• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

behnaam

behnaam

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Android, UX and interaction design, tech and last but not least; Beer :D
  • Devices:Google Nexus One
  • Twitter:@benocharm
Well morchuboo was first with opening the Vega up, but I decided to dig a bit deeper into this nice tablet in hopes of one day being able to hardware mod the Vega.

This was my previous thread, though it didn't quite get a lot of attention.

My main goal was to find out what components that is used in the Vega, i.e. screen manufacturer etc. In the process of doing this, I unfortunately broke a few vital parts (battery connector) of the tablet, resulting in it being almost useless. So now I'm here, with a broken Vega for the cause of science and geeekiness. Hopefully I'll have better luck in this competition than I had when disassembling the Vega.

Yet I'm happy that I at least managed to find out who the screen manufacturer was.

Here is a few pics (sorry for the blurry images, but I don't really have a good camera):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by behnaam, 08 March 2011 - 03:08 PM.

Follow me @benocharm on twitter for latest update on my work :)

Like my work? Consider buying me a beer :)

dexta211

dexta211

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
Hi there,

Thanks for the Hi Quality pictures, did you get a look at the back of the dock connector? ie is it possible to run a USB cable from the back of it, and then into the innards of the Vega - primarily for a 3G Dongle to be internally mounted?

Thanks

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
thanks for this.
their looks to be some empty ports on the side of the motherboads. dont suppose you no what these are

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users