[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest Test Zeppelin

the good 'ole disclaimer :

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

And finally, huge thanks goes to everyone who has worked on the CyanogenMod project. Not limited to, of course: Tom G, HCDR Jacob, MoDaCo forum members and the CyanogenMod team.

I (Victor von Zeppelin) am in no way responsible for this ROM, I am merely an unofficial source gathering up the sometimes confusing bits and pieces.

You know who are excellent? The people bringing you this ROM. Why not donate a little. It can only help, right. Go on, they'll love you forever, promise.

How do you donate? You click this here link, that's how.

Edited by Test Zeppelin

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Current stable version: 7.1 gen2

Download

Mirror

md5: 580c9db7463a1d737f9890e4ea488ccf

Gapps (20110828)

md5: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f

-----------------------------

Current test version: 7.2 RC1 (or RC0 with older kernel+wifi module) - updating not recommended yet, but if you want to help testing it then go ahead.

Release date: 2012-03-14

More info: Here

Changelog: Here

Direct download link: Here

Torrent download link: Here

md5sum: 5ad7208cb1d0c5121db4b12e4c0e9755

Known issues for blade: Battery drain, dutch version of blade has camera problems, wifi+nosleep

Issue list: Here

------------------------------

Useful links & guides:

targetbsp's kang rom and much more!

Cyanogenmod Wiki

How to root blade and install a custom rom.

Clean up before flashing

Guest JayGB1982

Nice clean thread :D

Whats going on with the Nightly releases? Most other phones have had a couple of builds since the blade's last update..

Anyone in the loop know why?

I'm currently on N27 and not had any of the reboot issues which N28 users have reported..

Guest hugobosslives

thanks victor for the great work you've done on maintaining the last two threads. i'm liking the teenager in you thinking of a way for this post to update itself with out you doing the work.

its been a great source of info whilst we've all been playing around with these nightlies.

keep it coming.

and bring on the perfect rom cyanogenmod :D

Guest Autopiolet
thanks victor for the great work you've done on maintaining the last two threads. i'm liking the teenager in you thinking of a way for this post to update itself with out you doing the work.

its been a great source of info whilst we've all been playing around with these nightlies.

keep it coming.

and bring on the perfect rom cyanogenmod :D

+1

Issue, the music player app:

Have you checked to see if the same behaviour happens with MP3's, etc. I used to have a similar problem with a different device, however. It was an old Creative MP3 player, and it used to "forget" how to play MP3 files, and thus skip through the whole album as it couldn't open any of the files. Maybe similar thing here?

Whats going on with the Nightly releases? Most other phones have had a couple of builds since the blade's last update..

Anyone in the loop know why?

I'm currently on N27 and not had any of the reboot issues which N28 users have reported..

Perhaps it's failing to build. Buildbot used to show us the progress, but it's down at the moment. However, this "gralloc" that's been fixed may be the conflict, and now it's fixed, we'll see Nightlies. I'll see If I can find out.

Got it in one :D

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest hugobosslives
Issue, the music player app:

THE ISSUE ITSELF: The player Randomly skips through tracks very fast, playing each for a split second before starting the next.

My music collection is ENTIRELY FLAC FILES.

havn't has this at all mate.

and have listerned to quite alot of music of cm7. went to cardiff on the train and had 2 hours solid of music, including skipping froward a few tracks (when crap ones came on).

what nightly you on?

most recent nightlies (which i assume you're on) i have had are n19, n23, n26, and now trying n28

and maybe what music player you on?

Got it in one :D

same philosophy here mate. i'm a teenager too

though it does amaze me how you manage to update it pretty much every night. comitment to the cm7 cause. updating it before before heading out for the night

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Mushroom_Lord
havn't has this at all mate.

and have listerned to quite alot of music of cm7. went to cardiff on the train and had 2 hours solid of music, including skipping froward a few tracks (when crap ones came on).

what nightly you on?

most recent nightlies (which i assume you're on) i have had are n19, n23, n26, and now trying n28

and maybe what music player you on?

same philosophy here mate. i'm a teenager too

though it does amaze me how you manage to update it pretty much every night. comitment to the cm7 cause. updating it before before heading out for the night

Im on n25, and I suppose I should update to a later one as it is a bit dated :/ But looking at the changelog it doesnt look like its been fixed. And Im using the Stock cyanogen music app

Guest Xenon0816
Good job Zeppelin - Would be nice if you can put the ROM mirror link in

1st post (http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=blade) though. :D

Thanks for the new thread Victor...

OT: did anyone notice the nice discussion about the boobies in CM7? It's quite funny to read through the comments on the removal of the boobie-wallpaper :D

€: just saw that there even is a post in the CM blog about the booby-question :( here

Edited by Xenon0816

Guest hugobosslives
Im on n25, and I suppose I should update to a later one as it is a bit dated :/ But looking at the changelog it doesnt look like its been fixed. And Im using the Stock cyanogen music app

strange. maybe its your files then. try a standard mp3 or simular file

also reflash maybe....

you had this on all nightlies? i'm thinking something went slightly wrong when you flashed/restored apps on this one....

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Mushroom_Lord
strange. maybe its your files then. try a standard mp3 or simular file

also reflash maybe....

you had this on all nightlies? i'm thinking something went slightly wrong when you flashed/restored apps on this one....

Re flashing wont help, already tried :D Also, its been an issue with previous nightlies.

RESORT TO MP3!?!?! NO WAYYY those things sound horrible :D

Re flashing wont help, already tried :D Also, its been an issue with previous nightlies.

RESORT TO MP3!?!?! NO WAYYY those things sound horrible :(

Just to test. We're not saying resample all your music to 56k MP3 or anything :D

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Just to test. We're not saying resample all your music to 56k MP3 or anything :D

Well i do have an alternative MP3 library which I will use for you. the n28 download just finished, so I will flash it for you, and see if there is still the music player issue. If there is, I will try with Mp3's

Do you want me to remove FLAC files from my card or mix them with mp3's or what?

I think it probably is a FLAC encoding issue though

Guest Nick Rhodes
How about a list of known issues in post 2? Just the major bits and bobs.

Yes, with which version roms are affected in brackets, save people upgrading hoping for something fixed and finding things worse.

Cheers, Nick

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Yes, with which version roms are affected in brackets, save people upgrading hoping for something fixed and finding things worse.

Cheers, Nick

+1 Good plan. Did I mention I am still having the music player issue in nightly 28? Probably flacs, I'll try mp3's tomorrow...

Otherwise, Incase I haven't said.. I LOVE CYANOGEN. :D

OH and if you fill up that 2nd post your welcome to use my 1st post for something, as I guess it may just be listed in the second one.

OH and if you fill up that 2nd post your welcome to use my 1st post for something, as I guess it may just be listed in the second one.

Thank you, but alsooo, a plan I have is too..ermm, use the website to do so :D

And i'll give out the password to people who want to help, so they can edit the page when i'm not around

Guest skull_fcuk

Phew! I thought the last thread had died, and i wasn't going to get my usual stream of info on updates and issues. Good to see a new thread, and to see the evolution of it too. Victor, you're a credit to this forum indeed. Right, roll on the next Nightly :D