- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
That 'My Location' can actually show the city name that you're in and to the right of it will be the weather information and current image (sunny, rain, whatever). I had tried AMDZero's ZeroSense rom and it seemed to be working as expected, although I'm not sure what he had done to get it working. Maybe AMD can provide some insight as to why this isn't working?

From the research I've done, it appears to be a common problem although I have yet to figure out how to resolve it. I was able to turn off 'My Location' in the registry, although it still did not show my manually entered location on the Clock gadget.

Another minor bug i noticed is when you try to add a quick link to the home page, all appear to work except 'Bookmarks' which throws an error 'The File 'HTCBookmark' cannot be opened....'

Even though it doesnt bother me one bit i thought i'd tell you about this minor problem also (if you weren't already aware).

Thanks,

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

That 'My Location' can actually show the city name that you're in and to the right of it will be the weather information and current image (sunny, rain, whatever). I had tried AMDZero's ZeroSense rom and it seemed to be working as expected, although I'm not sure what he had done to get it working. Maybe AMD can provide some insight as to why this isn't working?

From the research I've done, it appears to be a common problem although I have yet to figure out how to resolve it. I was able to turn off 'My Location' in the registry, although it still did not show my manually entered location on the Clock gadget.

Another minor bug i noticed is when you try to add a quick link to the home page, all appear to work except 'Bookmarks' which throws an error 'The File 'HTCBookmark' cannot be opened....'

Even though it doesnt bother me one bit i thought i'd tell you about this minor problem also (if you weren't already aware).

Thanks,

Howdy,

The weather does not display on the homepage by design because it really hurts performance with all its graphical dithering and stuff. The most I could do is fix the button to open the weather tab. Using only the weather tab limited the drop in performance when you are in that tab.

I didn't realize the bookmark thing, however that is similar the HTC GPS Location service. So I would not consider the space and all to make it work again worth making it work. I'll add it to the list of known limitations.

Thanks for being thorough, its really amazing when I think I have it all down what little stuff creeps in.

Thanks!
Bryan

Edited by Bryan W., 01 May 2011 - 02:19 PM.

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I see your point on the weather, Is it a setting you disabled somewhere in the registry or a package you intentionally left out of the ROM? In my research many people refer to this 'my location' problem however most have a workaround that includes adding your city to the worldclock which apparently directs it to your manual setting. I can find no such setting in the worldclock settings.

Do you happen to know of a way to get that to link to the city i have the weather tab or reenable the my location thing? I just want to play with performance and see how much it affects it. Most likely I would end up putting it back the way it is now just curious.

In regards to the bookmark thing, no worries there as again I would not use those features just thought I would point it out.

Again great work, best memory usage I've seen on any Sense ROM yet! I also like the fact that it appears to be the latest build of 6.5.5 although I don't know what fixes there were or what features were added.

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Do you happen to know of a way to get that to link to the city i have the weather tab or reenable the my location thing? I just want to play with performance and see how much it affects it. Most likely I would end up putting it back the way it is now just curious.

Hi Tampora,

I really have to look into fixing that button to open the manually entered city. I didn't even know about that button until you brought it up, so I can't promise as quick results. I usually take a week between releases to find more bugs.

And as for the GPS Location.. to get that working would take a lot of time. The deal is that there are many other dependencies that package needs, and I'd have to sit and find out what they all are, and cook them in. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do that.

To see the performance impact of the weather graphics on the UI, go to the weather tab and remove all locations. Notice when you click "Menu" on the bottom right the smoothness of how the menu opens. Now add a location, update the weather, and repeat. You should see the menu slide up noticeably slower. Now image that effect taking place on the everything in the entire home screen. That is why I disabled weather from appearing on the home screen.

Thanks for the kind words! I more or less figured I would be the only person to use this rom due to the fact is it is neither a real 'Lite' ROM or a full 'Sense' ROM. So I really hope others are enjoying it like I do.

Thanks,
Bryan

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Hi Tampora,

I really have to look into fixing that button to open the manually entered city. I didn't even know about that button until you brought it up, so I can't promise as quick results. I usually take a week between releases to find more bugs.

And as for the GPS Location.. to get that working would take a lot of time. The deal is that there are many other dependencies that package needs, and I'd have to sit and find out what they all are, and cook them in. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do that.

To see the performance impact of the weather graphics on the UI, go to the weather tab and remove all locations. Notice when you click "Menu" on the bottom right the smoothness of how the menu opens. Now add a location, update the weather, and repeat. You should see the menu slide up noticeably slower. Now image that effect taking place on the everything in the entire home screen. That is why I disabled weather from appearing on the home screen.

Thanks for the kind words! I more or less figured I would be the only person to use this rom due to the fact is it is neither a real 'Lite' ROM or a full 'Sense' ROM. So I really hope others are enjoying it like I do.

Thanks,
Bryan

I enjoy seeing what you do with my beta kitchen setup :mellow: I have an idea that I think would be really up your alley since you appear to have a lot of time to devote to the i920 projects. It was something I was messing with prior to my ooberlite but I think it would be a beneficial project to bring to the community and it would span over multiple devices and possibly be the most kick-ass plan to hit modaco in a while.

I think you should research utilizing a ramdisk mixed with the use of extendir to fully unlock to potential of the i920. If you can use extendir to house manila from the windows directory and or trick manila to think its still in the windows directory, and host it and all required dynamic link libraries on these virtual windows directories, while realistically being loaded and RAN from RAM, I believe Sense will be run at the fastest speed that it could possibly be run at.

The entire system will be boosted. Page pools could be minimized because relevant packages will be installed to RAM at boot.

It would require mortscript, extendir, and ramdisk.

Or maybe I am just hallucinating...

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I was able to get the clock button to bring me directly to the manually entered city. It is just one registry key to change HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla, just change Weather.EnableCurrentLocation to a value of 0

Since My Location doesn't appear to be working anyway disabling this key makes no difference to me and just removes it entirely from the weather tab.

natedawg1013

natedawg1013

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Omnia2 i920

Well I threw this together. Let me know if it works.

Thanks! Life's been busy so I haven't been able to check it, but I will later this week.

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I was able to get the clock button to bring me directly to the manually entered city. It is just one registry key to change HKCU\Software\HTC\Manilla, just change Weather.EnableCurrentLocation to a value of 0

Since My Location doesn't appear to be working anyway disabling this key makes no difference to me and just removes it entirely from the weather tab.

This works perfectly! I will include this adjustment in the next build.

Thank you!

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Do you have any idea how I can add favorites to my contact list? I notice you had made a note about adding contacts to the quicklinks, do you have something disabled that would also prevent me from adding favorites to the contact list?

It's not an absolute neccessity but it would be nice to be able to add some favorite contacts. Also a friend of mine was wondering if anything can be done to add contacts to the quicklinks, as he uses them.

Glad the registry key worked for you, I'm still running the ROM and everything is working great.

Thanks!

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Do you have any idea how I can add favorites to my contact list? I notice you had made a note about adding contacts to the quicklinks, do you have something disabled that would also prevent me from adding favorites to the contact list?

It's not an absolute neccessity but it would be nice to be able to add some favorite contacts. Also a friend of mine was wondering if anything can be done to add contacts to the quicklinks, as he uses them.

Glad the registry key worked for you, I'm still running the ROM and everything is working great.

Thanks!

Same issue as with GPS Location. The Contacts takes several modules that would eat up ram and rom. Yeah, I had to give that up too, but I think it has been worth it.

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I had a question for you, im hoping you can answer. I notice that the background color in my email appears to default to black no matter what theme i select. I have had this issue in the past with this omnia 2 and found that certain themes were just problematic in email mainly when using a black background. I have however tried to install themes that I know work fine on other ROM's which still show black on your ROM. Is there a registry key somewhere I can change to get the white background back or at least use the color specified by theme rather than defaulting to black? This can be a little annoying when reading emails as it forces me to select all the text to read it.

Thanks!

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I had a question for you, im hoping you can answer. I notice that the background color in my email appears to default to black no matter what theme i select. I have had this issue in the past with this omnia 2 and found that certain themes were just problematic in email mainly when using a black background. I have however tried to install themes that I know work fine on other ROM's which still show black on your ROM. Is there a registry key somewhere I can change to get the white background back or at least use the color specified by theme rather than defaulting to black? This can be a little annoying when reading emails as it forces me to select all the text to read it.

Thanks!

Just wanted to post a quick reply.

I have been busy and plan to:
1) respond to this question by giving all the registry settings set by the theme. You will have to find out which one control text color, though I expect that to be easy once we see what those reg keys are
2) update both roms with a few more noticeable performance tweaks and the latest (and perhaps last ever from MS) updated XIP

All within the next week.

Sorry for delay.
Bryan

Edited by Bryan W., 07 May 2011 - 05:00 AM.

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Updates Released 5/9/11. See Main post.

QuickSense 6.5 v1.3 [201MB] --> Main Post
-Has +70 MB Ram on Start
-Tweak: Tapping 'My Location' on home screen takes you to weather tab
-Fix: FUS Task Manager would not launch
-Tweak: Performance Enhancements
-Change: XIP and OS files to v21916
-Removed: Uzard Web Browser
-Added: UC Web Browser (FAST!)

QuickSense 6.5.5 v1.5 [222MB] --> Main Post
-Has +70 MB Ram on Start
-Broken: ver 6.5.5 does not utilize QuickGPS data, apparently
-Tweak: Tapping 'My Location' on home screen takes you to weather tab
-Fix: FUS Task Manager would not launch
-Fix: Bold Text in Samsung Contacts
-Tweak: Performance Enhancements
-Change: XIP and OS files to v21690 (Trying to resolve speed issue of the 6.5.5 flavor roms)
-Removed: Uzard Web Browser
-Added: UC Web Browser (FAST!)

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Thanks!

I don't do anything special to the colors set by the system except set the Tacchan theme installed and enabled as default.

These are the registry settings the theme sets.

Attached Files

Edited by Bryan W., 09 May 2011 - 09:24 PM.

andychoi

andychoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
This is really nice ROM, by the way I have trouble when I installed new font - Korean.
No proper display. I have had no trouble with other custom ROM so far.
Do you think it is related with Sense ?

Koljasöngsen

Koljasöngsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Looks great, Probably just what I m searching for. Is it possible to change language to German?
Greetings from bavaria

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I'm putting this on now, I will do a little more investigation on the color scheme issue but it is something I have only seen with these roms so far. I actually had another omnia running a different ROM testing and comparing themes and registry keys for the colors but didn't really make much progress. The other ROM would change the background color fine on the email when quicksense would not.

In regards to the build version, have you tried anything newer for instance the 29020? I'm was just messing with it in a basically stock ROM and it seemed to work nicely. None of the bugs reported seemed to be happening in the ROM i cooked. I'm such a newbie when it come to cooking but it appeared to port the XIP and OS properly. I just have to figure out how to strip out everything now....

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

In regards to the build version, have you tried anything newer for instance the 29020? I'm was just messing with it in a basically stock ROM and it seemed to work nicely. None of the bugs reported seemed to be happening in the ROM i cooked. I'm such a newbie when it come to cooking but it appeared to port the XIP and OS properly. I just have to figure out how to strip out everything now....

Build 29021 is supposed to be out soon. There is not a lot of data out on the build branches and what makes them different. I decide to try this as it is the latest (March 2011) HTC branch build. Later when 29021 is released I may update it to that so we can tell a difference, if there is any.

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Looks great, Probably just what I m searching for. Is it possible to change language to German?
Greetings from bavaria

This is really nice ROM, by the way I have trouble when I installed new font - Korean.
No proper display. I have had no trouble with other custom ROM so far.
Do you think it is related with Sense ?

Hello,

I don't know much about the supporting new languages.

Does the Korean font work in other Sense Roms?

And I'm not sure if German will work. As far as I know, the Rom must be made specifically to support each language. I do not have the German language files, so it may not work.

Sorry I'm not more helpful,
Bryan

Bryan W.

Bryan W.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
QuickSense 6.5.5 v1.6 [222MB] --> http://www.multiupload.com/3PXNO7B2IR
-Update XIP to 29022
-Smoothest and Quickest QuickSense