11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Schmew

00:00.0 Sec  :Download Start...

00:02.6 Sec  :RomBinary Download start

00:02.6 Sec  :PSI RAM writing start

00:02.6 Sec  :Trying to communicate with IFX modem

00:07.8 Sec  :Confirm IFX communication

00:07.8 Sec  :PSI RAM writing end

00:07.8 Sec  :Start PSI RAM 

00:07.8 Sec  :EBL writing start

00:27.3 Sec  :Start EBL

00:27.3 Sec  :Set capabilities to be used

00:27.5 Sec  :Baudrate Change: 115200bps ===> 3000000bps

00:27.6 Sec  :Set flash ID complete

00:28.1 Sec  :Set Infineon CFI Information 1

00:28.2 Sec  :Set Infineon CFI Information 2

00:28.2 Sec  :PSI Download start

00:28.5 Sec  :Set FLASH address

00:29.8 Sec  :PSI Download success

00:29.8 Sec  :SLB Download start

00:30.1 Sec  :Set FLASH address

00:33.7 Sec  :SLB Download success

00:33.7 Sec  :Aeneas Download start

00:34.5 Sec  :Erase was executed rightly!

00:34.8 Sec  :Set FLASH address

00:41.0 Sec  :Aeneas Download success

00:41.0 Sec  :Code Download start

00:41.6 Sec  :Erase was executed rightly!

00:41.9 Sec  :Set FLASH address

02:54.9 Sec  :Code Download success

02:54.9 Sec  :RomBinary Download success

02:56.9 Sec  :Download complete

Just flashed mine, Win7 x64 and its working perfectly

Guest dave_a

Flashed this and FR12 last night and after taking the phone off charge around 8am and making about 20 min of calls and not much else, i am down to 52% battery which if anything is worse than the previous baseband. GPS lock is definitely quicker though and gets a lock in the middle of the office i work whereas Nexus One I had would be lucky to find 1 satellite

Guest amunamu

Have you found your in-call sound quality to be any better after updating the latest baseband? I think mine is a bit better, but I have to keep the sound level at minimum and still it sounds like it's way too loud and distorting.

Is it possible to tweak the sound level somehow? Because of this, the phone is unusable and it is extremely frustrating because you simply cannot hear what the person on the other end of the line is talking about.

Edited by amunamu

Guest stonehz

Just Flashed mine in Windows 7 64bit.

Method used:

1. Install LG Drivers (ADB-usb,etc) .. The usual drivers that you install before you upload clockworkmod.

1a. Kept a Nandroid Backup.

2. Run SmartFlashTool_P990 as Admin (Right Click -> Run as Administrator)

3. Follow Instructions of 1st post and dada!!!

No problem at all.

Full Size Pic

2011-04-15%2019.35.40.png

Edited by stonehz

I get random reboots as well, usually using charging at night. I am going back to the Stock Dutch image, root it, apply the dexopt fix and see if it improves battery life.

Guest -Madness

Don't know why by flashing the new baseband my phone got infinite message errors by the application, i re-flashed it many times and now it have not problem... bah :)

EDIT: sorry, it was me haha! :) everything good :)

Edited by -Madness

Guest planeth

I'm running MCR FR 12 on my LG O2X (custom, baked in kitchen)

I'm not sure if I should flash this.... Is it included in FR12? If not, should I flash it and what will the benefits be?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I hope someone can clear it up for me :)

Guest amunamu
Does this improve the sound/call quality? as it's pants at the min can't under stand what people say

I flashed it, and mine is still totally useless. In-call volume at its minimum and still too loud and unclear. I have already gave up on this for now...

Guest LordGabriel

00:02.0 Sec  :RomBinary Download start

00:02.0 Sec  :PSI RAM writing start

00:02.0 Sec  :Trying to communicate with IFX modem

00:07.2 Sec  :Confirm IFX communication

00:07.2 Sec  :PSI RAM writing end

00:07.2 Sec  :Start PSI RAM 

00:07.2 Sec  :EBL writing start

00:27.2 Sec  :Timeout error is occured

00:27.2 Sec  :error!

That's what i get when trying to flash my O2X.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate x64 and running the flash program as admin.

Guest MeX_DK

Restart the program completely. As in exit and start it again. If that doesn't work then reboot :)

Guest Marco_CH

Looking for the february baseband. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Could only find the march and april baseband. Id like to downgrade. Having too much battery drain with april baseband and FR12.

Also, where is a good FR10 rom? Can only find the latest versions.

Thx

Guest dr_ysp

I am also on win 7 x64, I got similar error, I ran program in winxp sp3 compatibility mode and as a administrator, and everything went fine, try it!!

Guest tempest6696

Hope someone can help me here. I have followed the previous threads with no luck at all. Each time I get the time out message and then error. I had previously flashed FR12 and this

baseband then tried the Eternity kernel, which kept going in a boot loop. I decided to go back to FR12 and update to this baseband but have only succeeded in putting FR12 on the phone, but with this I get a "No Network" message, (O2 Simplicity, UK), even putting in the APN manually (using the settings from a Samsung Galaxy which I use as a second phone with the same SIM card.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked in the phone info and it shows as "baseband unknown", hence no signal ,though wifi works but the phone is useless, really would like to know how to get a baseband back on the phone.

Edited by tempest6696

Guest ronnyuk
Hope someone can help me here. I have followed the previous threads with no luck at all. Each time I get the time out message and then error. I had previously flashed FR12 and this

baseband then tried the Eternity kernel, which kept going in a boot loop. I decided to go back to FR12 and update to this baseband but have only succeeded in putting FR12 on the phone, but with this I get a "No Network" message, (O2 Simplicity, UK), even putting in the APN manually (using the settings from a Samsung Galaxy which I use as a second phone with the same SIM card.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked in the phone info and it shows as "baseband unknown", hence no signal ,though wifi works but the phone is useless, really would like to know how to get a baseband back on the phone.

I got the same problem, if your phone detects no baseband it would seem the baseband tool will not work :)

I have tried everything for over 15 hours today, nothing will work so far, I need someone to make a default NVflash rom with the latest baseband please, can paul ammend his orginal NVflash rom and incorp the latest baseband, otherwise this phone will hae to go back to LG :)

Guest tempest6696
I got the same problem, if your phone detects no baseband it would seem the baseband tool will not work :mellow:

I have tried everything for over 15 hours today, nothing will work so far, I need someone to make a default NVflash rom with the latest baseband please, can paul ammend his orginal NVflash rom and incorp the latest baseband, otherwise this phone will hae to go back to LG :o

Have you manged to sort out your phone yet? Managed to get mine going again by using the firmwares on XDA ( info in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1055757)

Took quite a bit of time and numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of smartflash but then it just suddenly worked, so persevere and good luck.

Guest djmcnz

Yeah, I find that booting the phone into S/W Update mode first THEN starting the SmartFlash or NVFlash apps give less timeout errors than the reverse order. Although the reverse order is often quoted as the "correct" order.

Seems to work better with no consequences to go phone -> software rather than software -> phone.

Guest Muppchan

hey all,

been trying to download the smartflash and supporting files for some time,

click the link i get a page with a download button, i click it and nothing happen.

is there some thing specific i should be doing to get these files???

ta :mellow:

edit : tried in chrome, FF and IE, get the same result in all

Edited by Muppchan

Guest tempest6696
Yeah, I find that booting the phone into S/W Update mode first THEN starting the SmartFlash or NVFlash apps give less timeout errors than the reverse order. Although the reverse order is often quoted as the "correct" order.

Seems to work better with no consequences to go phone -> software rather than software -> phone.

Now very unhappy!!!!!!!

After restoring phone back to having a baseband I successfully flashed Fearkill 6.1 rom.after booting saw that I had put on the lg not the vanilla version so downloaded the vanilla and put onto the sdcard. Booted into cwm and factory reset and wiped davlik. Then installed the rom and the phone booted back up and I have NO BASEBAND again!!!

Why would that happen?

So now back to square one trying to get a baseband back in again. Retracing my previous steps but keep getting the time out again.

Back in business again, only took 30 mins to sort it out. If anyone knows why the baseband disappeared of the phone please let me know so I know what to look out for when flashing

Edited by tempest6696

Guest aMpeX

Did 20110315 also rely on a changed RIL in the ROM?

The reason why I'm aksing is, that since CM7 are based on 20110218, there are probably going to be some problems using 20110405. Since NVflash doesn't restore the baseband knowing that the 20110315 release relied on the same RIL as 20110218 would be nice to know.

Edited by aMpeX

Guest tempest6696
Now very unhappy!!!!!!!

After restoring phone back to having a baseband I successfully flashed Fearkill 6.1 rom.after booting saw that I had put on the lg not the vanilla version so downloaded the vanilla and put onto the sdcard. Booted into cwm and factory reset and wiped davlik. Then installed the rom and the phone booted back up and I have NO BASEBAND again!!!

Why would that happen?

So now back to square one trying to get a baseband back in again. Retracing my previous steps but keep getting the time out again.

Back in business again, only took 30 mins to sort it out. If anyone knows why the baseband disappeared of the phone please let me know so I know what to look out for when flashing

Now back to square one no baseband. Can't understand why it would disappear of the phone like this. This time I did not flash anything just picked up my phone and noticed a no network message, so I am now back to trying to get smartflash to work again :mellow::-(

Another question, "Why when using smartflash does it timeout on a fls file but happily flashes a bin file?"

No luck at the moment, is this the only way to put a baseband on the phone??

Edited by tempest6696

Guest Mary_K

First I would like to thank you because you fixed my phone after I trashed it a bit :mellow:

But now I have noticed a little problem, I can't find some apps in Market. I also tried to install them from https: / / market.android.com /, it says "The object is not compatible with your device". I've tried to fix this for 2 days, but have no clue what is wrong. I have compared with a O2X which had never been flashed with another ROM, etc.. and I can only find one difference in the "Ap App Version". When you walk into the hidden menu (1809 # * 990 #)> Version Info> SW Version Info> Ap App Version. Could this be it?

Apps in question are "Swedbank" and "Wolfram Alpha" maybe some more.

Oh, and I can find those apps on the other O2X.

Edited by Mary_K

Guest jambezuk

Backup internal sd to PC

Nandroid via CWM

Flash the smartflash package

Boot to cwm

Restore last nandroid

Flash FR12

Reboot

Using Win 7 32bit with XP SP3 compatibly and run as administrator turned on for the smartflash program. With Higgsy's process (minus the Fr12 flash - already using Fr15 prebake), flashed first time with no errors. I'm now seeing about 1 extra bar of reception at home, but it's pretty inconsistent normally so may just be chance. Time will tell...

Thanks!!

Guest androidzgz

Hallo,

My P990 reboot after a call and no more up. I wished to do your process and ERROR was found.

00:00.0 Sec :Download Start...

00:02.0 Sec :RomBinary Download start

00:02.0 Sec :PSI RAM writing start

00:02.6 Sec :Trying to communicate with IFX modem

00:07.8 Sec :Confirm IFX communication

00:07.8 Sec :PSI RAM writing end

00:07.8 Sec :Start PSI RAM

00:07.8 Sec :EBL writing start

00:27.8 Sec :Timeout error is occured

00:27.8 Sec :error!

In EBL Process, about 50% show timeout error. Anyone know something???

Thanks,

Oscar

EDIT: Succesfull!. Finally i put the directory with the program smartflash and archives fs and bin in x86 carpet. Besides adminitrator permision and wxp sp3 compability. Only in x86 carpet it works. (i have WIN 7 and 64 bits)

Edited by androidzgz

Guest tempest6696
Hallo,

My P990 reboot after a call and no more up. I wished to do your process and ERROR was found.

00:00.0 Sec :Download Start...

00:02.0 Sec :RomBinary Download start

00:02.0 Sec :PSI RAM writing start

00:02.6 Sec :Trying to communicate with IFX modem

00:07.8 Sec :Confirm IFX communication

00:07.8 Sec :PSI RAM writing end

00:07.8 Sec :Start PSI RAM

00:07.8 Sec :EBL writing start

00:27.8 Sec :Timeout error is occured

00:27.8 Sec :error!

In EBL Process, about 50% show timeout error. Anyone know something???

Thanks,

Oscar

EDIT: Succesfull!. Finally i put the directory with the program smartflash and archives fs and bin in x86 carpet. Besides adminitrator permision and wxp sp3 compability. Only in x86 carpet it works. (i have WIN 7 and 64 bits)

"x86 carpet" what is this as I'm having the same problem, do you mean desktop?