[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest rockstarszzzz

Its only got a 1250ma battery give the phone a break

turn off wifi - 3g - bluetooth ets when your not using it

My Toshiba TG01, with 4 inch display and 3G, wifi ON all the time and same sync schedules, on 1000ma battery gave me 24 hours. TG01 had 1Ghz snapdragon and LCD.

Don't see a point in giving this phone 'a break' - it's a smart phone (low end perhaps) but has to behave like one in ordinary situation.

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest downloader50

can somebody do the following:

wipe. no gapps, no apps, just the rom and fully calibrate it, charge then use it so the battery is below 80ish (as battery value is out above 80 odd)

then either:

wack into airplane mode for as long as possible (this may be better if you have two phones). Measure battery drop over the whole time. Dont keep checking amount, just look at the end.

Mine will manage 10 days easy like this. When i went on holiday last i left my phone at home (not in airplane. eg normal mode) and it was on 30% after a week....

If you put into airplane mode and never turn the screen on you have a glorified clock not a phone what is the point

Guest JolyonS
If the battery was shite for everyone. this thread would be nuked with people complaining surely?

Alternatively if battery life was brilliant there would not be posts asking devs to do something about it.

When GSF came out it attracted huge praise for the excellent battery life it provided with several people contradicting the assertion of creator of the ROM that it was no better than CM.

I suspect the majority of Blade users tolerate the battery life and charge every day but it would be good to see a poll at least.

Guest JolyonS
If you put into airplane mode and never turn the screen on you have a glorified clock not a phone what is the point

Because we want to find out what is causing the difference in battery life - this rules out some aspects of the software.

wipe. no gapps, no apps, just the rom and fully calibrate it, charge then use it so the battery is below 80ish (as battery value is out above 80 odd)

then either:

wack into airplane mode for as long as possible (this may be better if you have two phones). Measure battery drop over the whole time. Dont keep checking amount, just look at the end.

Mine will manage 10 days easy like this. When i went on holiday last i left my phone at home (not in airplane. eg normal mode) and it was on 30% after a week....

I think it's better to leave the radio on if we want to get some answers as the "Cell standby" seems to be the drainer here.. I'm just wondering if there's a setting that would make a diference if the draining actually happens with a clean install without gapps. Ofc, if the draining happens in airplane mode too, that's another story then..

Edited by sm4tik

Guest ColdEmbrace

I noticed my battery draining I had a rouge app stopping my phone from sleeping.

Check spare parts for partial wake. Hotmail stopped my phone from sleeping. (it didn't have accounts connected or an internet connection) but it was still killing my battery

Edited by ColdEmbrace

couple of things

sej's CM220+

1) batttery life (which was already ok for me) seems much better since changing CPU governor from Interactive (default in this ROM) to OnDemand (default for most ROMs)

2) Q: any significant improvements since 220+ before i flash another phone with it? :)

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Kamikaze.

This is really odd. The new nightly really made it worse. I just put my frequency to 619 and 122, ondemand, I switched off data sync for test, and I can still see the battery running down, percent by percent. I've been browsing this thread with Tapatalk for 15min I guess, and my battery already decreased 20 percent. This is crazy! Hope they'll fix it! I can't even play solitaire at work anymore I guess! Edit. Il'l see how it does without a theme enabled. Also, I found out, that Button Savior clone, Virtual Button Bar had used 8% of the battery. Lets see what happens if I disable it...

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest dirlan2001

then either:

Hi,

Since last saturday I've lost 28% of battery, at home that is. Means : stable GSM signal, WiFi on 15 minutes a day to sync, 3-4 calls, no GPS, no BT .... During the week, it drains as fast as I drive :) GPS on and unstable GSM signal (while on the move) and , most important : another phone sitting nxt to it which makes GSM reception even worse. Even though I always have the phone with screen turned off, unless using the GPS.

Battery-drain is mostly due to the phone pinging the connection, when there's an unstable signal or a phone nearby, it needs more power to stay connected. When using WiFi or GPS better keep the phone on the car-charger.

All in all, I don't see any problem with the battery when using the phone for what it's meant for. If ppl are doing lots of things and games etc . (not to mention the OC-disease).... guess it's absolutely normal that they should recharge overnight. I bought the SF knowing it was a cheap low-end phone, so every minute it runs is OK to me. If one pays peanuts, one should accept peanut-time...

Just my 2c

:D

Edited by dirlan2001

Guest targetbsp

I think it's better to leave the radio on if we want to get some answers as the "Cell standby" seems to be the drainer here.. I'm just wondering if there's a setting that would make a diference if the draining actually happens with a clean install without gapps. Ofc, if the draining happens in airplane mode too, that's another story then..

My standby time is several days if I airplane overnight only. This is not on a clean install. I've got 86 user apps and haven't wiped since gen 2 came out. I do however have 43 frozen CM apps and gapps I don't use. And have others set to not auto load using Autostarts.

I usually charge every 3 or 3 days.

Over the weekend I had access to no computer and managed 48 hours 2g, data on (no 3g signal) and my screen on time was well over 3 and a half hours* - mostly using a web browser over wifi before I returned home and charged it with 17% battery left. Those that think data on is the issue, the apps you're using has to make a difference. All I have is an email app. If you're a teenager (and hence under the delusion that things put on facebook are somehow time critical when 99% of it is a waste of time reading it ever ;) ) then you've probably got all sorts of apps chucking data back and forward?

*I regrettably forgot to check the exact screen on time after my last few browsing sessions - but it was 3 and a half hours the last time I checked.

Guest JolyonS
 I do however have 43 frozen CM apps and gapps I don't use.  And have others set to not auto load using Autostarts.

If you could produce a list of these that would be really appreciated.

I usually charge every 3 or 3 days.

Well which is it?! ;)

Those that think data on is the issue, the apps you're using has to make a difference. 

As will the strength of signal, I guess. I may have to get busy with Tasker and be more selective about where and when 3G is enabled.

Guest ThrashMan

This is really odd. The new nightly really made it worse. I just put my frequency to 619 and 122, ondemand, I switched off data sync for test, and I can still see the battery running down, percent by percent. I've been browsing this thread with Tapatalk for 15min I guess, and my battery already decreased 20 percent. This is crazy! Hope they'll fix it! I can't even play solitaire at work anymore I guess! Edit. Il'l see how it does without a theme enabled. Also, I found out, that Button Savior clone, Virtual Button Bar had used 8% of the battery. Lets see what happens if I disable it...

Blah blah blah........ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

So many people posting babble and crap about nothing......sorry to pick on you Kamikaze but you're another post filling the thread with more tiresome whining bilge.

N241 came out yesterday lunchtime. You have hardly given it any form of bedding in and allowed the OS to familiarise it's self with the battery capacity drain speed.

There were so many updates in N241 that it should be treated as a new ROM and then cycle the battery properly.

This thread is not a competition to see who can find a problem the fastest. Especially when the "problem" is unfounded and based on zero effort or testing.

Guest sej7278

couple of things

sej's CM220+

1) batttery life (which was already ok for me) seems much better since changing CPU governor from Interactive (default in this ROM) to OnDemand (default for most ROMs)

2) Q: any significant improvements since 220+ before i flash another phone with it? :)

yes i found interactive to be pretty bad as far as battery life goes, ondemand is still the best - better than smartass2 even i think.

try my 24oct build (mirrored somewhere in this thread) its got all the bling of n220+ and some newer updates. note that you will probably have to reconfigure a lot of the power applet settings though (brightness etc.) and miui battery bar.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

lol! I've been drinking :D 3 or 4. :D

OK, here goes my list of frozen apps which I either don't use or have alternatives of:

Android Live Wallpaper

Books

Calculator

Calendar

Calendar Storage

Car Home

Clock

CM Stats

both tmobile themes

CM Update Notifications

CM Wallpapers

Dev Tools

Downloads

DSP Manager

Email

File manager

FM radio

FOTA Kill

Google Calendar Sync

Google One Time Init

Google Partner Setup

Home Screen Tips

HTML Viewer

Latin Input Method Tutorial

Live Wallpaper Picker

Magic Smoke Wallpaper

Market Apps Installer

Market Updater

Music

Music Visualization Wallpaper

My Uploads

New & Weather

Search

Search Apps Provider

Setup Wizard

SIM Toolkit

Sound Recorder

Talk

Theme Chooser

Themes Provider

Voice Dialler

VPN Services

I use GAPPS package from June (I like the old market) and only other GAPP I add is Maps. Which I have removed all startup events for using Autostarts so it only runs when I tell it to.

I also stop the following from loading on startup. These are apps I use but don't have the need to have loaded all the time:

Rom Manager

Gallery (note this app doesn't work well if its events are disabled! I just use it only very rarely)

Bluetooth Share

My startup process on a clean boot are:

Swype

com.google.process.gapps

dialler

android system

tasker

android.process.acore

adw ex

widgestoid

settings

market

titanium backup

gallery (huh. I guess breaking it by disabling its events is kinda pointless if it finds a way to load anyway. :D )

cerberus

android.process.media

samba filesharing

adaway

superuser

messaging status bar

I typically run 2g with data off and manually switch to 3g and data on when I'm away from wifi and need data.

My tasker profiles that affect power are to airplane it at a set time over night and turn the wifi on and off with the screen.

On Demand CPU Governor overclocked to 729Mhz

Edited by targetbsp

Guest downloader50

Because we want to find out what is causing the difference in battery life - this rules out some aspects of the software.

That rules out all aspect of the software coz the phone is not doing anything

Edited by downloader50

Guest oxyg3n89

of course blade is low end phone. why should i expect miracles for 80£ ? good things cost money in this world.:P :)

My Toshiba TG01, with 4 inch display and 3G, wifi ON all the time and same sync schedules, on 1000ma battery gave me 24 hours. TG01 had 1Ghz snapdragon and LCD.

Don't see a point in giving this phone 'a break' - it's a smart phone (low end perhaps) but has to behave like one in ordinary situation.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Edited by oxyg3n89

Guest rockstarszzzz

of course blade is low end phone. why should i expect miracles for 80£ ? good things cost money in this world. :)

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

It's a low end 'smart phone' agreed!

Guest Isidorosis

If you disabled lock screen why would you expect it to be there for you? It's only a feature useful to get around the server encryption!

Are you confusing it with 'disable PIN lock' ?

I don't say about the pin to unlock the device, but the pin of your simcard (on-off flight mode)

Guest hugobosslives

people seem to have this general assumption that cm7 is crap on battery. which is wrong.

it is how you use the rom that makes it good or bad on battery. I'm saying it will perform pretty much exactly as any other rom when you don't have apps getting upto mischievous behavior (such as using data) and lots of cm7 annimations and features running the whole time.

Guest downloader50

people seem to have this general assumption that cm7 is crap on battery. which is wrong.

it is how you use the rom that makes it good or bad on battery. I'm saying it will perform pretty much exactly as any other rom when you don't have apps getting upto mischievous behavior (such as using data) and lots of cm7 annimations and features running the whole time.

Agree totally

Guest rockstarszzzz

Agree totally

But the point is if I have exactly the same setup, same usage, same apps, same settings, same launcher, same brightness, same wifi policy - and I still get half the performance, why?

The most common reason being "you have a nasty app that keeps on" - but then won't this app stay on in other ROMs I try? Why do I not get battery drain with that ROM, but as soon as it's CM7, that misbehaving app is back?

Is CM7 unable to manage apps and make them dormant whereas others can do it? etc. are the questions I cant find answers to.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I don't say about the pin to unlock the device, but the pin of your simcard (on-off flight mode)

Isn't SIM lock embedded into your SIM card instead of phone settings? Probably tablet tweaks is not right option to disable SIM-PIN.

Edited by rockstarszzzz