Here is an UNOFFICIAL (hence custom colouring) ClockworkMod image for the LG Optimus 2X.
Some points to note - READ THESE CAREFULLY!
- This uses the external SD as 'sdcard'.
- If you manage to break your device completely, this ROM should get you back up and running.
I have packaged the recovery itself and the installation system together in one download zip.
- 22.214.171.124 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 30855ab501eaf94cff71ccfecf6bd5e9
NEW - recommended: If your device is rooted, my 99p 2X Recovery Boot app (mentioned below) can now flash the recovery image for you the first time you run the app and on subsequent version updates!
Installation on Windows, Linux and OSX
- Download the zip file above and extract to a directory
- Connect your device and ensure 'USB debugging' is enabled
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-clockworkmod-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-clockworkmod-mac.sh' followed by './install-clockworkmod-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-clockworkmod-linux.sh' followed by './install-clockworkmod-linux.sh'
If you wish, you can also manually install the recovery by pushing the clockworkmod.img file to /data/local/ with adb and running 'dd if=/data/local/clockworkmod.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7' from a root shell.
To boot ClockworkMod Recovery, either:
- Turn the device on while holding the volume down and power buttons until recovery loads
- Download the OPTIONAL 99p 'LG 2X Recovery Boot' application from the Android Market (NOTE: This app is completely optional - if you do use it, thanks for your support - there is a discussion topic for the app here)
I'll be posting the device profile and source changes on my GitHub shortly, and will issue fixes / new Betas as required.