Omnia 2 i8000 in Costa Rica wants WM 6.5

Guest cdzo72

Guest cdzo72

Ok guys, I know someone is gonna chew my head off but I would rather that than do something wrong and end up with a brick...

Ijust bought a used Samsung Omnia 2 i8000 today that is still running WM 6.1, so naturally I would like to update to 6.5.

Now normally I am pretty tech savvy, but these smartphones have been kickin my tail. I have a Dell Streak that I tried to install StreakDroid to and I ended up bricking it and sending it to a friend to get it revived, so I am great with computers, not so great with these devices.

So, I am living in Costa Rica and the following is my phone's info. I have watched several videos and I think I have the process of WHAT to do down, my problem is finding the parts that I need. I want to retain both Spanish and English functionality because I am in Costa Rica, although I will never use Spanish, if I get rid of it the phone has to have it there. Also, I am not too interested in losing the Samsung extras, I would like to retain all that stuff even if it takes up space, in other words I am not necessarily looking for a "Lite" ROM. I want to keep all functionality, just under a newer OS...

Here is all my info...

PDA: I8000LWIIK1

CSC: I8000LICEIK1

Phone: I8000LWIIJ1

Model is GT-I8000L of course

SSN: I8000LGSMH

FCCID: A3LGTI8000L

S/N: R2VSB21125K

I have seen a lot of ROMs here but they all seem to be for XXXJJ1 which is not the same as mine so I am not sure if that would result in catastrophe for me.

Once again sorry guys, like many others I'm a newb here and I just feel lost. I wanna get the most out of my device but I just don't have what it takes to figure it out on my own and I just feel more and more frustrated the more I read in the forums.

So I'm looking for some advice and hopefully links to get me the instruction I need and the parts I need to achieve what I like.

Thanks guys ahead of time for your input!!!

Guest Lancez

you can flash the official JJ1 ROM, it has all the european languages included (spanish and english too). but keep this in mind, since your phone is i8000L, you can not flash the phone part, only flash eboot, PDA and CSC. please note, if you want to change language after upgrade, the phone will hard reset, which means you will lose all your settings, programs, etc.

P.S. backup the internet and MMS/SMS settings before upgrade.

Guest deathbeforedarkside

Tons q mae! Yo tambien soy de CR, Alajuela. Tambien tengo un OMNIA II del ICE que le compre a un compa. Lo actualice a 6.5.3 con la ROM JI1. Te recomiendo esa, trae algunas cosillas mas que la JJ1. Nada mas NO actualices la PHONE PART, y conectate el cel directo a la compu sin usar HUB. Por aqui en el forum hay un video donde muestra paso por paso todo, hasta como instalar los drivers. Ponete a correr el video y vas haciendo lo mismo en tu compu paso por paso. Asi hice yo.

Saludos

Guest cdzo72

Mae muchas gracias... eso era lo que necesitaba saber. Como estos ROMs no tenian exactamente el mismo numero no me queria arriesgar a joder el bichito verdad... Y dime, como se siente el cell ya despues de que hiciste la actualizacion?

Guest cdzo72

Hey Lancez, when I replied to the other post I hadn't scrolled up to see your post to my question til just now, sorry about that. I was just about to ask that question about the languages.... I've was looking for the JJ1 ROM but haven't been able to narrow down the link to download it... can ya post it back here for me? Appreciate it dude!!

Guest skoda60
Hey Lancez, when I replied to the other post I hadn't scrolled up to see your post to my question til just now, sorry about that. I was just about to ask that question about the languages.... I've was looking for the JJ1 ROM but haven't been able to narrow down the link to download it... can ya post it back here for me? Appreciate it dude!!
You can downloaded from "lite ROMs by speedfrog" in this forum. link: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...s-by-speedfrog/

Guest cdzo72

Thanks for all the help guys!!!! I finally got my little animal updated to 6.5 and for the most part it's everything I could've asked for... I only have one glitch... it seems like the ROM or the CSC or I dunno what part of it, my weekdays seem to be in Dutch or German or something, of course you know what day it is because of the order on the calendar, but I have to ask if there is a fix for this... Mind you, everything else is in English, just the names of the days of the week don't match.... what do I have to do? I also like the flash because it got rid of the the Welcome screen that was on it when I bought it from the ICE here in Costa Rica, now it's just the Windows Mobile screen. So now that I have gotten this far, I would also like to ask, would I be able to revert the phone back to Spanish if need be in case I got rid of it??? Because if not, well then I'm gonna have to think about flashing a different ROM with some better eye candy if I have lost the Spanish functionality. This being the case and I were to flash to something else.... what could I flash it with in the future that does include Spanish if I were to sell it, not for myself, I only will use English. Once again thanks for all your help guys!!

Guest Speedfrog

change the regional settings.

you can flash a MST file (official ROMs) there everything is as you had it before you flashed, and you can choose whatever language you want.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kanon528

Hi guys, Im from CR too, can anyone explain me how to install WM6.5, i download the ROM JI1 but i dont know how to install that, some help please!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dinhductao
Hi guys, Im from CR too, can anyone explain me how to install WM6.5, i download the ROM JI1 but i dont know how to install that, some help please!

It's easy! Follow the guide on the thread, you can install it easy! You can try IJ1 Jacobn's ROM, It has some useful softs, fast and stable!

Guest christianz
It's easy! Follow the guide on the thread, you can install it easy! You can try IJ1 Jacobn's ROM, It has some useful softs, fast and stable!

hola compaƱeros igual tengo un omnia 2 del ice y quiero actualizarlo, ya descargue el archivo me pueden dar los pasos de la instalacion o enviarme un link de donde puedo ver como actualizar el wm.

gracias de antemano a todos