• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

aiiro

aiiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:v1520, B7610
OK, I have bad news and good news... The bad news is that I didn't remember that I flashed another ROM to test last evening, so I couldn't check the fonts... The good news is that I flashed it back together with B7610NXEUIL4 and the 1st problem is gone :)

So I took a look in the ₩Windows folder and the only fonts present were SamsungGothic.ttf, SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and... surprise-surprise - wingding.ttf :) Copied cour.ttf and arial.ttf (and tahoma.ttf just in case) from my other device, soft reset and all the problems are gone now :) Thanks!

P.S. If You are planning an updated version of this ROM, I think You can remove the SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and wingding.ttf fonts (total 1MB) and include the other three.

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Devices:B7610, HTC Leo

OK, I have bad news and good news... The bad news is that I didn't remember that I flashed another ROM to test last evening, so I couldn't check the fonts... The good news is that I flashed it back together with B7610NXEUIL4 and the 1st problem is gone :)

So I took a look in the ₩Windows folder and the only fonts present were SamsungGothic.ttf, SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and... surprise-surprise - wingding.ttf :) Copied cour.ttf and arial.ttf (and tahoma.ttf just in case) from my other device, soft reset and all the problems are gone now :) Thanks!

P.S. If You are planning an updated version of this ROM, I think You can remove the SamsungGothicKorean.ttf and wingding.ttf fonts (total 1MB) and include the other three.

thx for your test effort. I will include the missing fonts with next new version. No patch release only for that, cause as you showed it can be done by the user itsself.

;-)

aiiro

aiiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:v1520, B7610

thx for your test effort. I will include the missing fonts with next new version. No patch release only for that, cause as you showed it can be done by the user itsself.

;-)

Well, I guess I was a bit hasty declaring that all is well... The font for Samsung settings is still a bit off, especially when surfing in camera menus (although it might just seem so bcos of the high contrast background when using the camera - i'm testing in the evening, it's dark). The other thing is the black theme, for example, when in start menu, the lock button is missing, although You can still lock the device when pressing at the lock button place. When surfing in start menu, a second start button appears instead of arrow back, which works as good as the original one. Haven't been able to test further, but I think I'll try the 28244 build now...

EDIT: Samsung Dialer has a scroll bar and in landscape mode the dialer is totally unusable.

Edited by aiiro, 16 April 2011 - 02:28 PM.

tata_lor

tata_lor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:samsung b7610, nokia e51
Hello,

Thanks for this build. One small question: how can I disable S2U in the ultra variant? I would like to have only the "classic" unlock (with the blue screen).

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Hello,

Thanks for this build. One small question: how can I disable S2U in the ultra variant? I would like to have only the "classic" unlock (with the blue screen).

there is a registry value for that. could not remember which, but is posted here in the forum

arutha0401

arutha0401

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
Hi Thunder,

I tried installing sense 2.5.2018 from ajeshm's thread. After install, sense doesn't launch. Tried reinstalling twice. Am I missing something. I'm using your WWE Ultra. THanks

arutha0401

arutha0401

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi Thunder,

I tried installing sense 2.5.2018 from ajeshm's thread. After install, sense doesn't launch. Tried reinstalling twice. Am I missing something. I'm using your WWE Ultra. THanks

Nevermind, I got it to work haha.. Thanks for this ROM again. Are you planning to release an update for WWE? Thanks a alot!

sandeep101

sandeep101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia pro b7610

screenshots light versions, last with skin from Freezy1982

hi thunder141, which csc is recommended?

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

hi thunder141, which csc is recommended?

depends on your language. i use jl1 csc

sandeep101

sandeep101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia pro b7610

thunder thanks for the great rom .can u please guide me to remove spacing at top?and also want to change menu to omnia ii menu.thank u

Edited by sandeep101, 25 June 2011 - 12:08 PM.

nads555

nads555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610
Awesome ROM... downloaded the ULTRA version n i get plenty of RAM (87MB Startup)..... thx a ton mate..... just one problem thou..... m unable to install office 2010 from both marketplace n standalone .cab file...... pls tell me a solution for this cause i work with excel sheets n i need office on my device..... looking forward to ur other release toooo.... cheerios

Thunder141

Thunder141

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Awesome ROM... downloaded the ULTRA version n i get plenty of RAM (87MB Startup)..... thx a ton mate..... just one problem thou..... m unable to install office 2010 from both marketplace n standalone .cab file...... pls tell me a solution for this cause i work with excel sheets n i need office on my device..... looking forward to ur other release toooo.... cheerios

i have installed version from some here in the forum and it works

Green Lantern

Green Lantern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:B7610
Hi all

If I want to change the usb access (storage card should be useable for data exchange, if the mobile is conncted to a pc) after installing this ROM, is there a way without installing the "samsung settings"?

m0o5

m0o5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
wm5toragePosted Image

Posted Image

Green Lantern

Green Lantern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi again,

so I'm using the ULTRA edition Version and everything works fine.

The only thing is a (little) problem with the font in a few windows (in most cases the headline).

The bold style seems not to be correct or it is not the best font type.

e.g. see attached pic

Is it possible to change this after installing this ROM?

(maybe that's the same what aiiro mentioned)

Attached Files

Edited by Green Lantern, 08 August 2011 - 07:22 PM.

barbaar

barbaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello Thunder,

tried all links I could find in the forum to office 2010 - installed all but still not working Pops up with "Fehler"
full rom is to heavy and has the samsung widget stuff which is in fact just the thing I don#t want. Also äöß aren't working in the hard key.

Only rom working good until now is daskalos full but

Using csc jc 2

any ideas?

I love the hardware, samsungs stuff is ok, but i hate the widgets and clicks and money :((

regards
barbaar

Green Lantern

Green Lantern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Found solutions for "blurred font" and ".net compact framework"

Font

"tahomabd.ttf" is missing - after adding this font in the windows folder everything is fine

.net compact framework

It is possible to install an older version: ".net compact framework 2"

arutha0401

arutha0401

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Is there Multi CSC for JL1? Thanks. Or is there a site for this?

titomax1982

titomax1982

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've some problems:
Generally speaking this Ultra rom is very fast and with a lot of memory free, no problems with wi-fi and gps (tomtom, route66, copilot, sygic, iGO), so it's very good because reading forum many users have wifi and gps problems, but:

1) Camera's photos quality is bad (compared to 6.5 official)... is there some better driver to install?

2) How to set physical keyboard backlight timeout (advanced config tool has no effect)?

Please help... solving these two problems would be the perfect rom for me

Edited by titomax1982, 23 August 2011 - 06:54 PM.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
please fix camera quality...
very good rom...thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users