• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
You just need to rename splash.img to splash.bmp. I just did it like that because I save my images from GIMP which saves them as a .bmp

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
I thought that were completely different?

Sig.png

What Font Are You Using? (thats legible of course :P)

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
Im going to tidy up the guide a bit more, make things clearer etc.

To those mods.

Will changing this topics name change its url? I was thinking of simplifying it ( :L )

I just don't want any broken links.

Edited by Mushroom_Lord, 06 April 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Sig.png

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

I thought that were completely different?

Follow the Kallt_Kaffee guide for creating a splash image in GIMP, it is a rgb565 .bmp file. Some of them might be missing the .bmp header, if they were created differently, so they might not display in all image software on your pc, but the phone ignores that part anyway, so it'll still work on the phone.

The updater-script in the zip file relies on it being called splash.bmp, so whatever your splash image is called, rename it to that & put it in the zip.

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Will changing this topics name change its url? I was thinking of simplifying it ( :L )

I just don't want any broken links.

It will change the url, but the old url should redirect to the new one, so no broken links, hopefully.

Roo13

Roo13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade GEN1 OLED 3mp
Hi

You just need to rename splash.img to splash.bmp. I just did it like that because I save my images from GIMP which saves them as a .bmp

Restarted with your archive, replaced bootanimation.zip with the one with Mario and Frankish's splash right-clicked on the 1rst thread and saved as "splash.bmp"
Zipped the whole thing in archive.zip on a mac, flashed from CWM 3.0.0.5, during installing:
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/splash.bmp", "splash")
E:Error in /sdcard/archive.zip
(Status 7)
though boot animation get flashed..thanks! i'll an other one to see if it's the img.

Mushroom_lord>bmp is mispelled in mbp here and thanks for the tidy it's clearer.

Edited by Roo13, 07 April 2011 - 11:56 AM.

ROM: [GEN2] CM7 7.1.0 KANG
Recovery: CWM 3.0.2.7
µSD: Kingmax 8GB Class 10

Roo13

Roo13

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade GEN1 OLED 3mp
Hi again
i converted the .png to .bmp with PS the image is flashed in the zip but corrupted...are there particular settings: format (windows, OS/2), depth (16,24,32 bytes)...?
Guess i'm dumb today..i took the .img renamed it and rolled like a charm..thanks

Edited by Roo13, 07 April 2011 - 02:04 PM.

ROM: [GEN2] CM7 7.1.0 KANG
Recovery: CWM 3.0.2.7
µSD: Kingmax 8GB Class 10

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Hi
Restarted with your archive, replaced bootanimation.zip with the one with Mario and Frankish's splash right-clicked on the 1rst thread and saved as "splash.bmp"
Zipped the whole thing in archive.zip on a mac, flashed from CWM 3.0.0.5, during installing:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/splash.bmp", "splash")
E:Error in /sdcard/archive.zip
(Status 7)
though boot animation get flashed..thanks! i'll an other one to see if it's the img.

Mushroom_lord>bmp is mispelled in mbp here and thanks for the tidy it's clearer.

Dang, I thought I'd changed that already :D

Sig.png

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Hi again
i converted the .png to .bmp with PS the image is flashed in the zip but corrupted...are there particular settings: format (windows, OS/2), depth (16,24,32 bytes)...?
Guess i'm dumb today..i took the .img renamed it and rolled like a charm..thanks

In case you want to create your own, then it needs to be a 16bit 565 colour depth uncompressed bmp, 480x800 & flipped horizontally, it should be just over 750kb.

All the splash.img files in this thread have already been converted to the right format, they're really .bmp files, or close enough for the phone, so just rename any splash.img you find in this thread to splash.bmp & it should work.

Edited by wbaw, 09 April 2011 - 06:25 AM.

kaju666

kaju666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Blade

Edited by kaju666, 09 April 2011 - 11:28 PM.

daveyork84

daveyork84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@davewaites
Found a few nice bootanimations from XDA here http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=905538

Posted Image

Want 11GB of free storage? Try Minus http://min.us/rrCQVs6. Android supported.

Len Ash

Len Ash

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Devices:SGS 2, Nexus 7, Omnia 7
Nowt to do with theming, but the Modaco Reboot app you link to - doesn't appear to work. It works in MCR12, and it "opens" in kk's ROMs, but actually does nothing. No FC though.

I am using there is another lib file (perhaps) missing?

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
As I said, I am no means a dev. My ability to program anything is rather - limited.

I'll assume it was written by Paul.

You could try taking it apart, its probably only be a few lines of code - see what it refers to etc.

Or you could ask himself :)

Sig.png

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
And I'll add that splash and bootanim to that 1st post in a Mo :)

Sig.png

Len Ash

Len Ash

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

As I said, I am no means a dev. My ability to program anything is rather - limited.

I'll assume it was written by Paul.

You could try taking it apart, its probably only be a few lines of code - see what it refers to etc.

Or you could ask himself :)

Have done, many moons ago, no reply. I also asked Flibbesan as he uses a slightly modded version of it, again - no response. I assumed you were offering it tested and working...

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Have done, many moons ago, no reply. I also asked Flibbesan as he uses a slightly modded version of it, again - no response. I assumed you were offering it tested and working...

Sorry to disappoint. I can't remember what ROM I pulled it from, I'll get the ones from Pauls r12 and flbs r11 when I have the time.

Disclaimer:

I am 13 :L

Sig.png

Len Ash

Len Ash

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Sorry to disappoint. I can't remember what ROM I pulled it from, I'll get the ones from Pauls r12 and flbs r11 when I have the time.

Disclaimer:

I am 13 :L

No problem, I would wholeheartedly encourage you to learn/contribute - everyone, irrespective of age, started somewhere!

My interest in the app started with MCR r12. I simply pulled it and tried it in some of the kk ROMs I "remixed". No go. My assumption therefore was that there is something else associated with the app, but the only thing I could find was libnative.so, which I pushed. No difference. I suspect that the kernel is hacked for it. But don't know. There are some very odd ROMs out there with various loose ends and redundant files...

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

No problem, I would wholeheartedly encourage you to learn/contribute - everyone, irrespective of age, started somewhere!

My interest in the app started with MCR r12. I simply pulled it and tried it in some of the kk ROMs I "remixed". No go. My assumption therefore was that there is something else associated with the app, but the only thing I could find was libnative.so, which I pushed. No difference. I suspect that the kernel is hacked for it. But don't know. There are some very odd ROMs out there with various loose ends and redundant files...

There are reboot apps on the market (requiring su, of course) but none of them seem to work on the evo, and others. I'll assume people can run such apps on stock ROMS I wonder if it's sense effecting them. And how that might translate to us. Unfortunately, that could take some time. I doubt the market apps work for us, but I'll try a few :)

Sig.png

JudasLucifer

JudasLucifer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
'Quick reboot' (free) from the market worked fine for me on cm7, but. That's cm7, not kk.
Maybe kk's kernal doesn't work with it for some reason...

Sig.png

Len Ash

Len Ash

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

'Quick reboot' (free) from the market worked fine for me on cm7, but. That's cm7, not kk.
Maybe kk's kernal doesn't work with it for some reason...

As a minor point of interest, the kk SSParts/SSExtras app from SS 4 works on JJ.

Not earthshattering news though.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users