62 replies to this topic

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Devices:Moto E

Yeah I did but its actually stock as I had installed a lot of applications and stuff....

the data partition is not needed, any chance you can upload the boot and system partitions

nofx1984

nofx1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen2
  • Twitter:@bob98
I have the same "Unrecognised" problem and i can't find a solution. Plus I can't check rebooting it into Clockwork because the phone freezes on the operator logo screen everytime i try to enter recovery mode and i must take out the battery to boot it again in phone mode.

nofx1984

nofx1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen2
  • Twitter:@bob98

I have the same "Unrecognised" problem and i can't find a solution. Plus I can't check rebooting it into Clockwork because the phone freezes on the operator logo screen everytime i try to enter recovery mode and i must take out the battery to boot it again in phone mode.

I resolved the problems i had by wiping directly from Recovery Manager, by ignoring the "unrecognised" tab and going into manual boot and manual installing.

ShahinTehShiz

ShahinTehShiz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Sorry Newbie here, Does anyone know which version of android this is? 2.1 or 2.2 etc?

Thanks

Using CM7 Nightly

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Sorry Newbie here, Does anyone know which version of android this is? 2.1 or 2.2 etc?

Thanks

Swedish Spring is 2.2

Ace Faith

Ace Faith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:None yet...
Another question that's probably been answered already:
If I used the official Comviq 2.2 TPT upgrade to go from 2.1 to 2.2, is my phone a G1 or G2?

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
Latest Update

22nd April - Updated Swedish Spring to RLS5

vicsekm

vicsekm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I bought a ZTE Blade gen2 from Vodafone Hungary. Everything worked like a charm. I already installed Swedish Spring RLS5 on it. I discovered that my devices sees only 256 MB RAM, but has 512MB in it. I know that i cant use the fix for the gen1 devices. I already connected Vodafone, cause they actually sell this devices with 512MB RAM. So it's actually their fault and they said they will look in to it, but I rather find a fix somewhere else. I dont want to revert my device to factory firmware just to enable their fix, if they will have one. Do you know anything about this problem? Can anyone help me? And thanks for the infos, it were very helpful so far.

Edited by vicsekm, 24 April 2011 - 10:31 AM.

eLJay

eLJay

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo)

How to Install a Custom ROM on the ZTE u-v880 or GEN2 device

[indent=1]STOP This page is for ZTE u-v880 devices that have the old style memory layout [GEN2] blades.

Too much copy and paste there, to avoid user confusion it should read...

STOP This page is for ZTE u-v880 devices that have the new style memory layout [GEN2] blades.

ghosttp

ghosttp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, i am a newbie.

mine is jap verv880, a gen2 model
I jusy flash to RLS5 last night
but i found that there are problem on partition the SD card.

when i search on the internet,
some other people suggest that there are errors on partition using 3.0.2.4
and he suggest to use 3.0.1.4
but the point is,

his machine is a gen1,
and mine is a gen 2

when i am on this page,
http://android.podtw...overy/archived/

i have no idea on which 3.0.1.4 that a gen2 can use it

can anybody suggest?
Thanks in advance!

Edited by ghosttp, 01 May 2011 - 10:10 AM.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Too much copy and paste there, to avoid user confusion it should read...

STOP This page is for ZTE u-v880 devices that have the new style memory layout [GEN2] blades.

ta fixed

alwaleef

alwaleef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (China Unicom)
Dears Steven, Faisal,
I have a ZTE U-V880 GEN 2 Blade from China Unicom with below informaion:

Baseband Version: P729B01
Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-perf
Build Number: ZTE-BladeV1.0.0B01
Android: 2.2

It is a test phone from ZTE with Arabic Version, but with bugs in Arabic RTL specially with SMS RTL is not working in the normal way and numbers come in wrong positions.

Execuse me for this as English is not my Native language and I am seeking your help & advise on the following:

1. Any method of unlocking the memeory from 256 to 512 K (System Total Memory 166.49 M).
2. Easyest & Best way to route, recovery, clockwork and prepare phone for upgrades.
3. Latest stable ROM which supports Arabic and fit this type of Blade.

Appreciate your help and thanks for the support you are giving to beginners like me.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Dears Steven, Faisal,
I have a ZTE U-V880 GEN 2 Blade from China Unicom with below informaion:

Baseband Version: P729B01
Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-perf
Build Number: ZTE-BladeV1.0.0B01
Android: 2.2

It is a test phone from ZTE with Arabic Version, but with bugs in Arabic RTL specially with SMS RTL is not working in the normal way and numbers come in wrong positions.

Execuse me for this as English is not my Native language and I am seeking your help & advise on the following:

1. Any method of unlocking the memeory from 256 to 512 K (System Total Memory 166.49 M).
2. Easyest & Best way to route, recovery, clockwork and prepare phone for upgrades.
3. Latest stable ROM which supports Arabic and fit this type of Blade.

Appreciate your help and thanks for the support you are giving to beginners like me.

Great set of questions - I am a bit out of touch with what's safe for ACTUAL GEN2 hardware - The ROMS here are good (swedish spring?) CM7?

But Be careful of TPT's

can anyone comment and help me out in a suggesting a good RTL (right TO Left) ROM?

deb4sis

deb4sis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I installed latest Cyanogenmod on my DELL XCD35 (ZTE Blade) using Clockworkmode Recovery. I did not take a backup. I want to go back to the stock ROM. I found the ROM from this link: http://android.modac...ade-stock-roms/ but when I flash it with Clockworkmode, it flashes fine but doesn't boot and stays on the Green Android Screen.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a different recovery method used for stock ROMs? Please suggest.

Thank you.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Hello,

I installed latest Cyanogenmod on my DELL XCD35 (ZTE Blade) using Clockworkmode Recovery. I did not take a backup. I want to go back to the stock ROM. I found the ROM from this link: http://android.modac...ade-stock-roms/ but when I flash it with Clockworkmode, it flashes fine but doesn't boot and stays on the Green Android Screen.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a different recovery method used for stock ROMs? Please suggest.

Thank you.

What GEN is your device - GEN1 or GEN2

Which ROM did you install?

Have you done a Factory Reset (in Clockwork)?

bahador

bahador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9
Please HELP

I think i've Bricked my ZTE V9 (2.2 upgraded already so it should be Gen2)

I managed to install the r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip via the clockwork

and now i'm stuck.

the clockwork recovery option is not coming up anymore when i do the Start + Vol -

Get Stuck on the andriod screen for good

rebooted many times...

dooooh

Sand0r

Sand0r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding this, if i'm correct these are the stept to follow to get froyo 2.2 on your zte blade right? How long does this process take?

This is the full process right? so you root the phone, install clockworkrecovery, back up, and then install swedish spring, et voila?

Edited by Sand0r, 16 May 2011 - 10:47 PM.

Charlie3999

Charlie3999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SPV
Ok guys I really need your help. I messed up flashing and because I did things in the wrong order. Here's what I did:-

1. I upgraded gen1 to gen 2

2. I then wiped data/factory reset without flashing clockworkmod recovery.

3. The phone then rebooted and stayed on the green man screen and thats it.

4. I managed to finally find a clockworkmod that would work v3.0.1.4 none of the others came on, it just stayed at the green man screen.

5. I try flashing and all it say's:-

Install from sd card
Finding update
opening update
E:Can't open/sdcard/update.zip
(no such file or directory)
Installation aborted.

I did another phone at christmas and that worked fine because I did it in the right order. But I do remember when I flashed the clockworkmod it was green and upsidedown, but I can't find one that does that now.

Edited by Charlie3999, 19 May 2011 - 08:29 PM.

dafreaking

dafreaking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The link for z4root 1.3.0 does not work.

These 2 files seem to have newer versions. Is it ok to use them?

ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.34b
recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g2.img

thanks

rockstarszzzz

rockstarszzzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
Hi all!

I know this is already asked a few times in different ways. I have read those posts too! However, I will really appreaciate if someone can help me with this particular confusion.

I have ZTE Blade which came with 2.1 Orange ROM. I then rooted, unlocked and using TPT method described in the forum, changed my GEN1 (2.1, AMOLED) phone to GEN2 (2.3.3, AMOLED) phone as I flashed CM7 Stable version 7.0.3

I have used it for few days, but I found several bugs that annoy me. I wanted to switch back to a 'debranded' but stock rom. I am presuming it's basically an Orange rom but without Orange bloatware.

Now my confusion is:

1) Is my phone permenantly GEN2 now?
2) If I want to install stock ROM, do I need back to GEN1?
3) Should I be ONLY flashing stock for GEN2?
4) I've presume GEN2 is better than GEN1 - so if I flash GEN2 stock over CM7 stable version 7.0.3 (for GEN2), will I keep GEN2 but downgrade to 2.1?
5) Is it the same if I go for a 2.2 Froyo custom rom from here?
6) Also, I did flash N85 on top of 7.0.3 Stable and then switched back. Does this mean that I still have the bugs/errors from N85 build on my phone? No matter what and how I flash?

Thanks a lot in advance and awaiting help :D

Edited by rockstarszzzz, 01 June 2011 - 02:35 PM.

I own a Windows Phone 7 now and I love it more than anything that my finger have touched. Yes, 'anything' ;)
Hint: HTC Eternity

Posted Image

Gingerbread (leak) Goodies : Themes, AddOns, Mods, Tweaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users