Photo

NVFlash Setup Instructions + Drivers (links active!)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, TF201

When i start it, it works, but when I want to type something it jumps to another screen, then when I type again it does it again.
It does this for approximately 6 or 7 times (I don't remember correctly), and then just force closes.

(By The Way this happens when I run the NVFlash.exe program)

I suspect you need to drop to the command line and execute the command from there... are you doing this? Or have no idea what I'm on about? (Which is okay too... I'll help you through)

gsmbac

gsmbac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:lg p990

Fixed... :)

thanks

Dyramometer

Dyramometer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

I suspect you need to drop to the command line and execute the command from there... are you doing this? Or have no idea what I'm on about? (Which is okay too... I'll help you through)

No sorry I'm not really following you.
What exactly do you mean by dropping the command line, and then executing the line?

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

No sorry I'm not really following you.
What exactly do you mean by dropping the command line, and then executing the line?

nvflash is a command line (DOS) utility that you run from a prompt like C:\>

If you just run it in Windows it will flash open a black window, scroll some text and close... is that what you're experiencing?

Dyramometer

Dyramometer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

nvflash is a command line (DOS) utility that you run from a prompt like C:\>

If you just run it in Windows it will flash open a black window, scroll some text and close... is that what you're experiencing?

No it's when I start the NVFlash utility i get that command prompt.
But it wont allow me to type anything.
It only allows [Return] for continue or [q] for quit, and when you try anything else it just takes it as a continue command, and does what [return] does, which is continueing the lines.
Also when I do press [Return] the command prompt just generates a lot of information and options for my to choose, but I cant type anything, so I cant do anything with it.

I hope this helps you help me ;).

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

No it's when I start the NVFlash utility i get that command prompt.
But it wont allow me to type anything.
It only allows [Return] for continue or [q] for quit, and when you try anything else it just takes it as a continue command, and does what [return] does, which is continueing the lines.
Also when I do press [Return] the command prompt just generates a lot of information and options for my to choose, but I cant type anything, so I cant do anything with it.

I hope this helps you help me ;).

When you type nvflash and run it do you get a screen like the one attached? You should...

Attached File  nvf.png   39.69KB   41 downloads

Edited by djmcnz, 06 January 2012 - 02:15 PM.

anguscc

anguscc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone tried this on HTC One-X? Paul O...have you tried on your new baby?

rts91

rts91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:optimus 2x
I get to the part where it says

Navigate the the directory you extracted the NVFlash archive to

and then the black box just flashes on my screen and goes away.

​I am trying to flash back to stock because i am stuck in bootloop. ( possibly because i installed the wrong CWM. )
i just dont know what to do please help.

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I get to the part where it says

Navigate the the directory you extracted the NVFlash archive to

and then the black box just flashes on my screen and goes away.

​I am trying to flash back to stock because i am stuck in bootloop. ( possibly because i installed the wrong CWM. )
i just dont know what to do please help.

Try using the comment prompt to run nvflash rather than Explorer. Hold shift, right click on the folder, click 'Open command window here' then in the black box that opens try typing your commands.

Jimmy01

Jimmy01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:P990 O2X
The flashing always stops with the following message: Bootloader download failed
What may be the problem? Have you got any suggestion?
Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

The flashing always stops with the following message: Bootloader download failed
What may be the problem? Have you got any suggestion?
Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

I don't sorry - try downloading the bootloader again and make sure the md5 matches.

Are there any messages before 'Bootloader download failed'?

Jimmy01

Jimmy01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:P990 O2X
I always receive this message. I tried V10B, ICS V28G, recovery...

Attached Files

Edited by Jimmy01, 17 November 2012 - 11:43 PM.

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I always receive this message. I tried V10B, ICS V28G, recovery...

Hmm, not sure about that sorry - except to check 100% you're using the correct bootloader and it's not corrupt (md5). A Google search of "nverror 0x0" might throw up some interesting links.

grIeIy

grIeIy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
HI gays!

My phone is LG optimus 2x su 660

If i send any commands nvflash say:

d:\LG\nVflash>nvflash --sync
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
Command send failed (usb write failed)

What's the problem?

rnarco

rnarco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Newbie here trying to flash my LG G2x however I am not even getting Windows to recognize my device. Strangest thing, I've plugged into 3 different computers and nothing comes up that tries to identify it or install any sort of drivers? I've removed the battery and I hold down the volume up/down and plug into USB but again nothing appears. Go to device manager and no APX drivers are listed. I've run the flash_recovery_xp.bat and it just says no USB devices were found? Anyone else have this issue, not sure what I am missing here but pretty hard to do anything if Windows does not even recognize your device. thanks.

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Newbie here trying to flash my LG G2x however I am not even getting Windows to recognize my device. Strangest thing, I've plugged into 3 different computers and nothing comes up that tries to identify it or install any sort of drivers? I've removed the battery and I hold down the volume up/down and plug into USB but again nothing appears. Go to device manager and no APX drivers are listed. I've run the flash_recovery_xp.bat and it just says no USB devices were found? Anyone else have this issue, not sure what I am missing here but pretty hard to do anything if Windows does not even recognize your device. thanks.

It could be driver confusion in Windows but it may also be a problem USB port.

The first step will be to manually remove all of the associated drivers from Windows and try again - it's a painful but probably necessary process. Google "manually remove drivers from Windows".

balamasti

balamasti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I was following the instructions in this thread but after system.img and all other imgs copied my screen totally gone blank and nothing happens after that.

http://www.modaco.co...66062-15032011/

Please let me know if I need to provide any other information for solving my issue.

Any help for me to get back my phone normal would highly appreciated.

Thanks
Bala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users