[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest premieral
well we could edit the signal png so that its transparent, it would still technically exist, but we just won't see it.

sounds like a plan to me :D

Guest the_corvus
well we could edit the signal png so that its transparent, it would still technically exist, but we just won't see it.

Sorry.. i will not do a version with and without phone apks... i did it earlier and is a mess...

You could try to delete Phone.apk and Telephony...apk from /system/app, but sometimes it kills market. You can do a nandroid and test it.

Corvus.

Guest Solidare

Would it be possible to add power control to the notification bar similar to cyanogenmod, ideally with the brightness control as well?

I have no idea how difficult this would be so just a suggestion.

Guest premieral
Sorry.. i will not do a version with and without phone apks... i did it earlier and is a mess...

You could try to delete Phone.apk and Telephony...apk from /system/app, but sometimes it kills market. You can do a nandroid and test it.

Corvus.

no need to be sorry Corvus you are a GOD :D you have brought joy to my world lol

Guest Vansphone

Sorry for the really basic question. I am using r8 and have spent some time setting up email accounts, snyc setting etc and bought quite a few apps.

I assume that if I use Titanium Backup on each of my apps while in my old rom when I change to Corvus I can just restore them?

As I said sorry for the basic question but I have a lot of time invested in my apps

Thanks

Guest premieral
Sorry for the really basic question. I am using r8 and have spent some time setting up email accounts, snyc setting etc and bought quite a few apps.

I assume that if I use Titanium Backup on each of my apps while in my old rom when I change to Corvus I can just restore them?

As I said sorry for the basic question but I have a lot of time invested in my apps

Thanks

Yes make a backup of app + data then when new rom loaded download titanium backup from market and restore all apps , i did it about 4 times monday before the bsod fix :D

Edit

if they are purchased apps market will remember and let you download Them again

Edited by premieral

Guest peter a
Yes make a backup of app + data then when new rom loaded download titanium backup from market and restore all apps , i did it about 4 times monday before the bsod fix :D

Edit

if they are purchased apps market will remember and let you download Them again

I have purchased apps , and started from base .

Market says you have purchased apps, click , click and they are installed back.

So you can just download them again !!!!

it know it is the same device , because if I try to download them to my phone it will charge me again.

Edited by peter a

Guest shrubbery

Thanks for the ROM Corvus - I've been using it for the last couple of days and its by far the best ROM I have tried in the Vega.

Is there any chance you could reduce the size of the status bar as in Paul's ROMS?

Guest dexta211

Hi there,

I'm using the 0.4 Version of this ROM and generally its fantastic, but i have one issue!

After a while, usually after the screen has been locked - my browser stops loading pages - the status bar gets around half way, and then stops! I have to reboot to get it to work again! I don't know if its the browser, or the WiFi....

Anyone heard of this before?

Thanks

Guest peter a
hey corvus, just following you again. :D

So so nearly there , standby working that is.

and closer than any other rom I`ve tried.

as per :- http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ld-on-the-vega/

Now if I play streaming music like last fm , I can go in standby and have it still play the music .

But leave it a while without anything streaming and the alarm stop, and the second it comes off of standby you get your e-mail etc , plus see the clock jump to the right time.

So for me , so very close to alarms in standby .

Keep up the good work.

Edited by peter a

Guest the_corvus
Thanks for the ROM Corvus - I've been using it for the last couple of days and its by far the best ROM I have tried in the Vega.

Is there any chance you could reduce the size of the status bar as in Paul's ROMS?

For me this is the correct size... not as bug as default, not as little as modaco's. I have big fingers and with modaco size i have problem with buttons.

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Hi there,

I'm using the 0.4 Version of this ROM and generally its fantastic, but i have one issue!

After a while, usually after the screen has been locked - my browser stops loading pages - the status bar gets around half way, and then stops! I have to reboot to get it to work again! I don't know if its the browser, or the WiFi....

Anyone heard of this before?

Thanks

I was yesterday browsing with my vega for more than 1 hour (browsing, megavideo, etc.) and no problems.... try to reflash and format your sd card and test again.

Corvus.

Guest zzleezz
For me this is the correct size... not as bug as default, not as little as modaco's. I have big fingers and with modaco size i have problem with buttons.

Corvus.

Exactly the sane for me. Always used to struggle to hit the back button on the smaller bar. This one is perfect.

Guest jamsiel

Sticking with the R8 rom for now, but will be keeping an eye on this one its looking promising.

Does the Corvus rom allow you to set wallpapers at full resolution? by that i mean, if i have an image which is full 1024 by 600 resolution when viewed in the gallery, and i apply it as a wallpaper, it doesn't crop it to a 4:3 resolution making it horrible a full of jpeg compression.

It seemed to do it ok on the original standard Vega Rom, but on the R8 with whichever Launcher i use, it only crops an image for the desktop in 4:3 (square) rather than a 16:9 (wisescreen) format.

It's a small thing, but it makes the screen look ugly.

Guest Littleun

Hi Corvus. Really impressed with this ROM, great work :D One thing I cannot find in the settings menu is the G-Sensor settings so I'm not able to switch into game mode, is this now somewhere else, or has it been removed?

Also, one thing that has always bugged me about almost all custom ROM's is that the volume only goes up to 50%. Not a major issue but is this something you think you may be able to fix? I know that the CM7 ROM and the PoV Mobi 1.10 official release don't have this problem so not sure if you could port the fix over from these ROM's?

Thanks again for the hard work and another top class ROM B)

Guest the_corvus
Hi Corvus. Really impressed with this ROM, great work :D One thing I cannot find in the settings menu is the G-Sensor settings so I'm not able to switch into game mode, is this now somewhere else, or has it been removed?

Also, one thing that has always bugged me about almost all custom ROM's is that the volume only goes up to 50%. Not a major issue but is this something you think you may be able to fix? I know that the CM7 ROM and the PoV Mobi 1.10 official release don't have this problem so not sure if you could port the fix over from these ROM's?

Thanks again for the hard work and another top class ROM B)

I'm searching a solution for game sensor, but no clues by now and no time to test...

About volume bar... i will see how to fix it.

Corvus.

Guest shrubbery
QUOTE(the_corvus @ Mar 31 2011, 06:53)

Corvus.

Hi Corvus,

I agree that the size of the buttons are more useable on your ROM which is good but the icons (such as TaskManager) are too big and look rather ugly. Is there any way of keeping the same size bar with Home and Back buttons but reducing the size of application icons?

I know that this is subjective and is in no way a critisism of your work - just wondered if it was possible (maybe via a user changeable setting).

Thanks,

shrub

Edited by shrubbery

Guest the_corvus
Hi Corvus,

I agree that the size of the buttons are more useable on your ROM which is good but the icons (such as TaskManager) are too big and look rather ugly. Is there any way of keeping the same size bar with Home and Back buttons but reducing the size of application icons?

I know that this is subjective and is in no way a critisism of your work - just wondered if it was possible (maybe via a user changeable setting).

Thanks,

shrub

Install launcher pro and can configure some things.

Corvus.

Guest newbe5
Sepi-update

Corvus, that patch you posted will not actually FIX the g-sensor, in fact it will break it. That patch is to REMOVE g-sensor support for EGL games and FIX mouse support, so this will probably have the reverse effect.

What people are saying is, they have issues where in some games, the HORIZONTAL axis reads left as right and vice-versa. In the Vega stock ROM there is a "Game Mode" you can turn on to correct this for certain games, but this setting is missing in your ROM.

newbe5

Guest the_corvus
Corvus, that patch you posted will not actually FIX the g-sensor, in fact it will break it. That patch is to REMOVE g-sensor support for EGL games and FIX mouse support, so this will probably have the reverse effect.

What people are saying is, they have issues where in some games, the HORIZONTAL axis reads left as right and vice-versa. In the Vega stock ROM there is a "Game Mode" you can turn on to correct this for certain games, but this setting is missing in your ROM.

newbe5

I know, i know... but i test this patch and fix the problem with axis, at least in the labyrinth game i played... i need someone with other games to test...

Corvus.

Guest Richard de Goede

Wifi isn't working for me..

i went from modaco r8 to corvus 0.4, when i turn on wifi it just says error...

can you tell me how to debug or maybe fix ?

thanks !