Flash 10.2 - Available Now 6 days early :D

Guest wobblydoggy

Guest wobblydoggy
No offence meant to you Wobblydoggy, "reliable source" was aimed at the file hosting sites rather than yourself. Was unsure if you had uploaded the file or not.......

Lol no offence taken buddy I didn't upload but tested before posting

Just popped it on my stock htc desire its also is a vast improvement on that

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest Jisonga

Thanks for the link and details mate.

I have installed it and all seems ok.

I really like the 3D desktop of the Surfer 360 or POV and may well update to version 1.10 and then retry flash 10.2 to see how it performs compared to the Advent 1.09 firmware.

Jason.

Guest stephen337

Hi just got my Vega yesterday. Got r8 on it within a couple of hours. :D

However I have had a problem with the browser crashing on the bbc news home page. I have pugins set to 'on' so it must be the flash...

Installing this update sorted it for a while but its now crashing again even after a reboot

Any ideas?

Edited by stephen337

Guest schprlock

Thanks for the update. But...

I didn't think I had a defective unit, but now I am starting to think I do.

When people were talking about Flash updates from the market (non-tegra optimized), it was pretty obvious to me that when playing flash video there was no anti-alising. Instead of a smooth image, although a bit blurry, I had big squares. Each video dot was created by a square of pixels.

The same thing is happening to me now. Am I the only one who notices or is there some problem with my Vega?

Also, in order for Flash to be recognized, I have to install the one from the Market first and then update it with the file provided in this thread. If I only install this one, Flash is not detected and I get a window full of random looking characters. Is it possible that this file is not doing anything in my Vega? I have MCR r8.

I reverted to the GLES Flash gles2 v10.1.95.18, which provides the best results for me, but I would like to experience the improvements on v10.2.

Guest mingoid
Thanks for the update. But...

I didn't think I had a defective unit, but now I am starting to think I do.

When people were talking about Flash updates from the market (non-tegra optimized), it was pretty obvious to me that when playing flash video there was no anti-alising. Instead of a smooth image, although a bit blurry, I had big squares. Each video dot was created by a square of pixels.

The same thing is happening to me now. Am I the only one who notices or is there some problem with my Vega?

Also, in order for Flash to be recognized, I have to install the one from the Market first and then update it with the file provided in this thread. If I only install this one, Flash is not detected and I get a window full of random looking characters. Is it possible that this file is not doing anything in my Vega? I have MCR r8.

I reverted to the GLES Flash gles2 v10.1.95.18, which provides the best results for me, but I would like to experience the improvements on v10.2.

I see the same thing with regards to anti-aliasing on this version - very obvious on The Killing subtitles. Sure there will be an updated official verson :D

Guest HunteronX

Thanks, wobblydoggy.

I'll try it out later today. I'm using the POV Mobii 1.10 firmware with the Buzz Vega 0.3 kernel.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest wobblydoggy
Since I installed this I noticed BBC website crashing both stock browser and dolphin on certain pages. I uninstalled and reinstalled 10.1 and all is well. An example of a page that crashed is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12724953

Assuming it is the new flash causing the problem I hope it isn't the actual release version!

C

That page workedd fine for me on miren browseer

Guest premieral
Since I installed this I noticed BBC website crashing both stock browser and dolphin on certain pages. I uninstalled and reinstalled 10.1 and all is well. An example of a page that crashed is

Assuming it is the new flash causing the problem I hope it isn't the actual release version!

C

Worked fine for me on dolphin hd too

Guest bohemian100

C

This crashed on me even with 10.1

Guest wi-fli

This is brilliant! - I can now get BBC iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Player and Demand5 all on my Vega. I've tested them and they all work, although Channel 5 was a bit choppy, but the others worked great.

The video artifacts were noticeable but not a show stopper - maybe they'll get fixed with new video drivers in some future ROM update, should one ever appear...

If we ever get Honeycomb, then we'll get hardware video decoding in Flash (I just read that Honeycomb supports Tegra h/w acceleration of UI elements, as shown in the latest 4.5 version of Dolphin HD)

Guest HunteronX
Thanks, wobblydoggy.

I'll try it out later today. I'm using the POV Mobii 1.10 firmware with the Buzz Vega 0.3 kernel.

It works just as others have said, but I've reverted to flash 10.1, because of the aliasing of video in the 10.2 version.

Guest Anton2k
Was a bit dubious about the surpriseflash title but ploughed on through and it seems kosha. Having just instaled 10.1last night and been dismayed at the lip sync issues in iplayer, this has made a massive improvement. It's not perfect but at least when people stop talking their lips stop moving at approximately the same time!!

I'd go for it, what is there to lose.

Yea this i like

Guest Anton2k

Mod Edit: *** Content deleted***

PLEASE keep all comments and post civil and remember it's not just adults that visit these forums!

Edited by Lew247

Guest Sir Gash
Content deleted

Wo! Calm down there!

For starters, this is a leaked version and not necessarily the final version which will be released on Friday. If you use the official Vega ROM the version of Flash supplied is much better. And as for the artifacts, this is down to nVidia drivers and modules on our ROMs and has nothing to do with Flash, the reason we are getting them now is probably because they enabled hardware acceleration.

Guest wobblydoggy
Wo! Calm down there!

For starters, this is a leaked version and not necessarily the final version which will be released on Friday. If you use the official Vega ROM the version of Flash supplied is much better. And as for the artifacts, this is down to nVidia drivers and modules on our ROMs and has nothing to do with Flash, the reason we are getting them now is probably because they enabled hardware acceleration.

Hmmm new market version is the same as this leaked one regarding artefacts