Advent Vega

Guest Nick810

Guest simonta
i ve never installed any Modaco roms (or others), i dont think that s really necessary to use correctly this tablet, i dont say its not good :D just not necessary. The only 'must to do' thing is to install Android Market but it can be installed easily without any rom, also installing every new official firmware and that s all, so i dont think that any Modaco rom will change the "android life" of Nick810.

Whether you need it or not is one discussion. Whether it's a good thing to do is another. By getting over the initial "what the hell do I do" uncertainty, getting the USB drivers right (which is a one-off thing) and becoming comfortable with doing stuff on your tablet other than just download apps is solid gold and definitely will change someones' Android life.

More to mcr than the Market.

Guest Minimonkey

Guess you have gone out bud... I'm sure that the people on this forum will set your Vega free soon, just keep on posting and we will get you there.

Guest Minimonkey
Nick,

Maybe it helps to use windows XP to set it up and there is a step by step tutorial on YouTube as well.

Good Luck

Jeff

Good thinking Batman!

Guest G0OSE

Well, I had woes with win 7, but I did find a work around myself.

At first no go with win 7 it just would not accept the usb drivers in modaco r8, wasnt too fussed about this (I flashed it first of all on my xp machine so was easy,unfortunately it literally blew up the next day lol)- BUT...

having had ADW lock me out of my vega I needed to restore it, I wondered how I was gonna do this as win7 didnt like the vega usb driver from modaco.

Well, I un installed the driver for the vega (the one windows 'decided' was right), and when asked pointed to the stock vega usb from advents website - win 7 was happy with this one.

Then when I'd restored my vega to its original state I simply went to the advent stock driver(one I just said above) again in device manager and told it to update to the modaco one , and guess what.... it worked =)

Dunno if anyone else had tried this before so thought it may be worth mentioning.

Edited by G0OSE