Photo

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

* * * * * 72 votes

• Please log in to reply
14806 replies to this topic

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
awesome thanks everyone! have changed mine to smartassv2 already, will be impressed if i get even better battery life.
this is another reason i'm sticking to CM7 (or GB roms), battery life is so important. and it's done almost no weird stuff at all (since june stable build).

Edited by Smiff2, 11 November 2012 - 06:05 PM.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

You should be able to upgrade without wiping. With regards to the kernel it's difficult to say. It's more actually the change in wifi accompanying the kernel that's of interest. I find the newer (stock) one drains battery more and it doesn't much like my router. Others seem to think it's better on the battery. You kind of need to try both.

I've never tried interactive. But smartass was specifically designed to have better battery life than it. And smartassv2 better again.
http://wiki.rootzwik...ernors#Smartass

Could be that my phone is GEN3 and that is why it likes latest wifi so much.

Many people who have gen1 and 2's argue that earlier wifi drivers are better so there might be something to that.

As much as i've tried to analyze the bootloader and wifi drivers i've only found that they are about the same but not exactly the same and i got bored trying to figure it out so i settled with using standard layouts which work for all gens instead.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V
Oddly the ICS/JB ones seem good and I assume they are recent?

[edit]
Actually, the above statement only applies to connection stability. Not sure I've tested power as I tend to have wifi go off with the screen anyway.

Edited by targetbsp, 11 November 2012 - 06:27 PM.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Oddly the ICS/JB ones seem good and I assume they are recent?

[edit]
Actually, the above statement only applies to connection stability. Not sure I've tested power as I tend to have wifi go off with the screen anyway.

Good all around if you ask me and i use WIFI 24/7. (i actually use the galaxy mini as a router when i'm not on a local WIFI so it's ALWAYS WIFI for me. ;))

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

SmartassV2 IS better than Interactive, period. When it comes to kernels, targetbsp like me use the standard config and the only thing different between sejs and targets kernels are the version of wifi which some people prefer to use older versions of.

Personally i just use standard config of latest, it's given me great battery life with all CM7's i've tried.

interesting.. for me and my usage, SmartAssV2 is so far giving better responsiveness but quicker battery discharge, vs Interactive. didn't change any other settings, but maybe it does depend on how you use your phone..

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix
can anyone provide me the latest nightly build mirror..... 18/11/2012 build..... download is not available here in INDIA...... thanks in advance and many thanks after i see a mirror for me.and alll.....

Be Smart, Not Hard.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
You don;t really need the latest. Nothing at all has changed in 2 weeks. And nothing important in far longer than that. :)

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

judas1977

judas1977

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

You don;t really need the latest. Nothing at all has changed in 2 weeks. And nothing important in far longer than that. :)

That's not truth. Unicode option in SMS app from previous build could save a lot of money in some countries if you send many text messages. Auto changing to Unicode makes that single text message has 160 signs, not ca. 70.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
I assume that was the patch 2 weeks ago? My point is if you don't have a mirror for last nights nightly - you don't need it. You can use an earlier one.

CM7 Blade changelog

judas1977

judas1977

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Afaik it was week ago in 11.11.12 build

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
Are we talking about this? http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/19381/
Or something else?

CM7 Blade changelog

judas1977

judas1977

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Yes,as you can see, it was added on November 5th, but our previous build was from November 4th, so in fact it was added in zte build from 11.11...

alfredaejae

alfredaejae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Hi my youtube app keeps force closing any fixes on this issue?
the only additional thing i've flashed is the bravia engine hack for the zte .
Feed back is much appreciated

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
im thinking about moving back to cm7 for better battery life and im currently on konsta cm9, so do i need to repartition? current tpt is: 138mb /system, 301mb /data, 2mb /cache.
im going with minimal gapps.

nvm, i think im good to go, managed to reduce latest nightly to 76,8MB and gapps to 5,68MB.

Edited by leripe, 21 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
when i last updated CM7 (june ish) i noticed battery line display mod had been integrated. now i do another phone to nightly 11-11, and no battery bar line. am i going mad or was it removed?

Edited by Smiff2, 21 November 2012 - 10:30 PM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

when i last updated CM7 (june ish) i noticed battery line display mod had been integrated. now i do another phone to nightly 11-11, and no battery bar line. am i going mad or was it removed?

I vaguely recall it being some patch that was never approved. Before it was rejected it was included in some KANGS but not for a long time now I don't think?

CM7 Blade changelog

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

I vaguely recall it being some patch that was never approved. Before it was rejected it was included in some KANGS but not for a long time now I don't think?

History says it's not included but i have a memory of seeing that crap too on a GII..

It could be that i'm a tad insane... then again, i'm extremely handsome and that helps with product placements so... blame Eritrea.

Cata_Simi

Cata_Simi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

im thinking about moving back to cm7 for better battery life and im currently on konsta cm9, so do i need to repartition? current tpt is: 138mb /system, 301mb /data, 2mb /cache.
im going with minimal gapps.

nvm, i think im good to go, managed to reduce latest nightly to 76,8MB and gapps to 5,68MB.

I used cm7 for months (since december last year) and now with youtube-hq I jumped on cm9 and cm10 (cm9 more stable and much faster, cm10-big potential,google now and smoother than cm9 in some parts but way slower overall)

And I tell you there's no way back to cm7.

I want to tpt (or how is it called) i saw an option in cwm to partition sd-card,I am a newb at this cause i didn't need it (220 mb system,160 data, ~37 cache), Please tell me which app or where to look, point me in the right direction!

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
What do you mean about no way back to CM7? If you mean you can;t get back then you can - I do it all the time.
If you mean CM10 is so good you wouldn't want to come back then almost yes. It is unfortunately useless for games. If I wasn't a gamer then I'd be definitely using it.

Repartitioning the SD card is for creating Ext partitions. You can use a card reader and windows partitioning program for this. Just make sure you set it as a primary partition.
This isn't related to your TPT sizes. To set those up use: https://play.google....horas.tpthelper

CM7 Blade changelog

Cata_Simi

Cata_Simi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
I am on ics(Konstat 31.10) - better than cm10 and aokp10 (didn't test burstlam aokp cm9 but i read there problems) - tested angry B seasons, chicken invaders 4, amazing alex, and seemed ok, nothing hardcore graphic yet (that are the games i play and fruit slicers, can knockdown, rune raiders)

And can i make the phone memory bigger with tpt (how is that working) please be more explicit, i think this can help others too, thanx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users