Rom suggestions

Guest Feras1

Guest Feras1

Guys i have i900v which i am using in pakistan i have loaded many roms now running dxia5 but changing phone part frequently as i am having signal problems at some places i tried JVHK1 which is latest update for pakistan but that has old interface for volume and also dsnt give good signals.Th dxia2 phone part which is included in DXIA5 also dont give me good signals the signals drop many times somtimes it happens like this phone goes on searching for signals for some minutes then it gets full signal bar for som minutes then again the signal bar keeps on decreasing and again start searching for signals and the low signals effect the quality of call which bothers me a lot.i recently tried PUJA1 phone part i thought it z latest so may help but drains battery much then after some googling n reading forums i flashed DXIF1 but it too giving me v poor signals.i am using now official 6.1 only so please suggest me a good combination of pda part and phone part for pakistan region which can solve my signals problems i want good signals and good quality of calls on samsung site there is no update for pakistan after jvhk1.should i keep on trying more phone parts like jjia1,zhie1 etc plz help me out and also plz make it clear is it ok if we use different pda and different phone part like flashing pda dxia5 and phone part xbic1 etc.As my phone is i900v so is it ok to flash any suitable rom on it in pakistan or should i use only roms made for vodefone i900v?Thanx

Guest Feras1

lately i have tried combination of dxia5 with phone part i900LJIIA1 which is giving me slightly better signal reception at weak signal areas

Guest blade87

You didn't mention the quality of the network. The problem may be in the mobile operator's network where you live, not the phone. But to tell you the truth, I live near an antenna owned by the operator that I'm using with the i900 and the signal is going up and down regularly regardless of the phone part, but I don't have any dropped calls. I don't think that the PDA part has much of an influence. Just change the phone part, not the whole ROM.

Guest Feras1

You didn't mention the quality of the network. The problem may be in the mobile operator's network where you live, not the phone. But to tell you the truth, I live near an antenna owned by the operator that I'm using with the i900 and the signal is going up and down regularly regardless of the phone part, but I don't have any dropped calls. I don't think that the PDA part has much of an influence. Just change the phone part, not the whole ROM.

[/quo

I use telenor Pakistan that has good service even i compair signals of my phone with small nokia phones having same network in weak signals places and nokia phone has 3 signal bars while i900 has only 1 signal bar.

Guest blade87

The Omnia does have a weak signal strength (even mine and like already said I live near an antenna). Just continue trying out phone parts that you haven't tested like the XBIC1 or DXIA5. PUJA1 really is a powerful phone part, but at the expense of battery charge.

Guest Feras1

I tried lately pda DXIA5 with phone XBIC1 so after 2 days usage i noticed battery life z v good in xbic1 but call quality is so so and signals are weak somtimes when only 1or 2 signals bar u cant understand what person on other side is telling u in call.still no conclusion for me but i feel that i get good signals with i900LJIIA1

Guest blade87

The quality of my calls really please me. The phone's ear piece when talking is loud. I haven't missed a call, because it rings loud... But I'll have to agree about the support. They take out a phone model and update it 2-3 months until they start selling another model. Then the new model gets the updates... and so on.

But I still love this phone. Windows Mobile is really customizable (unlike my previous Symbian phone).

Guest Feras1

yestrday i installed i900 DXID1 wwe i m happy phone is runing v smooth and fast it gives pda DXID1 as well Phone DXID1 i am not sure if it is official version or custom but i try to use official roms only.The phone part didnt satisfy me still low signals problem and low volume during calls

Guest blade87

Judging by the WWE, I think that it is an official ROM. If the phone part doesn't appeal to you, just change it again to another that is better.

Guest Feras1

yes blade87 thanx for sharing with me u r d only one so far who z interested in my post i changed today to phone PUIE1 but kept PDA DXID1 so far after a single call of 30 minutes noticed quality of call z better then dxid1 phone let me check for 2-3 days more call quality,battery life,signals strength then will post final result

• 2 months later...