It will only take space and confuse things.

ADB-WINDOWS.EXE is simply ADB.EXE renamed. Whenever you see ADB, use ADB-WINDOWS instead, or make it easy and rename it back to ADB.EXE

You been drinking? :(

ADB.EXE is part of the SDK, not the ask and the script is install-windows.bat.

dell44, you don't need the SDK and should not install it. It will only take space and confuse things.

ADB-WINDOWS.EXE is simply ADB.EXE renamed. Whenever you see ADB, use ADB-WINDOWS instead, or make it easy and rename it back to ADB.EXE

Yes I have been drinking. My thumb keyboard keeps correcting 'sdk' to 'ask'...and 'rom' to 'Tom'...but I spotted the latter.

As a developer I installed the SDK. Installed the custom rom using the adb that came with it. Never renamed no ADB-WINDOWS.

Still. You are right. It would be a lot easier to use then one supplied with the rom if that is what adb-windows.exe is :-)

Guest simonta

Dude, the second part was for dell44.....

(Wish I'd been drinking, just found out my favourite Scotch is empty - and I don't remember emptying it!!!!)

Dude, the second part was for dell44.....

(Wish I'd been drinking, just found out my favourite Scotch is empty - and I don't remember emptying it!!!!)

Ok. Ok. I stop dinking now...and typong.

Guest del44

I AM GOING TO RETRY THIS TODAY!!

I have reloade the r8 from here where it says download, bear with me i am a complete dummy, i now have it as a zip file in my documents little symbol of three coloured boxes next to it, this iwhere i get confused do plug the vega into the mains and cpt have it in recovery or just on ?

This bit below i have no idea about , i can get a command promt up from clicking all programes then accessories is this correct.

At a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows.bat', './install-linux.sh' or './install-mac.sh' as appropriate

I AM GOING TO RETRY THIS TODAY!!

I have reloade the r8 from here where it says download, bear with me i am a complete dummy, i now have it as a zip file in my documents little symbol of three coloured boxes next to it, this iwhere i get confused do plug the vega into the mains and cpt have it in recovery or just on ?

This bit below i have no idea about , i can get a command promt up from clicking all programes then accessories is this correct.

At a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows.bat', './install-linux.sh' or './install-mac.sh' as appropriate

There are a couple of videos on youtube that show how to install the custom rom.

Just search for "advent vega modaco custom rom install guide"

Guest del44
There are a couple of videos on youtube that show how to install the custom rom.

Just search for "advent vega modaco custom rom install guide"

Hi ME THE DIMWIT AGAIN

Bin ON YOUTUBE GONE THROUGH THE VIDEO UPTEEN TIMES

I get to the command prompt then it justs seems to nothing after i type install-windows.bat i take it the vega should be on with usb debugging and usb storgae on ?

think i havent unzipped the drivers properly as i cant find android phone on my devise manager like on the video

Thanks

Hi ME THE DIMWIT AGAIN

Bin ON YOUTUBE GONE THROUGH THE VIDEO UPTEEN TIMES

I get to the command prompt then it justs seems to nothing after i type install-windows.bat i take it the vega should be on with usb debugging and usb storgae on ?

think i havent unzipped the drivers properly as i cant find android phone on my devise manager like on the video

Thanks

Whilst in the same directory as install-windows.bat...try typing "adb-windows.exe devices"

Does it list a device?

if i type adb-windows.exe devicesit then says

list of devices attached and nothing comes up ?

thanks

When you plugged the Vega in did you get prompted to install a driver and did you select the one that came with the custom rom in the usbdriver directory...? Did it install the driver successfully? In device manager do you see the Vega as a USB mass storage device? Are you using windows XP? Try restarting your PC.

Guest del44
When you plugged the Vega in did you get prompted to install a driver and did you select the one that came with the custom rom in the usbdriver directory...? Did it install the driver successfully? In device manager do you see the Vega as a USB mass storage device? Are you using windows XP? Try restarting your PC.

No i didnt get that coming onto the screen, will it only show in device manager when the vrga is plugged into my cpt and its on vista

No i didnt get that coming onto the screen, will it only show in device manager when the vrga is plugged into my cpt and its on vista

When you connect the Vega (with debugging enabled) windows should prompt you about new hardware. Do you see anything under USB devices in device manager?

Hi when i plug the vega in the cpt just bleeps ,in device manager under usb is android debug bridge interface

Thanks

That's good! That's what you want. In explorer is there an additional drive letter for the Vega?

Is there an icon in the taskbar to eject USB device?

Guest del44
That's good! That's what you want. In explorer is there an additional drive letter for the Vega?

Is there an icon in the taskbar to eject USB device?

In explorer is there an additional drive letter for the Vega?

Is there an icon in the taskbar to eject USB device , Major sorry dont know what this means

it says under portable devices in device manager tega 2 ?

In explorer is there an additional drive letter for the Vega?

Is there an icon in the taskbar to eject USB device , Major sorry dont know what this means

it says under portable devices in device manager tega 2 ?

It looks like everything is good. You should be able to run "adb-windows.exe devices" and see "device nnnnn" where nnnnn is a number.z

Guest del44
It looks like everything is good. You should be able to run "adb-windows.exe devices" and see "device nnnnn" where nnnnn is a number.z

i must be doing something wrong

in command prompt it say waitng for device ensure us dubbing is enabled in settings apps

then it says

development and connect to pc

and then _ and nothing

do ineed the usb storge on the vega to be on ?

i must be doing something wrong

in command prompt it say waitng for device ensure us dubbing is enabled in settings apps

then it says

development and connect to pc

and then _ and nothing

do ineed the usb storge on the vega to be on ?

If you type 'adb-windows.exe devices' and it does not show a device then it aint gonna work.

I don't know what the problem is. I think there is a thread or two about driver problems that might help.

Don't not what else to suggest.

Maybe someone with more experience of this process will step in....

Sorry.

Someone is running a help session online. Saw it in a recent thread...can't remember what is was called...

Guest del44
If you type 'adb-windows.exe devices' and it does not show a device then it aint gonna work.

I don't know what the problem is. I think there is a thread or two about driver problems that might help.

Don't not what else to suggest.

Maybe someone with more experience of this process will step in....

Sorry.

Someone is running a help session online. Saw it in a recent thread...can't remember what is was called...

Thank you Thank you IVE ONLY GONE AND DONE yipeee THERE WAS I DRIVER PROBLEM BUT I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO SORT IT

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OUT ON HERE.

Thank you Thank you IVE ONLY GONE AND DONE yipeee THERE WAS I DRIVER PROBLEM BUT I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO SORT IT

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME OUT ON HERE.

Excellent news. Enjoy your now decent tablet.

Now you need to get adobe flash installed :(

Guest monkeydrufy

sorry guys,

I'm getting crazy, I've installed cm7 but my vega is stuck on boot logo now.

I'm trying to get into nvflash recovery to restore original rom but I couldn't enter into recovert

any help?

thanks