Android 2.2 on omnia i900

Guest h5n1

Guest Zildjian

in the startup.txt

it's mmcblk0p5, and it's working fine but without SD card,

when i put mmcblk0p6 crashes on boot.

I guess because that i cant see sd card... it should be 0p6? :)

c/p from the site

If the internal memory with two partitions, Fat32 and ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk1p6

If the internal memory with a single partition ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk1p5

If the internal memory with a single partition ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk0p1

If the internal memory with two partitions, Fat32 and ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk0p2

(if ext section's second account)

If the flash drive with one partition ext3: mmcblk0p5

If the flash drive with two partitions, Fat32 and ext3: mmcblk0p6

Guest Panovictory

I downloaded the latest android 2.2 file and after i ran haret the os boots up normally but many errors (force exit) appear afterwards. Is the same thing happening to you guys as well? I can not launch almost anything because many services terminate instantly. What am I doing wrong? Did not touch any of the settings in startup.txt

Guest idomybest

How to install it? :o

I dont have a SD Card reader in my computer, Ghost cant recognize my i900 sdcard (inside it) and I cant install. I just extracted it all and copy/pasted to my SD Card and didnt work. :D

Any solutions? :mellow:

---------------------------------

#Got working

Edited by idomybest

Guest andrew.mazlim

Okay, I'll be a... pr*ck again and I'll say this:

GROW UP, LADS!!! FORGET ANDROID TO OMNIA i900!!!!!!...

It's like you're dreaming NITRO boosts power, on this:

55jag.jpg

C'mon!... Do you like Android (is fine, really)? GO BUY NEW PHONE!

Guest idomybest

Why give up on it?

Are you talkin about a 1955 Jaguar? Are you crazy?

Old styles are classic. Because they are old doesnt mean its crap!

The problem at Omnia is only it low memory and not multi-touch thing, but we can have fun on it playing games and using the android's system when it is 90% ported. Whats the problem with that?

The Russian Programmer is working alone, by himself, and this will delay a lot the project. There isnt a TEAM, but it might have one and it will be really awesome, right?

Let the guy works

Guest andrew.mazlim
Why give up on it?

Are you talkin about a 1955 Jaguar? Are you crazy?

Old styles are classic. Because they are old doesnt mean its crap!

The problem at Omnia is only it low memory and not multi-touch thing, but we can have fun on it playing games and using the android's system when it is 90% ported. Whats the problem with that?

The Russian Programmer is working alone, by himself, and this will delay a lot the project. There isnt a TEAM, but it might have one and it will be really awesome, right?

Let the guy works

I'm NOT SAYING "give up" about 1955 Jaguar!!! Read my WORDS CAREFULLY! I'm saying... if you have a 1955 Jaguar (let say, like Omnia i900) and you love it (why not?), DON'T DREAMING NITRO BOOST from... modern "High-core" super powerfull mashines!!!! As much as YOU CAN'T install a Nitro on that Jaguar, you can't use a powerfull OS... in 3+ years old phone!

Guest tushargkwd

It runs well on Omnia......But NO GSM, NO Power Mangement etc....

It should improve if the graphics issues are resolved...

And Yes, Android is not that difficult to run on Omnia......It has 624 MHz processor.

I have seen some Android phones with 600 MHz processors too !

If Samsung supports it, then porting Android would be easy......But why would they spend time on an Old phone???

:mellow:

Guest dragonmatahari
I'm NOT SAYING "give up" about 1955 Jaguar!!! Read my WORDS CAREFULLY! I'm saying... if you have a 1955 Jaguar (let say, like Omnia i900) and you love it (why not?), DON'T DREAMING NITRO BOOST from... modern "High-core" super powerfull mashines!!!! As much as YOU CAN'T install a Nitro on that Jaguar, you can't use a powerfull OS... in 3+ years old phone!

hey Andrew.. why dont u just stay out of this topic if you think it does not suite your preference. different people have different perspectives. there's plenty of positive ways to express thoughts on this (off course knowledgebase counts..). Besides, it still on developing stage. I900 hardware specs is NOT an issue to run an android.

Guest chocchief

i downloaded the Android2.2.310311v2 rar and ran the ghost32.exe like it said to do. i then unplugged my phone from the computer when i finished and went into file explorer but the "storage card" folder wasnt there. i reset my phone but it still didnt appear so i put it into my zte blade to see if it would recognise it and it said "no sd card". is my micro sd dead?

Guest arif set

i download android 2.2 ..it run okay in first time...bur after i reset my phone and run haret again..it always stuck at kernel level.. anyone can help please???

Guest thuongshoo
i downloaded the Android2.2.310311v2 rar and ran the ghost32.exe like it said to do. i then unplugged my phone from the computer when i finished and went into file explorer but the "storage card" folder wasnt there. i reset my phone but it still didnt appear so i put it into my zte blade to see if it would recognise it and it said "no sd card". is my micro sd dead?

i'm too but now I have this version to work.

- You download and unrar to internal storage of i900

http://www.easy-share.com/1914497940/Haret.rar

My i900 now has only internal storage and sd card. 16GB flash died :P

You can re-edit file startup.txt if it is necessary.

Edit sturtup.txt

If the internal memory with two partitions, Fat32 and ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk1p6

If the internal memory with a single partition ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk1p5

If the internal memory with a single partition ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk0p1

If the internal memory with two partitions, Fat32 and ext3 (USB flash drive is inserted): mmcblk0p2

(if ext section's second account)

If the flash drive with one partition ext3: mmcblk0p5

If the flash drive with two partitions, Fat32 and ext3: mmcblk0p6

- run haret.exe

Edited by thuongshoo

Guest adrianfoo2003

I've tried it for an hour or two.

I followed the instructions as mentioned in that website. However I encountered few problems:

1. It drains my battery deadly

2. It lags

3. Keyboard not accurate (or maybe due to my screen which is less sensitive)

4. It freeze sometimes

5. I can't terminate BROWSER and always stuck at black page. Can't return to home screen.

6. Unable to search for my telco network

7. Wi-Fi not working (not sure about bluetooth)

8. When I soft reset my Omnia, it will boot up Windows Mobile 6.5 (that's great thing) BUT when I turn off the back light (or leave my phone on standby), backlight will light up again automatically after few seconds no matter what.

Enough said.

I'm not really disappointed but somehow I felt impressed and curious that I was able to discover Android interface on my Omnia.

Guest MJBukeirrr
i download android 2.2 ..it run okay in first time...bur after i reset my phone and run haret again..it always stuck at kernel level.. anyone can help please???

It comes for me too. and i have tried all the setting and nothing. and there is some thing strange its very fast in the first boot.

it says the ext3 partition is corrupted!!

I'll be pleased if there is any one has the solution

edit: I made a swap disk and its still the same problem also I've formatted it and copy the files by myself and its the same :D

Edited by MJBukeirrr

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ocankla
Use linux... :)

hey will the russian project continue ? Patrik havent shared a new Rom since April.. Has andromnia project died?

i dont undestand, omnia lite has a android rom with gsm worked but omnia hasnt.

Guest jumper007
hey will the russian project continue ? Patrik havent shared a new Rom since April.. Has andromnia project died?

i dont undestand, omnia lite has a android rom with gsm worked but omnia hasnt.

1) yes russians will go on.

2) idk anything about Patrik.

3) yes, andromnia is like dead, as they seem to be stuck.

4) idk anything about android rom with gsm... sorry