Odd orientation twitch

Guest Dyonas

Guest Dyonas

OK I've had this happen to me for at least three days now and it's finally to the point where I'm posting to see if anyone else has experienced it. I use the Vega in landscape virtually all the time and because of that I lock it in that orientation. However, once or twice an hour the screen will briefly flip to portrait (power button would be on the left in that orientation) then back to landscape. It's very brief and as I said it flips back just as quickly but it's very annoying. It has happened while watching videos too which is more annoying as it takes longer than a browser to change orientation while playing.

I've tried recalibrating it, rebooting the tablet and everything short of reflashing the ROM. I'm really hoping to avoid reflashing to test it as I've finally got the screen calibrated to an almost perfect level thanks to the other calibration app on the MoDaCo forums. Has anyone else had this behaviour before? If so, have you found a fix?

Guest carl rose
OK I've had this happen to me for at least three days now and it's finally to the point where I'm posting to see if anyone else has experienced it. I use the Vega in landscape virtually all the time and because of that I lock it in that orientation. However, once or twice an hour the screen will briefly flip to portrait (power button would be on the left in that orientation) then back to landscape. It's very brief and as I said it flips back just as quickly but it's very annoying. It has happened while watching videos too which is more annoying as it takes longer than a browser to change orientation while playing.

I've tried recalibrating it, rebooting the tablet and everything short of reflashing the ROM. I'm really hoping to avoid reflashing to test it as I've finally got the screen calibrated to an almost perfect level thanks to the other calibration app on the MoDaCo forums. Has anyone else had this behaviour before? If so, have you found a fix?

Are you using mirren browser?

Guest trevor432990

Sounds a bit like an issue with the accelorometer and therefore you might like to try applying the fix that Newbe5 came up with a while back. It is located here :D

Guest Dyonas
Sounds a bit like an issue with the accelorometer and therefore you might like to try applying the fix that Newbe5 came up with a while back. It is located here :D

Oh I wish it was that simple.. I tried a reboot in case it was a weird "I've been on too long, restart me!" issue and...... it hung on the black screen before the splash screen. Reflashed stock, put ClockworkMod on and restored my backup. A little jittery so I restarted it only to get in the same situation so now I've got other things to look at as well.

Guest trevor432990
Oh I wish it was that simple.. I tried a reboot in case it was a weird "I've been on too long, restart me!" issue and...... it hung on the black screen before the splash screen. Reflashed stock, put ClockworkMod on and restored my backup. A little jittery so I restarted it only to get in the same situation so now I've got other things to look at as well.

Ooops :D