Spare Battery and Desktop Charger for the ZTE Blade

Guest That-Guy

Guest b1k3rdude
Its from the same person who is selling the Silicone Cases, anyone tried one yet?Thinking of buying one as price seems fair.

The guy is local to me, so I will try and contact him directly so I can buy this (and a silicon skin and screen protector if he has them)

WTS (watch this space)

Guest That-Guy
The guy is local to me, so I will try and contact him directly so I can buy this (and a silicon skin and screen protector if he has them)

WTS (watch this space)

Excellent, look forward to your report :D

Guest MIBlackburn_d6

Bought one of these from a seller mentioned on this forum a couple of months ago.

It does what it says in the description, charges in the same amount of time as plugging the phone into the wall socket charger. I use it almost exclusively now to charge my batteries, wait until the battery needs charging then swap the two batteries, much easier than being tied next to a plug for a couple of hours.

I've only used it to plug into the original phone wall socket charger, not a USB socket in a PC yet, but I'll try charging via my PC tomorrow and report back.

Guest b1k3rdude
Excellent loving the feedback so far, may have to purchase :D

Am off up there in a few hours to buy the batt/cradle/case. Also the case comes with a screen protector etc.

Will have some pics for everyone to look at.

Guest MIBlackburn_d6

OK, tried recharging the 1300mAh battery I got with the charging cradle using a PC USB port.

It charged from flat to full in about 2 hours 45 minutes which I've found is a little longer than it takes using the wall socket but I normally don't let the battery go flat before recharging so that probably accounts for the slightly longer time.

Guest b1k3rdude
Am off up there in a few hours to buy the batt/cradle/case. Also the case comes with a screen protector etc.

OK, tried recharging the 1300mAh battery I got with the charging cradle using a PC USB port.It charged from flat to full in about 2 hours 45 minutes

Well got the charger, about the same as MI. the charger/cradle is nothing special (no point in taking pic, the images on the ebay page show enough. It comes with a 4" USB to miniUSB cable and the cradle for the battery. The jelly case is very good and is quite robust (I threw the phone across the kitchen after getting annoyed when trying to fit the screen protector (SP)). Now on the subject of the SP, the instructions were non existent so when on to youtube and found a vid for this make of SP. So I meticulously cleaned of all the dust (but that bloody dust just kept coming back....) but even after following the video method I wasn't able to get a satisfactory application. All I got was yet more bloody dust sticking the underside of the SP...

So charger/battery/case 10 out of 10, but screen protectors 'no points'. But the guy is sending me another SP for me to try again as it might have been a combination of me being a total cock and or a bad batch of SP's. So I have to ask has anyone got a magic method for applying/installing a SP to a phone..?

Edited by b1k3rdude

Guest b1k3rdude
Apply screen protector using credit card :D

Ok will try the sticky tape method, but my house may not want to co-operate - I maybe do it in the bathroom next (lower dust content..?)

On the USE of a CC, how did you apply the middle layer (the actual SP)? did you remove the top protective layer, then partially peel back part of the bottom layer location the actual SP on the suraface of the phone, then slowly applying the SP to the surface of the phone use the CC while pulling back the lower protective layer..? (I ask all that as that's how I saw in the youtube video after my failed attempts but I wanted to know if said technique worked in the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest john.smith

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sohogopher/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

It comes with a longer USB cable, take a few more days but also shipped by RoyalMail. Postage being cheaper if you're outside of UK.

Spare Battery and Desktop Charger for the ZTE Blade, just found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-San-Francisco...c#ht_524wt_1139

Its from the same person who is selling the Silicone Cases, anyone tried one yet?

Thinking of buying one as price seems fair.

Guest Timeblast
Spare Battery and Desktop Charger for the ZTE Blade, just found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-San-Francisco...c#ht_524wt_1139

Its from the same person who is selling the Silicone Cases, anyone tried one yet?

Thinking of buying one as price seems fair.

Hi,

I see this old thread is brought up again. The listing above is over, here is the new listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-San-Francisco...t-/270728053452

Same product, but a few quid cheaper than before. :D

regards,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Thar

Bumping this thread as I've recently purchased 2 batteries from Ebay from 2 different sellers. One was described as being from the ZTE factory and one was described as a replacement although it bore the ZTE logos.

The latter was cheaper but when I compared the two, the cheaper battery had protruding contacts unlike the original, the more expensive was very similar to the original battery and like the original had a production date on the reverse which the cheaper one didn't.

I was so pleased with the performance of the (slightly) more expensive battery that I bought another, along with a desktop charger, which comes in very handy and has a red/green LED to tell you when the battery has reached full charge.

The seller has already been mentioned in this thread and is currently selling battery charger sets on Ebay, postal charges are reasonable and despatch is fast http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-San-Francisco-ZTE-Blade-Battery-Charger-Set-/180659145461?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item2a101fcaf5 ://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-San-Fr...item2a101fcaf5

• 3 months later...

Apologies for dredging up a pretty old thread but I've managed to mangle the USB socket on my phone and need to know if anybody supplies external chargers in the UK.

I want to get hold of two of the USB type desktop chargers (not the wall plug ones!) plus one spare battery if possible, from the same supplier, in the UK.

Is anybody aware of any sellers that do these?

Thanks.

RiTSo

Guest t0mm13b

blimey just spotted another one, that also looks like a good deal, this one is £8.69, and comes with 2 batteries, it doesnt seem to offer usb charging, though it does comes with a uk wall socket adapter. anyone tried this one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a134206b6

$(KGrHqF,!i8E4rUVoye(BOVLC+U50!~~48_12.JPG

And err... what does those chinese symbols mean on the "slider" buttons below it? :huh:

(Sounds like fiddly and an easy way to b0rk up the battery if you get the slider in the wrong position and go "oops" and that's the 2nd battery goner, oh wait there's a spare battery - yessir)

Have no idea and would not chance it - would rather have a spare battery instead and just pop it in and charge it, take it out and use the other battery.... I would be wary of those kind of things hence I don't bother with ebay.... just saying...

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest john.smith

Literally it says "Premium business-class universal charger". These things are damn cheap and popular in China, I bought a few personally and fortunately they never exploded.... just that they went dead one by one a few weeks after occasional use.

BTW, these things are not allowed to sell in Hong Kong because of the stricter regulations, thanks to our British legacy.

And err... what does those chinese symbols mean on the "slider" buttons below it? :huh:

(Sounds like fiddly and an easy way to b0rk up the battery if you get the slider in the wrong position and go "oops" and that's the 2nd battery goner, oh wait there's a spare battery - yessir)

Have no idea and would not chance it - would rather have a spare battery instead and just pop it in and charge it, take it out and use the other battery.... I would be wary of those kind of things hence I don't bother with ebay.... just saying...

B)

Guest john.smith

I know I would be unfair for smearing our respected competitors, but from the price of it I can almost 100% certain that the batteries are not genuine.

The look of the photos is also a bit odd also, so buy at your own risk.

blimey just spotted another one, that also looks like a good deal, this one is £8.69, and comes with 2 batteries, it doesnt seem to offer usb charging, though it does comes with a uk wall socket adapter. anyone tried this one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a134206b6

$(KGrHqF,!i8E4rUVoye(BOVLC+U50!~~48_12.JPG