- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lakshay

Lakshay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I am looking forward to root my acer liquid mt. I have temp rooted it quite a few times with the help of z4root. But, recently after a firmware update, z4root isn't working it simply force closes. I also tried to root my phone with superoneclick and even it was unsuccessful, the process got stuck at Waiting for device. Even after following instructions(its on a thread on xda forums) and switching debugging off and on..nothing seems to change. Help ASAP :D

atoxx

atoxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Liquid Metal

Hey guys, I am looking forward to root my acer liquid mt. I have temp rooted it quite a few times with the help of z4root. But, recently after a firmware update, z4root isn't working it simply force closes. I also tried to root my phone with superoneclick and even it was unsuccessful, the process got stuck at Waiting for device. Even after following instructions(its on a thread on xda forums) and switching debugging off and on..nothing seems to change. Help ASAP :D

what rom do you have????i rooted rom original 1.100.16 with superoneclick without any problem

realloc()

realloc()

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E

Same problem. FW: 1.100.24.EMEA.GEN1

angelanh

angelanh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid metal
FW: 1.100.24.EMEA.GEN1
rooted = superoneclick by one click.

I found that if your computer has other adb.exe run currently, it won't successful. EG: DroidExplorer keep its adb.exe run and don't let killed by app or user.

astuermer

astuermer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal S120
  • Twitter:@AndreasBloggt
Installing "Superuser" via Market before rooting helps for me...

--
Acer Liquid MT | Android 2.3.6 (Stock Build 4.000.13 + Root)
Samsung Galaxy Tab | CyanogenMod9 (HumberOSv4 + Root)
Viewsonic Viewpad 7 | Android 2.2.2 (Stock Build 4027.3.620 + Root)

More on Tablets and Tech @ AndreasBloggt

Raskell

Raskell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid HTC Desire Magic
I also had the 'waiting for device' hang up after updating to 1.100.16 and found that I was trying to use an older version of SuperOneClick (i.e.:1.5) and needed the newest version which is 1.7. After I downloaded that, it ran fine and instantly rooted my S120.

cyrusbyte

cyrusbyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Before i switched to vaches' rom i used superonclick on 1.100.16 and had to do it several times. I had a update of .net that was keeping it from working until i rebooted. Before it would work i had to pull the battery and i had to turn usb debuging on and off at different times than what the tutorial said before it would work.. so you may try playing with when you turn usb debugging on/off.
1. check that .net is updated and reboot pc
2. pull battery from phone before you start
3. switch usb debugging on/off trying different combinations (i think i had to start with mine on then off and back on, but i may be wrong)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users