[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest rvdgeer
Had rebooted a few times anyway but I do think its how I have formatted the card. Link2SD comes up with a dialogue asking what file system the card uses - ext2, ext3, ext4 or fat32. Think I formatted it with ext3 but cant be sure. Tried each setting and it didnt like it, maybe need to reboot after each try. Might repartition the card and see if it works then.

Have you had NTFS mounting working Corvus?

I believe the order of the partitions is important!

As far as I know you need the FAT partition first and a second partition (EXT) at the end of the card.

Guest Solidare

Very nice rom Corvus. Thanks!

Particularly like the framework, the date is actually visible when you pull down the notifications bar, which is nice. Ha

Everything seems to be working fine for me now with 0.3. Replaced stock browser, music and launcher with Dolphin HD, Winamp and ADW and used the Dolphin Blue theme and pushed the cyan evo 4g boot animation. I might try and change the power control widget from green to cyan if I get time.

I used clockworkmod to partition the SDcard (512mb / ext2) and links2sd works fine.

Once again, cheers

Guest the_corvus
Had rebooted a few times anyway but I do think its how I have formatted the card. Link2SD comes up with a dialogue asking what file system the card uses - ext2, ext3, ext4 or fat32. Think I formatted it with ext3 but cant be sure. Tried each setting and it didnt like it, maybe need to reboot after each try. Might repartition the card and see if it works then.

Have you had NTFS mounting working Corvus?

yep... it mounts in /mnt/usbdisk

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Seems to be workin fine here as well... But is it correct that it shows as v0.2 when going to settings --> about?

Yes, my fault... i forgot to modify build.prop in las update :S

Corvus.

Guest Raydroid
Updated

Version 0.3, 3g-dongle I can not be active, each signal indication gsm icon appears lost and never re-active to 3g mode. Unable to recognize adhoc wifi network. Are there any improvements in version 0.4?, please advise. Thank you.

Guest the_corvus
Version 0.3, 3g-dongle I can not be active, each signal indication gsm icon appears lost and never re-active to 3g mode. Unable to recognize adhoc wifi network. Are there any improvements in version 0.4?, please advise. Thank you.

I hope that was a dongle thats was working with other rom.

Any more info about the dongle will be helpfull.

Corvus

Guest premieral

Hi corvus just one small point my battery is draining much quicker than before i loaded this rom any ideas what is doing it? not overly concerned as it moves so much smoother but if its stuff i can turn off or kill then it would be perfect :D

Guest gswallow

Just a follow up on my previous screen calibration problems that made v2 unusable: installed v3 tonight and its working fine so far. Whatever changes you made seems to have fixed it. Not sure if it helps anyone but I forgot to wipe data/dalvik etc before installing. However install seems to have gone ok with no need for Titanium and resetting my homescreens.

I really appreciate the work you guys put into stuff like this that benefits the Vega community as a whole.

Guest Minimonkey
Hi corvus just one small point my battery is draining much quicker than before i loaded this rom any ideas what is doing it? not overly concerned as it moves so much smoother but if its stuff i can turn off or kill then it would be perfect :D

The wifi says on in sleep? Mine seems to

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest zzleezz
The wifi says on in sleep? Mine seems to

Yes!!

This is the big feature of this rom and it was nearly overlooked :D

I was out tonight, got back and hit power on my Vega to wake it from sleep. Was really surprised when notifications popped up immediately! Tested sleeping it and waking it a few times and its working!!!

Thanks so much Corvus :D

Guest newbe5

Hi Corvus! Just a thought, you might want to consider including the Ad-Hoc wpa_supplicant fix in the next version of your ROM?

Edited by newbe5

Guest the_corvus
Hi Corvus! Just a thought, you might want to consider including the Ad-Hoc wpa_supplicant fix in the next version of your ROM?

I take it...

Now i have some changes for next update, but it will take a little more time... dont wait 1 update by day anymore... :D

Changes:

Some problems with sd card (dissapear) when usb memory stick is used.

Fix wallpaper can be selected from gallery

Fix some problems with 3g and gps integrated tablets.

Add Ad-hoc wifi.

Support USB-GPS

Corvus.

Guest Reynholm Industries
Please please please remove that horrible transition animation.

+1 for that, great stuff otherwise, any option to turn off in settings?

Guest zzleezz
Please please please remove that horrible transition animation.

Noooooo. I like the transitions!

Having a small problem with wifi. Now that wifi is working in standby when I wake my device sometimes it takes a few minutes for actual web traffic to start working. Have not updated to 0.4 yet so will try that and report back.

Guest premieral

i love this rom Corvus is there any chance of doing a rom with no phone elements at all as we dont need them please :D

Edited by premieral

Guest nickwarn
I take it...

Now i have some changes for next update, but it will take a little more time... dont wait 1 update by day anymore... :D

Changes:

Some problems with sd card (dissapear) when usb memory stick is used.

Fix wallpaper can be selected from gallery

Fix some problems with 3g and gps integrated tablets.

Add Ad-hoc wifi.

Support USB-GPS

Corvus.

Looking good, nice work. but in v0.4 i can select wallpaper from gallery. this was broken in earlier builds(atleast for me). I done it several times now on build 0.4.

Guest Lennyuk
i love this rom Corvus is there any chance of doing a rom with no phone elements at all as we dont need them please :D

Well if he does that we get stuck with that stupid signal bar.

Guest premieral
Well if he does that we get stuck with that stupid signal bar.

really is there no work around? total noob so i dont know i just dislike having lots of clutter and the phone stuff is just clutter : :(

**edit**

scratch that Corvus has just posted on another topic that it is needed for 3g :D guess i will have to wait until hell freezes over and i develop the ability to make my own lol :D

Edited by premieral

Guest Lennyuk
really is there no work around? total noob so i dont know i just dislike having lots of clutter and the phone stuff is just clutter : :(

**edit**

scratch that Corvus has just posted on another topic that it is needed for 3g :D guess i will have to wait until hell freezes over and i develop the ability to make my own lol :D

well we could edit the signal png so that its transparent, it would still technically exist, but we just won't see it.