Guest tmirage

Changelog

Version: V1.10

-WIFI driver update

-Better Bluetooth performance

-Touch panel driver update

-Maximum volume adjustment.

Guest paul.doody

If I add the PoV update on top of Paul's r8 rom am I likely to mess my already ideal setup? I know these are firmware updates for WiFi and bluetooth but I'm in a happy place with my Vega and wouldn't wanna take a step back.

Guest ParanoidSPV
If I add the PoV update on top of Paul's r8 rom am I likely to mess my already ideal setup? I know these are firmware updates for WiFi and bluetooth but I'm in a happy place with my Vega and wouldn't wanna take a step back.

It will overwrite everything just as the R8 will if you apply that to the 1.10 POV rom after...

Guest dagrim1
It will overwrite everything just as the R8 will if you apply that to the 1.10 POV rom after...

You probably can't apply any custom rom addons though because the POV firmware runs in host mode by default instead of client mode (or the other way around, anyway... it runs in the opposite mode of the vega by default).

Guest dagrim1
that can be fixed with the host switch mode apk...

Hmmm, could be... Remember the host/slave mode switching not working in the very beginning but could indeed be that everything is settled now :(

Guest Sir Gash
that can be fixed with the host switch mode apk...

If I correctly understand the way the USB host/slave switcher works, doesn't it replace the kernel with one included in the package? If this is correct, you will effectively lose any kernel improvements in this ROM when you decide to switch.

I think I'll wait until Paul incorporates the fixes in this ROM into an MCR :(

Maybe there will be an official Advent ROM soon with these enhancements.

Edited by Sir Gash

Guest rvdgeer
If I correctly understand the way the USB host/slave switcher works, doesn't it replace the kernel with one included in the package? If this is correct, you will effectively lose any kernel improvements in this ROM when you decide to switch.

I think I'll wait until Paul incorporates the fixes in this ROM into an MCR :(

Maybe there will be an official Advent ROM soon with these enhancements.

There's always ADB over WiFi...

Step 1. Flash the PoV ROM

Step 2. Download and execute Visionary (temproot) twice

Step 3. Install ADB over WiFi and connect...

Then you can execute any ADB command...

Guest dfghggfgfd

The MCR-Package changes the Kernel anyway so it doesn´t matter if you already change the Kernel earlier.

Guest thedicemaster

that may not even be necessary.

i don't have any wireless adb tools installed, and if i just run "adb connect 10.0.0.10" it connects fine through wifi. (10.0.0.10 is the ip my tablet gets on my network)

Would certainly be good to see what wi fi solution is as I seem to have been troubled by this quite a bitof late

It takes a reboot to get going again,I have a Vega btw

Guest sugar0

and how do you install adb over wifi ?? i mean with the deafult ROM that hasn't market

Guest sugar0

Guys, im stuck with my Mobii 10" ! When i connect it to the USB it's not recognised and the APK that switch to slave doesen't work (even with temproot apparently ..) how i install modaco r8 ??

EDIT ! Nevermind, i managed to get usb switch working, let's try with the flash of the ROM!

Edited by sugar0

Guest nickwarn

This new POV firmware is great, its fast and responsive. I rooted it, i flashed clockwork recovery with wireless adb, used Original Ganjamans Addon for market, and i flashed Buzz Vega0.3 kernel where slave mode is default. Its exellent

This new POV firmware is great, its fast and responsive. I rooted it, i flashed clockwork recovery with wireless adb, used Original Ganjamans Addon for market, and i flashed Buzz Vega0.3 kernel where slave mode is default. Its exellent

When i flash Original Ganjamans Addon on 1.10 (i havs POV mobii) - tablet freezes on boot logo ADVENT.

Guest nickwarn
When i flash Original Ganjamans Addon on 1.10 (i havs POV mobii) - tablet freezes on boot logo ADVENT.

You are rooted? Mine booted and there was some messed up graphics in the statusbar and some other places, but i just downloaded the POV update from Ganjamans thread and all was tip top. Try again

You are rooted? Mine booted and there was some messed up graphics in the statusbar and some other places, but i just downloaded the POV update from Ganjamans thread and all was tip top. Try again

Thanks! I think root not needed, but i`m wrong :D

Guest Jisonga

I am looking to use this update on my Vega as i like the desktop and the music player.

I wanted to add the market but had trouble last time i used the POV update but i did not root machine so will try again after rooting this time.

What app did you use to root Vega after using POV rom.

Thanks.

Jason.