Photo

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

* * * * * 72 votes

• Please log in to reply
14806 replies to this topic

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

*update* just flashed the new n247*
the camera now works thanks sej ^^ Posted Image for the quick fix will try this new rom out
and will report if i find any more bugs

out of interest, do you have the weird "3-piece screen" in google goggles or barcode scanner or any camera app other than the default camera app like the rest of us do?

p.s. had to take the download down, 35gb in under 2 days, use the mirrors.

i noticed my battery life isn't so great - lost 4% over night.

Edited by sej7278, 07 November 2011 - 08:35 AM.

Simono

Simono

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
I use N246 and on night I lost 20% of battery (WiFi Off, 2G), I will try without notification Led.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3, ROM: CM10.2, 32GB Micro SD Card
ZTE Blade, ROM: CM10.1

juniperz

juniperz

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade CM7, NEXUS S CM9
  • Twitter:@N/A

Jealous - lost 14% since I unplugged at 6am! (N241, wifi off, 2G, GPS off, sync off, not used it).

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade

Mine lost nothing in a self compiled version made yesterday lunch. I included the new camera kernel and libs in it

Edited by targetbsp, 07 November 2011 - 10:43 AM.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

downloader50

downloader50

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

Mine lost nothing in a self compiled version made yesterday lunch. I included the new camera kernel and libs in it

If it lost nothing isn't that because the battery stats have not updated due to lack of use?

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

If it lost nothing isn't that because the battery stats have not updated due to lack of use?

I agree with you 100% as it then loses a few percent quite quickly in its first use of the day. But that wasn't my point. :D
It always loses nothing overnight. As does Sej's I believe. He was pointing out that his did lose a few percent last night unexpectedly, presumably thinking there's a battery drain issue. I was pointing it it's probably no cause for concern and probably a fluke as my rom built from the same source, with the same additions, behaved the same as it always has.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

aljorocks

aljorocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:zte-u v880

out of interest, do you have the weird "3-piece screen" in google goggles or barcode scanner or any camera app other than the default camera app like the rest of us do?

ill download google googles and barcode scanner to test them out. will post updates ASAP
btw evrything in this rom is ok except for one thing it seems to consume a bit more power compared to n241(my previous rom) even on low brightness

andy9876

andy9876

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

sej7278

I'm on n247+ and the barcode scanner has the weird "3-piece screen". The camera app and LG Camera app both work ok when taking pictures.

andy9876

hugobosslives

hugobosslives

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location:hampshire and birmingham (depending on whether at uni or not)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Zte Skate and Blade

I agree with you 100% as it then loses a few percent quite quickly in its first use of the day. But that wasn't my point. :D
It always loses nothing overnight. As does Sej's I believe. He was pointing out that his did lose a few percent last night unexpectedly, presumably thinking there's a battery drain issue. I was pointing it it's probably no cause for concern and probably a fluke as my rom built from the same source, with the same additions, behaved the same as it always has.

same here. it will pretty much always stay on exactly what it was on when i went to bed. then drop the first 5% rather quickly when using it over breakfast.

aljorocks

aljorocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:zte-u v880
btw as i check all the specs on the zte blade it says it has 512 mb ram but why does mine show only 164max
i found a fix but it is only available for gen1 blades is there a fix for gen2 ones? TIA
btw i got mine from china which is the zte v880 hope this additional info helps

Edited by aljorocks, 07 November 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

It just finished building there. Need to go out to work now, so will try it when I get home. Thanks again sej and target :).

Flashed it last night, and so far it seems to be working fine :). If I want to include patches that have not yet been merged, I assume I need to use one of the commands listed under download on Gerrit. Which of the 4 different commands should you use (checkout, pull, cherry-pick, patch) or does it not matter?

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Flashed it last night, and so far it seems to be working fine :). If I want to include patches that have not yet been merged, I assume I need to use one of the commands listed under download on Gerrit. Which of the 4 different commands should you use (checkout, pull, cherry-pick, patch) or does it not matter?

I use Pull. Seems to work. Downloads and applies the patch. Not entirely sure of the difference between the 4 choices to be honest!
This might be obvious, but it wasn't to me the first time: make sure you're in the appropriate directory for the project before running the command. So for http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8647 you would need to be in device\zte\blade as indicated by the project at the top left.

Whilst on the subject of not being 100% sure what I'm doing. What;s the procedure if you cock up?
I pulled this and it failed to merge: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,9811
because in the meantime it had been added to the above linked change. And I couldn't pull anything else until resolving the merge conflict. I basically just wanted to undo that pull
A google search suggested 'git reset --merge' and this seemed to solve my problem. Would that be the correct method? Or is there a more correct way. It also seemed to rescue me when I managed an aforementioned download of a patch into the wrong project directory.
This git stuff is way more complex than the windows source code control programs I'm used to!!

Edited by targetbsp, 07 November 2011 - 02:34 PM.

CM7 Blade changelog

Ben in Turin

Ben in Turin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@Benr83
Does anyone have wifi problems with the last stable release of cm7.1.0? My wifi doesn't seem to work full stop, I can't scan or connect. If I go into the options it freezes and says wlan options has stop responding.

mickeystar

mickeystar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Anyone help I'm gettin no 3g on orange in uk, I've already checked settings, I get good signal just not3g despite geting it in same places in my old rom, ginger stir fry 21

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Does anyone have wifi problems with the last stable release of cm7.1.0? My wifi doesn't seem to work full stop, I can't scan or connect. If I go into the options it freezes and says wlan options has stop responding.

If you restored your wifi settings using titanium it will screw it up.

CM7 Blade changelog

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Whilst on the subject of not being 100% sure what I'm doing. What;s the procedure if you cock up?

git reset --hard HEAD

then check with:
git status
in case there are any files left behind

i prefer to download the patch as a file, such as:
git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_CMParts refs/changes/78/7678/10 && git format-patch -1 --stdout FETCH_HEAD > /tmp/battery2.patch

then apply it with:
git apply /tmp/battery2.patch

if you use git pull you can get into all kinds of crap trying to undo things.

Edited by sej7278, 07 November 2011 - 08:26 PM.

Ben in Turin

Ben in Turin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@Benr83

I didn't restore any system settings, just user downloaded apps, I'll try flashing the latest stable cm through rom manager I guess.

Edited by Ben in Turin, 07 November 2011 - 08:58 PM.

downloader50

downloader50

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

No it won't done it loads of times

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

I use Pull. Seems to work. Downloads and applies the patch. Not entirely sure of the difference between the 4 choices to be honest!
This might be obvious, but it wasn't to me the first time: make sure you're in the appropriate directory for the project before running the command. So for http://review.cyanog...om/#change,8647 you would need to be in device\zte\blade as indicated by the project at the top left.

I pulled this and it failed to merge: http://review.cyanog...om/#change,9811
because in the meantime it had been added to the above linked change. And I couldn't pull anything else until resolving the merge conflict. I basically just wanted to undo that pull
A google search suggested 'git reset --merge' and this seemed to solve my problem. Would that be the correct method? Or is there a more correct way. It also seemed to rescue me when I managed an aforementioned download of a patch into the wrong project directory.
This git stuff is way more complex than the windows source code control programs I'm used to!!

Thanks! Don't worry about it being obvious, I saw the list of packages to install on the CM guide, and thought it was a command to run. Spent ages wondering why it didn't work until someone told me what it was...

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

FaTaL_ErrOr

FaTaL_ErrOr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey guys. Great support from the team and I m really happy with the latest update I made since I havent updated in a while now. I'm on n247+ and I ve tried several times to apply the google apps pack but while clockwork mod 5.0.2 says its installed when i install the zip, there is no where after booting in cm7. Before installing the rom I performed a new tpt with 160MB system, so there is about 25MB free right now, so I m guessing there is no space issue. Is there anything I m doing wrong? The file is the latest Posted Image gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users