[ROM] Android 2.3 For Racer Ready

Guest rickywyatt

Guest Ang3l0912
Thanks Ricky and Ang3l0912. The ROM is looking nice. I installed the ROM from your first link and found that Android Market was mising. I have recently download Ricky 2.3 Google and going to give this a try. Hope this has the market and is the latest version.

Could you guys please try to upload the links (new/updated) into the first post of this topic? It really gets hard to find out which update link is the latest.

it is confusing i admit just stick with 2.3 google apps for now and the credit for the rom its self is rexchun

Guest gagan313

um despite all the brilliant things done by ricky, rex, and ang3lo, the screen is not that accurate.

i type b on keyboard and it presses w . is there a screen calibration or something to fix this problem???? i cant find any on this new 2.3 rom.

help please.

Guest Ang3l0912
um despite all the brilliant things done by ricky, rex, and ang3lo, the screen is not that accurate.

i type b on keyboard and it presses w . is there a screen calibration or something to fix this problem???? i cant find any on this new 2.3 rom.

help please.

2.3 doesnt come with a screen calibration tool there is knwo bugs on all 2.3 releases with calibration factor people please remeber rexchun has managed this using a blade kernel so there is bound to be odd bugs here and there

Guest equiliym
2.3 doesnt come with a screen calibration tool there is knwo bugs on all 2.3 releases with calibration factor people please remeber rexchun has managed this using a blade kernel so there is bound to be odd bugs here and there

also for screen calibration, one would have to manually edit some libs, .so files, i cant remember which ones but its a pain, i know since i asked ricky once and he told me.. yeah, screen bugs up once in a while, happened for me twice in a few days and imo i find it okay :D

Guest gagan313
also for screen calibration, one would have to manually edit some libs, .so files, i cant remember which ones but its a pain, i know since i asked ricky once and he told me.. yeah, screen bugs up once in a while, happened for me twice in a few days and imo i find it okay :D

ok but isnt there a app that allows you to do it??

my screen is messed up.

Guest The Cageybee

Props to all involved in producing a 2.3 ROM. There I was thinking we'd never get a working 2.2 ROM then, bang, 2.3.

Anyways. I gots me a little problem with mediafire. I hit up the link to d/l rom and mediafire was giving me about 3-4KBps. No probs I thought, just gonna take a while. It finished way before I was expecting and was a little suspicious, but thought what the hell.

Booted to recovery, wipe cache, boot partition, hit update and bang, 'bad file' or something. Seems I was right in my suspicions. Anyway, now mediafire won't let me d/l the file.

Any chance someone could u/l some where else or put up a torrent or something?

Cheers,

The Cageybee

Guest The Cageybee
Props to all involved in producing a 2.3 ROM. There I was thinking we'd never get a working 2.2 ROM then, bang, 2.3.

Anyways. I gots me a little problem with mediafire. I hit up the link to d/l rom and mediafire was giving me about 3-4KBps. No probs I thought, just gonna take a while. It finished way before I was expecting and was a little suspicious, but thought what the hell.

Booted to recovery, wipe cache, boot partition, hit update and bang, 'bad file' or something. Seems I was right in my suspicions. Anyway, now mediafire won't let me d/l the file.

Cheers,

The Cageybee

Update: Nevermind. Working again now. D'oh

Guest The Cageybee

Just found a screen recalibration apk. Seems to make things a little better even though not brilliant. Though, I found even on the stock 2.1 rom the keyboard was a bit dodgy in portrait anyway.

Rename to .apk and install

TouchRecalibrate.zip

The Cageybee

Guest gagan313

Cheers,

The Cageybee

if you want to get a better speed stop all other connected devices to ur internet and use either mozzila or google chrome.

Guest yetikid234
how do u install the touch calibration??? i try to install it on recovery mode and it says aborted??

Download it and change the .zip to .apk and move it to your phone, install it from a file manager as per usual.

Guest equiliym
Just found a screen recalibration apk. Seems to make things a little better even though not brilliant. Though, I found even on the stock 2.1 rom the keyboard was a bit dodgy in portrait anyway.

Rename to .apk and install

TouchRecalibrate.zip

The Cageybee

there are lots of recalibration tools on the market, i tried some of them, however, most of them fix your calibration for certain apps and games only, nothing can really fix your screen.. or at least that was my case

Guest The Cageybee

Could someone with the 2.1 SDK u/l the dev tools Development.apk from an emulator session. My dev environment got all screwed up and can only get the one from 1.6.

The reason being that I had a mess around with the pointer location tool from the dev tools on 2.3 and noticed that when tapping randomly on the screen the that it registers as though there was a swiping action. I switched back to 2.1 and put the dev tools from 1.6 on then repeated the tapping test. This time the taps were registered correctly, however I did notice something.

In 2.3 the pressure of how hard you're pressing is registered where as in 2.1, it was stuck at 1. So, what I'm thinking is that in 2.1 ZTE some how filter out all taps/presses that register as a pressure of less than one.

I think they did this due to the resistive screen on the racer and they way they work.

So, I just want to verify this behavior with the dev tools from 2.1 in case the pressure measuring wasn't implemented in the 1.6 version.

The Cageybee

Edited by The Cageybee

Guest gagan313

i honestly do not understand the touchscreen.

on the previous roms the touchscreen was fine. the keyboard was perfect. but on this new 2.3 rom it is messed up.eg:i press b on keyboard it presses w and b??

Guest Waqas Salahuddin

hi guys, i dnt knw if this is the best place to report a bug but any way.

I have read many notes about screen calibration problems and in fact was facing it myself in this 2.3 rom. but atleast one can enjoy the rom itself. the bug i have found made me crazy and i had to go back to original 2.1 rom.

the bug.

when you are in a call and you open dialer to select some options, it is not possible to select *, 0 or # as the other buttons like end call are overlapping these 3 button.

i dnt thk anyone else has reported dis but you guys can easily replicate d problem.

would b nice to have dis fixed in next releases.

Guest Khan Miro

I don't know if it is from me, but when I installed TouchReaclibrate app and then the screen became easier to touch, I don't know if I am self deluding, but it's closer to capacitive! There's only one problem - the back/menu/home buttons are harder to touch. Is this from the recalibration software, or should I do something else. Somebody else facing that problem?

Guest Khan Miro

Actually I found another problem. I can't talk/hear through headset during call. I see only four problems for now, but I don't think there are much more:

1. The well-known answer/end buttons

2. The Menu/Home/Back buttons are so hard to press at one time and on another - a piece of cake. I tried installing the good old calibration tool for racer, cause it supported calibrating these three keys, unlike the other calibration tools I've faced, but it just can't install. Help?! :S I don't know if this would solve the problem either

3. The headphones are useless during calls

4. While searching for a wi-fi connection, it displays the icon of "connected" to wi-fi when you haven't established connection yet. Yet I don't seem to find any problems with the wi-fi itself :D

5. Menu/Home/Back buttons don't wake the device at any state. Only the power button can be used. If we compare to the old racer official ROM, those keys have been awakening the phone when it was charging or an application was working. Yet that's just a question.

After all, this rom is great!!! Thank you for porting cyanogen mod for racer, keep up the good work B)

Guest Khan Miro

Another one, I had got my racer to service before and they changed the kernel, I guess, and it became almost perfect to touch. After reflashing to this one the screen is buggy again. Guess resistive touchscreens are at their downfall... anyway, I have the recovery of the rom the service installed for me, so, if you want, I can send it to you and if there is any way to port some code from it to this rom to make the screen accurate.

Miro :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest maxbig1

problem recovery after to have installed the rom cyanogenmod-nightly-zte-racer I telephone does not go more in recovery mode as I can make for restored the recovery mode?