An experimental CM7 Kernel

Guest t0mm13b

Please do report back and see... have a funny feeling that the CONFIG_ZTE_SUSPEND_WAKEUP_MONITOR activates other parts of the code elsewhere and not just for monitoring wakelocks, perhaps ZTE specific stuff... no idea... not 100% sure as I only gleaned in on the code... will investigate this further...

Just a guess, but i'd say that is monitoring wakeup events, like from the proximity sensor ... that is probably what was causing the bug, the proximity sensor not waking the phone properly during calls, it was all related to the different power saving states & them not being changed properly.

Guest Frankish

I have been waiting for someone to start maintaining a modded CM blade kernel...i hope you wish to continue t0mm1e :(

Will give this a go soon. Positive comments so far though. Legend.

Guest k0nrad

Damn you, good sir. I was getting comfortable with ye olde 2.2 ROM and you had to screw things up by fixing things... :(

Doing nandroid backup and downloading Nightly 15 + modded kernel as I type. :(

If it works for me, I'll consider it a fine birthday gift :). Great job once again t0mm1e & wbaw!

Edited by k0nrad

Guest Daimaah
Umm, where is ' always use proximity'? I'm on rc2 with the update.zip and can't see it in call settings :/

It should be right there between "Keep screen awake" and "Always back to call log". Edit: There's a lot of options in Call settings, scroll down a bit.

Edited by Daimaah

CONFIG_ZTE_SUSPEND_WAKEUP_MONITOR=y

CONFIG_SCREEN_ON_WITHOUT_KEYOCDE=y

Just a quick question. Is the bit that says _KEYOCDE a typo of _KEYCODE by any chance? And if it is a typo, is it a typo only on this forum, or in your modified code, or in the kernel itself or what? Hopefully that question makes sense! :(

Guest simonckenyon
I have recompiled the current CM7 kernel from nightly 14, what's the experiment you saw in the topic,

Well... I have enabled the options

CONFIG_ZTE_SUSPEND_WAKEUP_MONITOR=y

CONFIG_SCREEN_ON_WITHOUT_KEYOCDE=y

and fixed up the mis-spelling as per css171's post in another thread in relation to rpcrouter... :(

can you please say which git repository you used and post a .config file?

i would like to build it for myself

thanks in advance

Guest targetbsp

Another confirming this fix works! I disabled my tasker script workaround and tested it and it worked great! And you definitely do need that proximity thing ticked for it to function. :(

Guest tcpaulh
It should be right there between "Keep screen awake" and "Always back to call log". Edit: There's a lot of options in Call settings, scroll down a bit.

Well that's odd. Theres nothing between keep screen awake and always back to call log here :(. Might have to wipe and reflash.

Guest gingerninja

Hi

I have just installed this and it did not fix the sensor. So I tried again this time wiping cache and dalvik cache I also unticked and re ticked always use prox sensor and yipee working perfectly :( . Many thanks for your hard work.

Ps not bothered about battery life as phone is charged every night. :(

Guest DonJamal

i havent got "always use proximity" in call settings on n15!

i got keep screen awake, alwasy back to call log but nowhere the proximty :(

Guest thomnowuk

Why don't we make a thread to show different kernels... postives and negatives to each one too, and make it a sticky. This would make it easier for testing purposes.

Guest Frankish

How about t0mm1eb's kernel as an update.zip for those who want it quick and easy?

EDIT:

Use post #6 i missed that.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Rotmann
Well that's odd. Theres nothing between keep screen awake and always back to call log here :(. Might have to wipe and reflash.

i havent got "always use proximity" in call settings on n15!

i got keep screen awake, alwasy back to call log but nowhere the proximty :(

Maybe you wacked the sensors with some other mod (like the honeycomb one)? Wipe and retry.

Guest Frankish
Good job Dad. Hope the new arrival is not keeping you up...

No not at all she is a little angel. I was worried about my first child but she is perfect and a walk in the park to look after! (So far!)

How about t0mm1eb's kernel as an update.zip for those who want it quick and easy?

I already uploaded it, post #6 & your version might not work without the modules.

Edited by wbaw

Frankish whats the difrence between your update zip and wbaw?

Mine works & it has the kernel modules included, Frankish's doesn't have the modules. does it work without them frankish?

Edited by wbaw

Guest tcpaulh
Maybe you wacked the sensors with some other mod (like the honeycomb one)? Wipe and retry.

Good thinking batman, er, Rotmann ;-)

Rather than wiping I'm gonna reflash rc2 then update the kernel