Benchmark & Overclocking

Guest redshift13

Guest redshift13

Flashed amonra...did a nandroid backup...

Rooted using SuperOneClick... B)

Before rooting I got Standard Benchmark of about 1100.. :(

After Rooting I got around 950..!! :(

After running it again I got around 1304...!! B)

Does the score improve with multiple runs..??

Also please tell me how to go about OverClocking... :D

Not that the device needs it..its pretty fast...but I would like to learn more..! :D

Looking forward to your replies... B)

• 1 month later...
Guest Nesli

Hello,

just rooting doesnt affect power of device, as you wrote, you need overclock for this :)

You need custom rom or at least kernel which supports OC, than application called SetCPU where you can set freqency..

..The device is fast, yes, but it can be faster :) About Benchmark score variation, it´s normal, caused by unkilled apps, data transfer, etc..simply things which randomly eating CPU power during the test.

I´ve uploaded video with quadrant bench and cpu at 1,5ghz :P Device is increadibly responsive, no lags all system :) Normal, I´m using max speed 1,2ghz, it´s almost the same as in 1,5ghz ;)

YT Video -

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jesz80
Hello,

just rooting doesnt affect power of device, as you wrote, you need overclock for this :mellow:

You need custom rom or at least kernel which supports OC, than application called SetCPU where you can set freqency..

..The device is fast, yes, but it can be faster :D About Benchmark score variation, it´s normal, caused by unkilled apps, data transfer, etc..simply things which randomly eating CPU power during the test.

I´ve uploaded video with quadrant bench and cpu at 1,5ghz :D Device is increadibly responsive, no lags all system :o Normal, I´m using max speed 1,2ghz, it´s almost the same as in 1,5ghz ;)

YT Video -

Hi Nesli, how u doing? wat is ur version? 2.2.2? 100.19? 100.24? 100.35? currently using the leaked 2.3.3, rom was alright but it's lagging when comes to playin games even a simple angry birds. the whole things jerk. probably will roll back to froyo for its smoothness :D :D