11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Well guys i really need some help :(. Trying to install a new baseband to my lg o2x. Its runnig on the latest CM7 nightlies version. It's the first time I'mn trying this but it won't work. Trying for days now...Almost tried evereything en read evereything on this forum and xda about baseband but no solution yet.

The tool doesn't atomatically detect com ports or something when I follow the steps in the guide. Tried to install drivers also

I think its because of my device is not beeing detected correctly by my pc. Because I see its trying to install some software for my device when i use a usb cable to connect it and at the and it says software not installed or not correctly installed.

Please someone help me out..

ty,

Aricci

Guest Stenull

BB is saved in the backup....

Baseband is not saved in nandroid backup.

That said you can do a backup, flash Baseband, restore and you have your phone like it was before flash, with new baseband.

I have been trying to use SmartFlash since yesterday, spend over 3 hours on it, and there seems to be no way past this 'Timeout error is occured' issue. I have tried multiple PCs, multiple USB ports, multiple cables, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (both with Admin), multiple re-installs of LG drivers, multiple restarts. I have even tried compatibility modes. :angry:

Is there just no definitive solution to this problem except "Keep trying"?? Someone please point me to the right direction.

Note that I currently have 'Baseband: Unknown' on my device, so I cannot make/ recieve any phone calls. If anyone can even help me resolve this first, that would be great!

Thanks

Guest kuronow

Any one knows if the basebands for Europe will work properly on America? if is not can someone tell how to extract my baseband so i can try with the europe baseband? and try the full Gr4 with the proper baseband...

Regards

Guest withoutwings

I'm not impressed with this v20L 0725 baseband (on GR5) compared with the 823 that I had previously... signal strength is much worse in my house (2G) and the calls I've made so far seem to have terrible call quality.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I'm not impressed with this v20L 0725 baseband (on GR5) compared with the 823 that I had previously... signal strength is much worse in my house (2G) and the calls I've made so far seem to have terrible call quality.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I do.I mean to say, I did :)

I tried CM7 204 + Kang + 20111105. Signal strength seems to be very very bad - even comparing to the *stock* LG Rom..!

Flashed 823 kernel right now, and voila..! seems to get signal even in places where it was *forbidden* to me.

Eagerly waiting for Paul to fix CM nighties kitchen for ad free users so that I can have goodies from both the worlds... fingers crossed..!B)

Guest crisorlando

Hi

I bricked my phone

So used

to fix it, then reflashed with smartflash v20l, and now phone lost touch...

The screen appears, gets phone signal, but no touch at all :/

And touch was working fone before the brick

tks

I've flashed BB (622) LGP990AT-00-V20a-EUR-XX-JUL-01-2011+0_CP on my Gr5 rom, and now I'm in bootloop, so I went in recovery mode to flash the rom again but when I try to mount the USB storage it says "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)"

help!

I've flashed BB (622) LGP990AT-00-V20a-EUR-XX-JUL-01-2011+0_CP on my Gr5 rom, and now I'm in bootloop, so I went in recovery mode to flash the rom again but when I try to mount the USB storage it says "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)"

help!

Ok I've managed to transfer the rom files with adb .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sol-invictus

The RIL is flashable through GetRIL from Android Market, but is there a possibility to flash the baseband of the LG P990 / P999 with either clockworkmod recovery or without a Windows-PC? or is there a way to flash it from Linux (Ubuntu, ...)?

Guest Brock Sampson

The RIL is flashable through GetRIL from Android Market, but is there a possibility to flash the baseband of the LG P990 / P999 with either clockworkmod recovery or without a Windows-PC? or is there a way to flash it from Linux (Ubuntu, ...)?

Yes, use VirtualBox. I have flashed multiple times from OS X and Linux hosts with no problems whatsoever (and it doesn't even wipe the internal SD). Sometimes the host OS will grab the USB device; just unload the ko/kext and it should connect to the Windows guest OS. I pull both the battery and the external SD card before flashing. After a successful flash the phone goes into a fast reboot loop, showing the LG logo over and over. I just unplug the USB cable, pop the SD card and battery back in, boot into recovery and restore the latest backup; I have yet to encounter so much as a hiccup...

Guest Senri Shiki

Help please, I have been flashing BB since june(?) and for some reason today I got an error even connecting to PC->phone. In device manager there's a yellow exclamation and the explanation is:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I've been using the same PC, and I've reinstalled(rebooted each time) the WHQL drivers(from this thread) 3x already and same error.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Cooled Spirit

• Baseband 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 7ffea57f5ebc1072c21abb79bb58870e

For some reason, I can't download this link. Not high speed, not normal speed (I'm a plus member). It also says: fill in the captcha, but I don't see any ... I tried with Google Chrome and IE9, also compatibility mode. It never leaves the screen where I can select between server 1 and server 2.

Any hint on how I can remedy this ?

Many thanks !

Cooled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest psychodelic

Not Found

The requested URL /files/LGP990AT-00-V20l-EUR-XX-OCT-20-2011_0_CP.fls was not found on this server.

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Servage.net Clustered Webhosting running enhanced Apache Webserver

:(

Edited by psychodelic