LINK: Broken's update.pkg

Mirrors:

PKG (fards's recovery_309)

update.zip (StreakMod recovery)

Recovery image

Rooting:

SuperUser installation instructions

345_15380_00 Full Backup [nandroid]

Rooted + System Apps: Explorer, StreakLED2.0.2, Maps 5.2.1 ownhere, QuickOfficeHD...

http://www.mediafire.com/?utbay2x8mt9hudq

http://www.mediafire.com/?kal85kz13b0ptg0

Edited by Li Ying

Guest freepal

any success rooting it? can't root it tried soc 1.5.4, 1.6 & 1.7, it is hiding itself from soc. pls share your success in rooting 345. Thanks in advance

Guest fards

rage against the cage doesnt work with 2.22 I dont think.

so superoneclick is unlikely to, although you could try running it while the streak is booting..

Edited by fards

Guest jmhalder
rage against the cage doesnt work with 2.22 I dont think.

so superoneclick is unlikely to, although you could try running it while the streak is booting..

I thought it did, I'm on broken's 2.2.2 dump, and rooted... I can't genuinely remember how I did it... pretty sure I DID use superoneclick with rageagainstthecage. The only other tool i've ever used was UniversalAndroot, and that was in the 2.1 days.

Guest catapilla
I thought it did, I'm on broken's 2.2.2 dump, and rooted... I can't genuinely remember how I did it... pretty sure I DID use superoneclick with rageagainstthecage. The only other tool i've ever used was UniversalAndroot, and that was in the 2.1 days.

The upload I posted was pre rooted.

Guest jmhalder
Any chance someone could explain how to get from 1.8.1 to this version in dummy-speak?

use the QDLTool to go to (305?) its included with QDL tool on streakdroid, then go to 322 (chinese build) using an update.pkg, then flash boot/system/recovery images from broken via fastboot, do a factory wipe, and you're all set, this has been explained in the other few 2.2.2 threads.

Guest thebushmans
use the QDLTool to go to (305?) its included with QDL tool on streakdroid, then go to 322 (chinese build) using an update.pkg, then flash boot/system/recovery images from broken via fastboot, do a factory wipe, and you're all set, this has been explained in the other few 2.2.2 threads.

Thank you. I've been reading the 2.2.2 threads, but alas, I still have no idea what to do. I upgraded from 1.6 (AT&T) back in October/Nov, and have used every version DJ Steve has generated since... I'd like to try the new 2.2.2, but I've never used QDLTool, and the pdf included with the file is VERY difficult to read. I'm running Win7, and the instructions look nothing like what I'm seeing... I think that if I could just figure out QDLTool, I'd be alright. I'll keep reading, but if anyone can help, I'd appreciate the heck out of it.

Guest XsCode

a) You don't need root to put a custom rom on your streak

B) Unless you have one of those weird red/white/non-standard streaks you are better off NOT using QDL... just used fastboot and Streakmod

Edited by XsCode

Guest catapilla

The upload I posted was pre rooted.

Guest marvin02

You don't need QDLTool.

If you go to the thread on XDA the recovery image is available. Flash the recovery using fastboot and then use the stock recovery to install the update.pkg.

SOC did not work for me using rage or psneuter. Tried every version from 1.53 to 1.70. Tried during boot, tired with no sd card and no sim. Tried using ADB manually and get "error closed".

Guest eowyn0821

You don't need QDLTool.

If you go to the thread on XDA the recovery image is available. Flash the recovery using fastboot and then use the stock recovery to install the update.pkg.

SOC did not work for me using rage or psneuter. Tried every version from 1.53 to 1.70. Tried during boot, tired with no sd card and no sim. Tried using ADB manually and get "error closed".

[/quote

Yep, it is hiding itself from SOC, there must be something in there triggering it to go invisible to the eyes of SOC, don't you think dell purposely leaked this version for.some kind of test or something?

Guest marvin02
Yep, it is hiding itself from SOC, there must be something in there triggering it to go invisible to the eyes of SOC, don't you think dell purposely leaked this version for.some kind of test or something?

I think that exploits that are used to root these phones get closed for security reasons. The recent bunch of apps that were removed from the market show that the same exploit that is used by the owner to get more control over their phone can be used in a negative way.

I don't begrudge the plugging of security holes, I just wish there that the linux type user control system was more fully used on these phones so that we could control what we do with the phone and maintain security.

Guest fards
I think that exploits that are used to root these phones get closed for security reasons. The recent bunch of apps that were removed from the market show that the same exploit that is used by the owner to get more control over their phone can be used in a negative way.

I don't begrudge the plugging of security holes, I just wish there that the linux type user control system was more fully used on these phones so that we could control what we do with the phone and maintain security.

Yup, the use of su is sloppy, and the superuser.apk has proven that there can be a degree of user control.

If that was implemented by google into the source then there wouldn't be a need to find and use exploits to get root access.

Has anyone tried pushing su and superuser through an update.zip to these builds?

The exploits only allow the system temporary access to push them after all.