LG 2X Recovery Boot app discussion

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gensplejs
Thanks that fixed the problem for me with not getting it to boot into recovery and not getting a prompt for su access

Not fixed here... The app does nothing :-)

But im happy to pay anyway... just for the recovery :-).

Guest swefse

It doesn't work for me either, but with other root apps I get SU request.

Can I fix that someway, like unroot/reroot, or doesn't that make any difference?

EDIT: Worked, I just had to reboot.

I'm so very sorry for wasting your time with noob questions!

EDIT #2: It rebooted into Android system recovery (I think it's the one that came with the device), and it says "Formatting MISC:..." at the bottom. I can't confirm anything, just scroll between the options. What have I done, and what should I do to get it to work?

EDIT #3: Here's what I see:

"Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

"(some rows)"

Formatting MISC:..."

EDIT #4: After a force reboot (taking battery out and putting it in), the phone works again! And it didn't factory reset but looked just like it did when I ran the app.

Oh happy day :D

Edited by swefse

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JeremyLG2X
It doesn't work for me either, but with other root apps I get SU request.

Can I fix that someway, like unroot/reroot, or doesn't that make any difference?

EDIT: Worked, I just had to reboot.

I'm so very sorry for wasting your time with noob questions!

EDIT #2: It rebooted into Android system recovery (I think it's the one that came with the device), and it says "Formatting MISC:..." at the bottom. I can't confirm anything, just scroll between the options. What have I done, and what should I do to get it to work?

EDIT #3: Here's what I see:

"Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

"(some rows)"

Formatting MISC:..."

EDIT #4: After a force reboot (taking battery out and putting it in), the phone works again! And it didn't factory reset but looked just like it did when I ran the app.

Oh happy day :D

Hi,

Just bought and installed the app too on my rooted LG2x and seem to have the same problem here...after starting the app, the installing logo appears on screen for ages. When pressing the home button it suddenly seems to pop into CWM. However, you can't select any option and you can only reboot by pulling out the battery. Any ideas?

Hi,

Just bought and installed the app too on my rooted LG2x and seem to have the same problem here...after starting the app, the installing logo appears on screen for ages. When pressing the home button it suddenly seems to pop into CWM. However, you can't select any option and you can only reboot by pulling out the battery. Any ideas?

Sounds like you booted to stock recovery!

Have you installed clockworkmod yet?

Guest Stryke69

Hey Paul, does the 2x work in a different way in entering the recovery mode by an app than other devices?

On the ZTE Blade I used the app "Quick Boot" and could enter recovery and bootloader mode with it very easy. When I now want to enter recovery mode on the 2x with this app the only thing that happens is a normal reboot.

So I'm just curious if there's a difference

Guest djmcnz

Okay,

I hesitated to report this but now I'm convinced and other users have the same issue:

When we soft boot using this app /sdcard/_ExternalSD/ is NOT mounted as /sdcard/, indeed it's not mounted at all and can't be mounted or accessed via adb - :D

With a hard boot (keys) /sdcard/ is mounted as expected. If the card is removed and reinserted whilst in recovery it can then be mounted.

I can reproduce this reliably.

What can I provide to help diagnose?

It's never mounted automatically on recovery boot, only when you try to read it from recovery, or do 'adb shell mount /sdcard'. That's normal.

P

Guest djmcnz
It's never mounted automatically on recovery boot, only when you try to read it from recovery, or do 'adb shell mount /sdcard'. That's normal.

P

I should have been clearer.

/sdcard/ can not and will not mount if I reboot with your app. I have to power off from recovery then start recovery with the key combo.

Error is:

E:Can't mount /sdcard

or

Error mounting /sdcard!

Depending on what I ask recovery to do.

Can not mount through recovery console or adb in recovery after a soft boot.

Any time I do a hard boot I do not get this. I don't need to touch the sdcard to make it accessible, I just need to hard boot and it mounts as expected.

I'm not the only one... any thoughts?

Guest djmcnz
How is your card partitioned?

I don't have this issue... :/

P

May have an empty ext partition first... I'll check and report back.

Guest Aviatorboy
Something is going on on xda... the dev wants to get help from other devs. Perhaps paul coul share some of his attempts???

Hi Paul,

Concerning the r25 Desire ROM for the Nexus One you have sitting there, one user came with an excellent idea, how about putting it together with the guys at XDA?

Your talent joint with the talent of other xda developers, could bring back to life a device such as the recently dead HTC's Nexus One

Having said this, hope you find time between the Optimus 2X and the release of the Galaxy S2

Regards,

Guest djmcnz

Here you go:

Model: SD SU16G (sd/mmc)

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk1: 15.9GB

Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B

Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End	 Size	Type	 File system  Flags

1	  32.3kB  13.9GB  13.9GB  primary  fat32		lba

2	  13.9GB  15.9GB  2047MB  primary  ext3