koko5800

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:omnia
my installations is

1-installed beta2 on my storage on ext2 partition and my method was this
2-intalled ur last package and it works well but my storag is an emty folder on android !
and on gparted my partition numbers was sdb5-->fat32 and sdb6-->ext2
AND I CAN'T CHANGE THE NUBMER OF sdbx through gparted although i have deleted the two partitions many time and created it again and it didn't change to sdb1-->fat32 and sdb2-->ext2
and the CMDLINE was
Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 init=/init"

WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH MY STORAGE ?

Edited by koko5800, 26 March 2011 - 12:47 PM.

Kanwar Raj Singh

Kanwar Raj Singh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

my installations is

2-intalled ur last package and it works well but my storag is an emty folder on android !
AND I CAN'T CHANGE THE NUBMER OF sdbx through gparted although i have deleted the two partitions many time and created it again and it didn't change to sdb1-->fat32 and sdb2-->ext2
and the CMDLINE was

slmz doesnt work on mystorage things i guess..!!!

slmz

slmz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Devices:i8000l

my installations is

and the CMDLINE was

Your mount point in init.rc must be changed, try this: Open ubuntu in WMware Player plug phone (booted in WM) open terminal and type "sudo nautilus" you will get root privilegies, open disk (where android system is) and find init.rc open it "LIKE TEXT DOCUMENT" and search and edit this line:"mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage" and change that number 1 to 5 so it stay: "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage" choice SAVE in text editor and close all and unplug phone, run android and my storage will be sight by android.

Edited by slmz, 27 March 2011 - 12:08 AM.

koko5800

koko5800

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:omnia

Your mount point in init.rc must be changed, try this: Open ubuntu in WMware Player plug phone (booted in WM) open terminal and type "sudo nautilus" you will get root privilegies, open disk (where android system is) and find init.rc open it "LIKE TEXT DOCUMENT" and search and edit this line:"mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage" and change that number 1 to 5 so it stay: "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /storage" choice SAVE in text editor and close all and unplug phone, run android and my storage will be sight by android.

slmz....

you rock

thanks very much.

TheGoDxxxx

TheGoDxxxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I installed beta 2 and your package into "my storage" on ext2 and basicly everything works ok (after I changed the minimum core speed to 266 with setcpu) but wifi is very unstable. When I connect it works for a while (altough slow), but then application aren't able to use the connection no more even though I'm still connected to the access point. In the wifi-settings rescan isn't working and my connection is rated with a speed of online 1 mbit/s (should be 54 mbit/s). After I turn wifi off and on it works again for a while. It seems to be more stable when I use the connection active and is very unstable when the device sleeps (but it's not limited to that). I allready turned wifi-sleep of.

Second thing: My Storage in android (\storage) is emtpy, but works without a problem in wm (and did so in my previous android-install). Is there a way to get it back without reinstalling.

Edited by TheGoDxxxx, 01 April 2011 - 11:24 AM.

slmz

slmz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Devices:i8000l

I installed beta 2 and your package into "my storage" on ext2 and basicly everything works ok (after I changed the minimum core speed to 266 with setcpu) but wifi is very unstable. When I connect it works for a while (altough slow), but then application aren't able to use the connection no more even though I'm still connected to the access point. In the wifi-settings rescan isn't working and my connection is rated with a speed of online 1 mbit/s (should be 54 mbit/s). After I turn wifi off and on it works again for a while. It seems to be more stable when I use the connection active and is very unstable when the device sleeps (but it's not limited to that). I allready turned wifi-sleep of.

Second thing: My Storage in android (\storage) is emtpy, but works without a problem in wm (and did so in my previous android-install). Is there a way to get it back without reinstalling.

1. Wifi on mobile is always slower than PC, you got it faster in WM than android?

2. You need edit file init.rc on ubuntu or some phone editor on android, find the line "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage" and change 5 for 1. Save and reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users