About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.
Baseband 1035.21_20110622 is recommended, available in this topic.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS required. If you are coming from an EXT4 ROM, you need to convert back to EXT3 first using this tool. This is because the new release has an updated kernel for which no source has been released, meaning at this time we are unable to add EXT4 support.
Features Included (many optional via the Online Kitchen)
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system - routinely clocking over 3000 in Quadrant!
- LG screwupfix applied (pre-dexopt fix)
- Stock Kernel (pending new kernel source release)
- Enhanced permissions files / spoofed fingerprint (for maximum items listed in market)
- All Google components are running the latest release
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
- Based on the '0622' release
- Multitouch Optimisations
- SD card speed optimisations
- Status bar clock size fix
- CyanogenMod APN list
- Boot sound removed (optional restore)
- SQLite performance patch applied (optional reversion)
- Fixed 'dim screen' in Camera when using auto brightness
- init.d support
- terminfo support (for nano etc.)
- Nvidia module updates / additions
- Fixed an error in the keyboard layout file
- Semi transparent notification pulldown
- Additional Gingerbread sounds (alarms, ringtones, notifications)
- Preloaded applications option restores internal SD card content
- Custom boot animation (optional reversion)
- Optional alternative frameworks to disable toggle buttons / music controls on notification pulldown
- Optional stock (AOSP style) lockscreen
- Optional stock Google apps including Contacts, Calendar, Desk Clock, Gallery, MMS, Keyboard and much more
- Optional Amazon Appstore and SlideME Markets now in the kitchen (I use SlideME as the only place to buy Quadrant Advanced!)
- Optional Gingerbread keyboard by Steven Lin
- Optional stock Froyo (Vanilla!) theme
- Optional stock Gingerbread (Vanilla!) theme
- Optional Camera application with no camcorder sound
- Optional 'battery full' popup disable patch
- Optional MoDaCo additions - Development app, Wavesecure, Titanium Backup
- Optional HTC IME keyboard
- Not odexed
- Core components signed with AOSP platform keys (to help the themers out there)
- Button Backlight Alert support!
- Much much much more!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - you must used a physical microSD card!
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - you MUST use a physical microSD card!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK / Fr3 OR EARLIER! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM.
- Fr19 (default kitchen options below) - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: b555834c5ef6071ecf4feb6f71aa85e8
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta releases and access to the the online kitchens.