Photo

YAUDIG. USB driver guides for newcomers. It works!

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

gadgetshop

gadgetshop

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE
  • Twitter:@seanicca

For newcomers. Screen shot intensive, step by step guides to installing the USB drivers needed to flash stock ROM and install the Modaco ROM on Windows XP, Vista and 7. Done as PDFs rather than a monster post which would probably be unusable.

Please feedback, especially if any steps didn't work, didn't make sense, seemed out of order or had different results to the ones shown in the guides.

Good luck.....

BIG THANKS to you

After treating myself on Thursday to my new toy, I've spent the best part of the Easter weekend trying to get the drivers sorted, with no joy and nearly launching through the window. I then stumbled across your guide and within 10 minutes I was sorted and now have mcr on my new Vega :)

Much appreciated, let the fun begin

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

BIG THANKS to you

After treating myself on Thursday to my new toy, I've spent the best part of the Easter weekend trying to get the drivers sorted, with no joy and nearly launching through the window. I then stumbled across your guide and within 10 minutes I was sorted and now have mcr on my new Vega :)

Much appreciated, let the fun begin

Thank you for the feedback. Delighted to hear that it worked for you. Enjoy your Vega. Cheers

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

shenglong

shenglong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:advent vega san francisco
  • Twitter:@kadbad

It looks like a problem with 64 bit. I think that the drivers are not installing correctly. Please could you right click the device then properties->details and let me know hardware ids, inf section and matching device ids?

Thanks

ok i right click on Android ADB Interface > propertoes > details

hardware ids = usb\vid_0955&pid_7000

inf section = just says USB_Install

Matching device Id = = usb\vid_0955&pid_7000

hmm i sorta got bored with fiddling around and just put this ( http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=931337 ) into the software updates folder on the sd card and then went to software update in settings and installed it and it worked fine haha

then i did the same with corvus5 ( http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=931337 ) and it installed but i think the g-sensor is messed up and wifi dont work lol

Edited by shenglong, 24 April 2011 - 05:45 PM.

shenglong

shenglong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:advent vega san francisco
  • Twitter:@kadbad
hmm i removed the android adb interface a few times, disabled firewal, reconnected usb in debug mode, uninstalled the usb storage, and installed the legacy hardware again.....still got the code 10 warning and exclamation mark when installed but i noticed that the adb server was not running in the task manager

so i ran vegatools went to ADB USB tab started usbdeview tried to remove all nvidia drivers but it didnt uninstall but adb.exe was in task manager now.....soooo i just ran install-windows.bat aaand this time it worked lol

installed fine from what i can tell hahaa except two devices show up see pic ! i assume i can remove the one with the exclamation mark

ahhh phew i understand now why so many noobs are at their wits ends ! and probably alot of u regs too who try to help lol

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Yeh, just delete the one with the exclamation mark. "Android Composite ADB Interface" is the correct one.

Cheers

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Zebrahead

Zebrahead

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Hey,

I'm not sure if they're any help, but I figured this is the best place to put this.

The POV Mobii actually has a step by step with pictures on how to install their drivers on the official website. As the tablets are the same, the instructions are near identical.

Idk whether you want to used it at all, but I just thought I'd mention it ^^.

Link : http://downloads.poi.....ctions V2.pdf

Zeb ^^

My new website - check it out for various VEGA dev stuffs and tools

I'm running out of space to host things! More space for both of us if you don't already have Dropbox! : Free Dropbox Space!!
@ZebraDroid

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Boing

smellycox

smellycox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:advent vega

For newcomers. Screen shot intensive, step by step guides to installing the USB drivers needed to flash stock ROM and install the Modaco ROM on Windows XP, Vista and 7. Done as PDFs rather than a monster post which would probably be unusable.

Please feedback, especially if any steps didn't work, didn't make sense, seemed out of order or had different results to the ones shown in the guides.

BEFORE STARTING, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT IN USB HOST MODE!

Good luck.....

at bloody last! I am an idiot and this is the most idiot proof guide I have seen for Modaco ROM install. I installed it using Windows 7 without too many issues.
While I am in awe, and thank very much, Paul at Modaco for writing the ROM please realise that there are many of us out here that are absolutely clueless when it comes to technical/slang computer and software terms and the original post instructions do not contain anything like the detail in these PDFs.
Thanks Simonta - I now can enjoy without the install cutting anymore time from my life!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

at bloody last! I am an idiot and this is the most idiot proof guide I have seen for Modaco ROM install. I installed it using Windows 7 without too many issues.
While I am in awe, and thank very much, Paul at Modaco for writing the ROM please realise that there are many of us out here that are absolutely clueless when it comes to technical/slang computer and software terms and the original post instructions do not contain anything like the detail in these PDFs.
Thanks Simonta - I now can enjoy without the install cutting anymore time from my life!

My pleasure. You're welcome.

jimmy191

jimmy191

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Advent VEGA
Thanks a ton. Bought a Vega today as I want to look into app development (can't afford Ipad/phone yet) and was struggling sorting the USB driver out. Followed your PDF and worked first time. :mellow:

Now to start using this thing as an Ebook reader, then touch screen app tester! :o

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Thanks a ton. Bought a Vega today as I want to look into app development (can't afford Ipad/phone yet) and was struggling sorting the USB driver out. Followed your PDF and worked first time. :mellow:

Now to start using this thing as an Ebook reader, then touch screen app tester! :o

Glad it worked for you. Now you have the horrors of Java and Eclipse to look forward to :-)

Cheers

jimmy191

jimmy191

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Advent VEGA

Glad it worked for you. Now you have the horrors of Java and Eclipse to look forward to :-)

Cheers

Well I did Java in Uni for a few early modules, then some game programming in C#, currently going back learning C++. Getting fed up of not getting anywhere and always reading never making... so hoping to try making some shiny fun stuff for android on the vega. :mellow:

Spent the wole day screwing about with it so far setting it up with the right apps, lol.

gbols02

gbols02

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Oh my, Thanks to everyone here. Absolutely helpful, Really appreciate the work through of the update installation.

budgie74

budgie74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
ihave got so far yet seem tobe missing the final touch i am running win7 my vega was in v1.10 have changed to v1.09 am at the point in device manager where i have android phone showing with exclamation mark i have unintalled and deleted added legacy hardware yet still get the same i do apologise i am not the most technical person in the world yet can usually follow instructions and get things done any help is gratefully appreciated many thanks

Johnp1

Johnp1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

hmm i removed the android adb interface a few times, disabled firewal, reconnected usb in debug mode, uninstalled the usb storage, and installed the legacy hardware again.....still got the code 10 warning and exclamation mark when installed but i noticed that the adb server was not running in the task manager

so i ran vegatools went to ADB USB tab started usbdeview tried to remove all nvidia drivers but it didnt uninstall but adb.exe was in task manager now.....soooo i just ran install-windows.bat aaand this time it worked lol

installed fine from what i can tell hahaa except two devices show up see pic ! i assume i can remove the one with the exclamation mark

ahhh phew i understand now why so many noobs are at their wits ends ! and probably alot of u regs too who try to help lol

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi, first post on the forum. I have the same problem with vista 64 bit. Where is vegatools and what do you do to get the batch file to work. Description in easy to understand single sylables if poss as I am hard of thinking when it comes to IT.

PS I also tried to load the software from a XP laptop. All seems well as per SOMONATA's PDF file but when I try to load the mcr the laptop does not seem to recognise the vega is connected?

Help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Hi, first post on the forum. I have the same problem with vista 64 bit. Where is vegatools and what do you do to get the batch file to work. Description in easy to understand single sylables if poss as I am hard of thinking when it comes to IT.

PS I also tried to load the software from a XP laptop. All seems well as per SOMONATA's PDF file but when I try to load the mcr the laptop does not seem to recognise the vega is connected?

Help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John

Reboot your PC and Vega. Don't just put the Vega to sleep, reboot it.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Yeehaa. Jester's dead!

TimboDavis

TimboDavis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I'd like to say a big thanks for the procedure write-up Si!

It helped me and it's helped a couple of friends of mine too. There are so many folks on this forum, in fact site, that are willing to give up their time to help others - it's brill!

Thanks again!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

It helped me and it's helped a couple of friends of mine too. There are so many folks on this forum, in fact site, that are willing to give up their time to help others - it's brill!

Thanks again!

You're most welcome. Enjoy the improvements!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Thanks again!

You're most welcome. Enjoy the improvements!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users