re-lock the ZTE San Francisco

Guest palindromix

Guest palindromix

My wife uses a Swiss ZTE San Francisco, which was unlocked in order to have a different SIM provider available.

Now, she has a problem with the micro-USB plug, sometimes the phone gets charged, sometimes it doesn't. It looks like something is loose.

Now she has to send in the phone to have it fixed - I guess it is not good to send an unlocked phone. Is there any way to re-lock this phone (it still runs on stock ROM)? Is there any counter that has to be fixed as well?

Thank you for your help!

Peter

Guest ronc2000
My wife uses a Swiss ZTE San Francisco, which was unlocked in order to have a different SIM provider available.

Now, she has a problem with the micro-USB plug, sometimes the phone gets charged, sometimes it doesn't. It looks like something is loose.

Now she has to send in the phone to have it fixed - I guess it is not good to send an unlocked phone. Is there any way to re-lock this phone (it still runs on stock ROM)? Is there any counter that has to be fixed as well?

Thank you for your help!

Peter

Unlocking the phone is not a "crime" as far as the operator is concerned so I do not think it matters.

On the other hand, I think this app can re-set the lock (thus re-lock it?):

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...code-generator/

Guest isambard

Thank you for your help!

Peter

yes, it is possible. install this app:

http://droidgram.com/forum/Unlock-ZTE-Blad...e-San-Francisco

and choose the re-lock phone option.

i would re-lock just in case so that you can avoid arguments about whether unlocking voids your warranty.

• 1 year later...

zte crescent, zte blade ii ( 2 ), orange san fransisco ii ( 2 ), t-mobile vivacity RE - LOCK app ?

Hi there is there not a program which re locks as in the zte blade 1, zte san fransisco 1 see in the following forum -

- The "Reset Attempts (and Lock)" button will reset the phone's internal idea of how many unlock attempts you have back to the initial 5. It will also put it back in the state where it will prompt for the NCK code when you use a different provider's SIM. This may be useful for putting the phone back to (seemingly) the factory state, or for the reported occasions where interactions with Orange [unblocking a phone?] have reset their end of the network lock [?not sure about this?].

-http://droidgram.com/forum/Unlock-ZTE-Blade-Unlock-Orange-San-Francisco (Changes in v1.3Add unlock reset. Normally you have 5 attempts to unlock your phone. With this feature, you can reset the number of unlock attempts back to 5.)

so can someone tell me if that feature from that app is usable in T-MOBILE VIVACITY if so i will go ahead and unlock , root, debrand , and put oin CFW from this website if not can someone please edit the app and allow it to be used for T-mobile vivacity and if not then i will avoid voiding warranty and lock unlock, debrand and root.