Bricked LG optimus 2x

Guest Dr. Koch

Oh well, tried pushing over all the various drivers and modules, and it stopped mid-copy.

Wireless works now, but it said there's no more space on the partition, even though according to du, the size of the system folder is 281MB (which is consistent with the dump), but root explorer claims all 330MB has been used, and of course adb failed to complete because of it.

Any ideas?

Edit: Great it crashed/rebooted and is now stuck in a bootloop :D

Edited by thla

I'll be uploading a nvflash package soon to fix problems like this. :D

P

Thanks, guess i'll be back on my Nexus One until then. (In case you need testers, then i have nothing to lose anyway :()

I'm away pretty much until Wednesday, so it'll be mid next week i'm afraid, but I have a TON of cool stuff to upload... :D

P

Always something it wasn't hard to break, if there was anything to break into at all. :(

Guest ermacwins
I'm away pretty much until Wednesday, so it'll be mid next week i'm afraid, but I have a TON of cool stuff to upload... :D

P

Is a working clockwork recovery one of them?

Guest djmcnz

Although this thread has gone way off topic I can add something to it because I'm in a similar situation.

adb comes online as Android starts but in my case a reset is sent by the system before I can shell in and issue any commands (like stop). You can see where it does it here: http://pastebin.com/tm4nNfPi

Factory reset does nothing because it doesn't touch the system partition and that's what's borked in both cases here.

Software Upgrade mode, coupled with the LG Mobile update PC software results in a fatal error message and directs one to the support web site.

How are images (boot, recovery, system) flashed to an LG phone? If it's via adb then there's no point in us waiting for any custom kernels etc, we would have to wait for an official flash from LG or recycle the phone for a new one under warranty right?

Or might there be another way to flash a new image? If so, I can wait for a new recovery with adb and go back to my Nexus for a while. Depends on an ETA I suppose.

Although this thread has gone way off topic I can add something to it because I'm in a similar situation.

adb comes online as Android starts but in my case a reset is sent by the system before I can shell in and issue any commands (like stop). You can see where it does it here: http://pastebin.com/tm4nNfPi

Factory reset does nothing because it doesn't touch the system partition and that's what's borked in both cases here.

Software Upgrade mode, coupled with the LG Mobile update PC software results in a fatal error message and directs one to the support web site.

How are images (boot, recovery, system) flashed to an LG phone? If it's via adb then there's no point in us waiting for any custom kernels etc, we would have to wait for an official flash from LG or recycle the phone for a new one under warranty right?

Or might there be another way to flash a new image? If so, I can wait for a new recovery with adb and go back to my Nexus for a while. Depends on an ETA I suppose.

You should read the entire thread, if you read a few posts back you'll see Paul mentions releasing a nvflash package, so no adb won't be nessecary.

Guest djmcnz
You should read the entire thread, if you read a few posts back you'll see Paul mentions releasing a nvflash package, so no adb won't be nessecary.

Sorry, I thought he was referring to the other discussion, my mistake.

• 1 year later...

Difficult for me...I try made a factory reset on my LG Optimus 2x and it stopped with message on the screen...Encryption unsuccessful..and error message Note: Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped...I have try to reboot and much more also used CWM Recovery, but it always end up at this Point..What do you suggest???