New member saying hello

Guest Dexyatboxy

Guest Dexyatboxy

Hello everyone. I am quite new to the android scene and have quickly realised I needed to be part of a forum to help me understand what it is all about,so here Iam.

I have just purchased an Advent Vega 2 days ago. I did have reservations because of the price and some mixed reviews on various websites so I was on here as a guest for 3 days prior to purchase. Doing so and reading just a fraction of the many posts here helped me make up my mind. I am very happy indeed with it although I do agree Google have restricted its usability with the lack of the app market for one. I am reading and re-reading posts on upgrading the ROM to rectify this. But before I do it might be worth waiting for Android 3.0 because surely if it is for tablet pc,s this should remove the restriction, shouldn't it? Also it is all shiny and new and I am scared I 'brick' it. (Learning already :D )

Anyways, I am looking forward to participating in an excellent well run forum. As I work offshore and go away tomorrow I will sign in again in 2 weeks time.

Oops, just spotted the My first post section. :D

Edited by Dexyatboxy

Guest Wenler

Yes, I agree with you. It's a good thing to have a tablet. With this device, we can have fun and talk to our friends as we wish. Yeah,a little pity seems there are not so many options for Android 3.0 except Xoom. hmm, will wait and see... I also got a tablet a couple weeks ago and it work so nice. Besides, also noticed other interesting models...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stevonator

Hey :)

Welcome to the forum. Advent Vega is a brilliant machine and if you're into learning about modding you'll feel right at home here.

In regards to bricking the Vega, it is as far as we know impossible. You would have to either delete absolutely everything off the Vega including the recovery software which is very hard to delete. :) Or smash it against a wall, which please don't do, you should treasure your vega :)

As far as I've seen and from what I've learnt the best way to do it is to read the instructions, even if you don't follow them and give it a shot. Make sure you do a nandroid backup of your system as it is right now, as in the state it's in when you first purchase it. You'll learn more about nandroid as you get to know about modding :huh: And ye have fun.

See you around :(

Stevonator