Photo

[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

* * * * * 72 votes

• Please log in to reply
14806 replies to this topic

fahad.sagittarius

fahad.sagittarius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets & Gizmos
  • Devices:LAVA iris 501 & DELL XCD35
Hey can you please tell that what is the differance between the official CM ROM and the unofficial ROM at http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

Are they both same?

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade
Faster Adreno (GPU) drivers in my one. You can flash those to the official nightly yourself and then they are the same.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
There were quite a lot of changes merged yesterday. Dunno whether there was a nightly last night or when the next one is. Going to compile a new build at some point today anyway.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

fema

fema

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Do you guys have any idea what may have caused that my 2 months old CM7 install got so slow that the phone literally froze for like 20 seconds every time I started a call and only after this was I able to hear / speak (while the other person tried to speak = call connected fine)?
I didn't have too many apps, I froze the ones Targetbsp recommends and didn't use many that run in the background (thinking of heavy memory usage here).

I reinstalled because I wanted to try JB, but the performance was bad in games so I returned to GB. If it gets slow again, I don't know what I could do.. :/

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
CM7 January 26th
http://www.mediafire...y0pyriq2et75ine
4cf19a351a7fd6c49f15117dbf853197

Gapps with latest google play store:
http://blade.windows...828l-signed.zip
33C56D37032DF870B1742F60C5DC0C26

CM7 Blade changelog

Roeloff

Roeloff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

CM7 January 26th
http://www.mediafire...y0pyriq2et75ine
4cf19a351a7fd6c49f15117dbf853197

Gapps with latest google play store:
http://blade.windows...828l-signed.zip
33C56D37032DF870B1742F60C5DC0C26

Great stuff targetbsp. I'll give it a go.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
Just put CM10.1 on a friends SGS1. Games work on it. So jealous now. I really hope we get the texture memory issues fixed on our ICS/JB's one day.

CM7 Blade changelog

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35 (ZTE Blade)

Just put CM10.1 on a friends SGS1. Games work on it. So jealous now. I really hope we get the texture memory issues fixed on our ICS/JB's one day.

You mean the white blocks...
Yeah..I wonder what causes that issue...it's really annoying...
Going back and closing some apps solves it sometimes

Dell XCD35 a.k.a ZTE Blade a.k.a Orange San Fransisco

Powered by

CM10.1 KonstaKANG, Soundmagic PL11 earphones, Samsung class 6 16GB

Apps installed

TV Shows / Movies .....I have watched....

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
I wonder if its a fault in the ARMv6 adreno drivers. In which case i suspect we're stuffed! Prince of Persia Classic gets it really bad and is the first game I try whenever I test a new ICS/JB build.

CM7 Blade changelog

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
It doesn't appear to be a fault in the (userspace) Adreno drivers. Many games are pigs and allocate memory for huge amounts of textures, often more than 100 MB, I kid you not. With the current version of the kernel (KGSL) drivers we have, that memory is allocated in vmalloc space, which is limited. This commit from CAF possibly fixes that, but good luck patching that into the outdated drivers in the 2.6.35 kernel. ;)

Edit: by the way, a sort-of workaround is increasing the size vmalloc space. Try adding "vmalloc=256m" to the kernel commandline. Unfortunately that will reduce the size of usable RAM because there's not enough address space...

Edited by daemond, 27 January 2013 - 07:46 PM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
I'm afraid I don't even know how to add something to my kernel command line. :(

But thanks for the info anyway. Gives me hope that maybe it's possible to fix/workaround one day!

CM7 Blade changelog

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Just add it to BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE in BoardConfig.mk and build the kernel image.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
Thank you! I'm not currently setup to compile anything other than CM7 from a VM in Windows. But I'm very keen on giving this a try so I'll have a play during the week. Probably Tuesday.

CM7 Blade changelog

Sulthekk

Sulthekk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Just add it to BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE in BoardConfig.mk and build the kernel image.

Just a note:
If one doesn't want to recompile the whole kernel, just extract the boot.img, and repack it with the new parameter added to it.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
CM7 still uses prebuilt kernel binaries, it's not going to build much at all. ;)

Sulthekk

Sulthekk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Oh... I learnt something new again, thanks!

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
Sorry I've kind of put this in the wrong thread haven't I? I didn't actually think anyone would have any info on the subject so I'm pleasantly surprised!

Currently installing a new VM with enough disk space, OS upgrade and such like and I'll stick any questions about compiling 10.1 into a 10.1 thread I guess. :D

CM7 Blade changelog

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts

Solved this problem. My friend bought an N4 today - so I have an SGS now. :D

CM7 Blade changelog

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer

Solved this problem. My friend bought an N4 today - so I have an SGS now. :D

Gratz :D
So you gonna stick with cm10.1 on that or try pa or asop or aokp?

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,998 posts
In the long term, I'm sure I'll be trying everything on it. :D But for now it runs CM10.1 like a dream.

The thing is there are so many different revisions of the stock firmware on this phone that rooting it was a pain compared to the Blade. Despite looking into it a few times in the past we sort of hadn't dared do it until this last week. The guy lives in America so he's not here (in the UK) with his phone very often for starters.
It was hard finding a kernel for the firmware revision and the danger was compounded by the fact that it was one of the ones with the known issue where recovery didn't work from the factory: http://boink.pbworks...amsung Galaxy S

Anyway after getting more rooting/custom rom experience with a Dell Streak and an official firmware update eventually fixing recovery - I dared do it.

And after an attempt to root it was finally successful after nearly two years in the making, it's kind of too much of a relief to tamper with it further just now. :D
Especially as it worked out so well. On stock it suffered so badly from the known lag issues with them. It was less responsive than the Blade in general! Now it runs great.

Edited by targetbsp, 28 January 2013 - 08:53 PM.

CM7 Blade changelog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users