Alternative to modding the Vega

Guest Soulcalibur76

Guest Soulcalibur76

Like i said i did followed your instructions by the book. Im trying to ignore the part where there is this ex'tion mark and i did noticed the part where i need ti "install it anyway".

The one thats troubling me is the part where i need to extract the ROM in the first place.i noticed my brand-new PC is taking a while to extract the damn thing.

Also i don't quite understand the part wherein i get this black screen after clicking the install windows.bat file. Why was it taking a bit long you think?

Guest Soulcalibur76

I think i found what i am doing wrong.

when i first downloaded the R8 Kitchen ROM thingy i didn't Right Click > Extract All

I did that and i was able to move forward.

now, i had to follow your different approach. i Right Click on the device (i found on the Device manager) > Update Driver Software then it (i.e. my PC) found my device the Advent Vega

right, that worked. then i went on to Click the "Install_Windows.bat" file and then i noticed the ROM was extracting itself and was seemingly installing on my device.

my device rebooted and then it appears that it was successfull in installing the ROM.

i now got the official Android Market and a smaller Notifications bar. can't say if it got a bit faster but i'm sure i will notice it in time.

is that it then? any tips or tricks or advice to keep my device in tip-top shape please? and how to save battery life?

do we know when will the next ROM come out? will i do the same whole procedure thing if it comes out?

will everything else stay the same like the music and the video player, etc.? would you recommend any good media player for my Vega? (i go to gallery to play my .avi files)

is there a faster way to transfer files (esp. videos) to the microSD card?

*whew* :-)

Wow!!!!!

Edited by Soulcalibur76

Guest simonta
I think i found what i am doing wrong.

when i first downloaded the R8 Kitchen ROM thingy i didn't Right Click > Extract All

I did that and i was able to move forward.

now, i had to follow your different approach. i Right Click on the device (i found on the Device manager) > Update Driver Software then it (i.e. my PC) found my device the Advent Vega

right, that worked. then i went on to Click the "Install_Windows.bat" file and then i noticed the ROM was extracting itself and was seemingly installing on my device.

my device rebooted and then it appears that it was successfull in installing the ROM.

i now got the official Android Market and a smaller Notifications bar. can't say if it got a bit faster but i'm sure i will notice it in time.

is that it then? any tips or tricks or advice to keep my device in tip-top shape please? and how to save battery life?

do we know when will the next ROM come out? will i do the same whole procedure thing if it comes out?

will everything else stay the same like the music and the video player, etc.? would you recommend any good media player for my Vega? (i go to gallery to play my .avi files)

is there a faster way to transfer files (esp. videos) to the microSD card?

*whew* :-)

Wow!!!!!

[sarcasm]

Thank you Simon for spending a couple of hours helping me.

That's OK, you're welcome

[/sarcasm]

Glad to see it's running. For all your other questions, this forum contains all that you need to know. The front page has a search box. Just enter "battery" for example to answer your question about maximising battery life.

Please also get used to reading instructions carefully - the first 2 steps in my list were to extract the files and know where you put them, so you failed at the first hurdle :D

When there is a new ROM released, you will be able to just install it as the hard bit, getting the USB drivers installed is done.

Cheers

Guest Soulcalibur76

I meant to do that but yes..i owe you a one big THANK YOU!!!

I will try and remember what you told me and will love my Vega.

As for my other queries i will use the Search bar if not i will post in here.

Thanks again, mate!!!

Guest simonta
I meant to do that but yes..i owe you a one big THANK YOU!!!

I will try and remember what you told me and will love my Vega.

As for my other queries i will use the Search bar if not i will post in here.

Thanks again, mate!!!

No worries, I'm just pulling your leg anyway...enjoy your new Vega - you will not regret setting it free....