[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

There is a file (/system/etc/apns-config.xml) that must have all the apns normaly used. Access it with rootexplorer or connectbot to see if your provider configuration is correct.

Anyway normaly i must wait for 3-4 minutes to get connected.

Corvus.

After fighting this for a few nights, it appears that the O in O2 needs to be lower case where it appears in the APN settings. Having made this change my USB modem now works and finds its 3G signal reasonably quickly after plugging in the dongle.

Cheers Corvus for an excellent ROM

Guest Jisonga

Thank you corvus i decided to give your rom a go after reading the feedback to it and i am really impressed just how quick and smooth my vega now runs.

I will be keeping my eye on your rom updates from now on to see how much more you can get out of this bit of kit mate.

Jason.

Guest henky92

hey guys, i absolutely love this rom,

but i have a small issue.

I tried connecting my usb keyboard, it didn't work even though i set the mode to host and my usb mouse does function.

Then I tried to connect the keyboard with an usb hub, as suggested by others. that didn't work either.

Instead I got an error at boot: system has stopped working. after selecting wait and waiting for 10 minutes the screen was still black. Now rebooting results in a black screen.

I'm in the middle of reinstalling now but is there any known solution? I'd love to use my keyboard!

Guest mxbob

installed the 0.5 version last night

so far so good seems very quick and responsive

had a small issue this morning when I came to reboot for the first time

after the reboot and just before the launcher loaded it gave me a message something along the lines of "system not responding force close/wait" (sorry i should have made a better note of the exact error message but i dont have my vega with me, i will edit in the correct error message later) neither button (the force close or the wait) responded to touch but about 30 seconds later the launcher loaded as normal it then repeated the same error message but disappeared after pressing wait

is this likely to be something going wrong when I installed it? I did it via CRW as recommended I reverted it back to the base 1.9 before I started and did a wipe

not a major issue as it doesn’t seem to stop it working (and its not like I reboot much) and I will try re installing when I get home was just wondering if anyone had had anything similar.

EDIT the error message is "process system not responding"

Edited by mxbob

A while back simonta created a small widget to indicate what USB mode the Vega was in, being forgetful I found it very handy.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...witcher-widget/

However it depended on the kernel version and so if you did not have the specific MCR rom it broke. So I have taken the code and produced a version that will work with Corvus's ROM. ( it should work with any ROM that using /data/var/mode to indicate the USB mode ).

The widget comes in two sizes and can have its image customised via the SD card, information in the original thread above.

Create a folder /sdcard/data/vegausbindicator and pop in the following files:

usbs.png: Slave mode image for the large widget

usbh.png: Host mode image for the large widget

susbs.png: Slave mode image for the small widget

susbh.png: Host mode image for the small widget

Note clicking on this widget will only display the current mode NOT launch the original switcher.

You can find the apk here: http://code.google.com/p/ptbw-codespace/do..._Corvus_6.0.apk

Thanks again to simonta for the original.

Guest premieral
A while back simonta created a small widget to indicate what USB mode the Vega was in, being forgetful I found it very handy.

However it depended on the kernel version and so if you did not have the specific MCR rom it broke. So I have taken the code and produced a version that will work with Corvus's ROM. ( it should work with any ROM that using /data/var/mode to indicate the USB mode ).

The widget comes in two sizes and can have its image customised via the SD card, information in the original thread above.

Note clicking on this widget will only display the current mode NOT launch the original switcher.

You can find the apk here: http://code.google.com/p/ptbw-codespace/do..._Corvus_6.0.apk

love it thank you :) it works great on the new corvus and newbe5 rom too

Edited by premieral

Guest simonta

Nice one :) Been trying to get time for this for ages. Thanks...

Guest newbe5

Everyone posting in here, please bear in mind that CorvusVegaROM_0.5 and Corvus5 are different ROM's. There is a seperate thread for Corvus5 (I know, the name might be a little confusing! Sorry!). This is Corvus older ROM and AFAIK is not being supported any longer (although I doubt he's going to leave anyone out in the cold).

For discussion on the NEW ROM: Corvus5, please use this thread!

newbe5

Everyone posting in here, please bear in mind that CorvusVegaROM_0.5 and Corvus5 are different ROM's. There is a seperate thread for Corvus5 (I know, the name might be a little confusing! Sorry!). This is Corvus older ROM and AFAIK is not being supported any longer (although I doubt he's going to leave anyone out in the cold).

For discussion on the NEW ROM: Corvus5, please use this thread!

newbe5

Understood, however I am still running this rom and I know the widget will work with this specific version. At the moment I can't say for sure the widget will work with any other rom than this one, hope you understand.

Cheers

Guest newbe5
Understood, however I am still running this rom and I know the widget will work with this specific version. At the moment I can't say for sure the widget will work with any other rom than this one, hope you understand.

Cheers

Of course! Can't expect everyone to want to switch, this is a great rom! Just wanted to make sure it was clear in case people were confused! =)