1.8.1 bug reporting

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest maxicet
ok folks can you please report bugs seen with 1.8.1 BUT KEEP THE THREAD TIDY to make it easier for me to read

com.phone.android fc, random, 2-3 times a day, but I'm with 240 dpi.

random copilot freeze when fix gps

also home dock freeze device, only with 240 dpi

asphalt 5hd fc, but only when exit

randomly phone apk hangs on phone calls, when the line is occuped, and I have to reboot

For the rest, best rom of ever

excuse me for my bad english, I'm italian from Tuscany...:-)

Guest XsCode

Was it ok on 160 DPI?

com.phone.android fc, random, 2-3 times a day, but I'm with 240 dpi.

random copilot freeze when fix gps

also home dock freeze device, only with 240 dpi

asphalt 5hd fc, but only when exit

randomly phone apk hangs on phone calls, when the line is occuped, and I have to reboot

For the rest, best rom of ever

excuse me for my bad english, I'm italian from Tuscany...:-)

Guest chrisrotolo

1.8.1 200 dpi

phone force closes not always, typical seen it in other builds, ecspecially with dpi other than 160

new bug in 181 for me, status bar notifications for apps such as lookout security, after reboot of phone the status bar icon shows up and is selected in the settings after turning it off. i cleared the apps cache, wiped cache from recovery and cleared dalvik cache. not a huge deal though.

even with perfmod and the new ppt options, I feel 1.7 performed slightly better.

cannot complain,

thanks so much.

Guest Mobile Guy

1.Still experiencing wifi/3g data issues. If I am using 3g and want to use wifi I have to select wifi wait for the error and thw restart. Then wifi works. And the same in reverse.

2. When I restart my phone it is in silent/vibrate mode. I cycle my ring toggle and then ringer sound works. Had the same issues on 1.8 and 1.7.

3. When I flashed 1.81 over 1.8 the 720p option in my camcorder greys out. I didn't want to have to do a factory reset to fix it.

Install.txt:

Noapps

Us160

tabmail

Tried with perfmod and without. Currently running a stable perfmod.

Guest Stevewt
1.Still experiencing wifi/3g data issues. If I am using 3g and want to use wifi I have to select wifi wait for the error and thw restart. Then wifi works. And the same in reverse.

2. When I restart my phone it is in silent/vibrate mode. I cycle my ring toggle and then ringer sound works. Had the same issues on 1.8 and 1.7.

3. When I flashed 1.81 over 1.8 the 720p option in my camcorder greys out. I didn't want to have to do a factory reset to fix it.

Install.txt:

Noapps

Us160

tabmail

Tried with perfmod and without. Currently running a stable perfmod.

I have issues 1 and 2.

com.phone.android fc, random, few times a day- on DPI of 180

randomly phone apk hangs on phone calls, when the line is occuped

3g and wifi switching buggy at times.

Accelerometer sticky at times.

Guest coronet

The biggest issue I'd like to report is the volume output of headphones: it's very low for some reason. I know you know about this issue Steve, so I won't get into explaining. Have you come across any theories as to why it is so low? It's fine on 1.6, but has had issues since 2.1-O2. Is it possible to cross-examine the code from those two builds to draw a conclusion?

Guest lukew
ok folks can you please report bugs seen with 1.8.1 BUT KEEP THE THREAD TIDY to make it easier for me to read

Bluetooth Voice Dial does not work in 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. It works in 1.7.0

It says "Speak Now" and then the bluetooth voice dialer locks up, will force close after a minute or 2.

Guest tv-arnd

Automatic brightness does not work after startup (cover / uncover light sensor).

Select Settings>Display>Brightness seems to enable this. Cover / uncover light sensor now adapts brightness.

This is (somehow, sometimes) related to Miren browser's brightness. In some constallations, the settings made in Miren's menu->Brightness, do not affect display brightness.

Edited by tv-arnd

Guest Warpedflash

points 1 and 2 from Mobile Guy.

Still does its random slowdown to hell thing every so often still but its done that since forever on your roms now.

Exiting the browser gives an F/C

Sound issues as reported above from turning it off and on

Edited by Warpedflash

Guest Stephen Hyde

720p can be fixes by clearing data for cam app usually. Any issues with phone on non stock densitys I cant help with and suggest you use the tabletphone dialer. As for sound thats just dells audio libs I think. The data issue I need more logs to try and sort

Guest jmhalder
720p can be fixes by clearing data for cam app usually. Any issues with phone on non stock densitys I cant help with and suggest you use the tabletphone dialer. As for sound thats just dells audio libs I think. The data issue I need more logs to try and sort

Is it possible to just get/use a AOSP dialer/contacts app? I tried, and couldn't swap em cause they're odexed, and obviously I'm a noob... AOSP dialer would be preferable, and probably the most stable.

Guest Stevewt

The sound and data issues began with 1.7.0. Neither issue existed in 1.6.1.

Guest gtg203a

A known bug with a known fix, but I thought it'd be good to include in the list to be sure it gets resolved in the next(?) build:

The issue with loading wikipedia websites; fixable by copying those libskia.so and libskiaGL.so files to /system/lib. See post #368 on the StreadDroid 1.7.0 thread and various other places.

Guest mrmrmrmr

1.8.1 is working fine for me except that I can't create home screen shortcuts from within an application.

Some examples to these type of apps:

Audio Manager

remote VNC

remote RDP

Guest Mobile Guy

Ok fixed my 720p option by clearing the data. Thank you.

What logs do you need to see and how do I send them to you for the data issue? btw, When I am on a working wifi connection and I want to change to 3g data. I know that the 3g data isnt working because my browser will not load any pages.

Guest kentt

Using bluetooth (in my case a Jabra Extreme) headset (paired and connected), press 'voice dial button' on headset. Phone freezes or lags, dialer crashes a lot until I reboot. I can't give more details really because I went back to 1.6.1. Also, I would have rather it launched the Google Voice Actions than the Bluetooth Voice Dialer, since the BT Voice Dialer can't understand anything I say (and yes I am a native English speaker).

Guest friscolocks

2.2 318 to 1.8.1, default email won't show inbox mail, says I have 25 email but nothing is in the inbox, also some random resets.

Did a factory reset, reloaded all my stuff, still no email showeing in default email, no more random resets.

Guest phoenixdude24

Whenever the phone reboots or powers off when it comes back on several apps such as Facebook and qik have downgraded to an earlier version and can not update to newer version for several days. Market says I'm on current version. On 1.8.1 with perfmod and no other changes.

Guest The Fixer

On us140 dpi, android.phone app terminates 2-7 times a day (This is about 5x better than it was with 1.7), or just random hangup in the middle of a conversation. I use a Bluetooth headset 100% of the time. I average 2-3 hours of talk everyday so I dial/receive a LOT of phone calls everyday. I get a random reboot 1-2x a day or once every other day. I can't tell you if Voice dialing works because it was so buggy from the beginning, I've totally stopped using it.