Photo

28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

* * * * * 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4695 replies to this topic

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
OK, I just noticed my device date was wrong... corrected it... and now it's obtaining licences! :D

Sorensiim - can you check yours?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

ElecTricX

ElecTricX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
Finally registered and bought subscription :D

I'm following this thread closely right now, as Gilgamesh stock lockscreen and phone would be the best!

Was wondering the following.. I'm no rocket-scientist but what has LG Gallery-app to do with the stock Email-app?

mail installed to /system partition

* This option includes the Email application (which can co-exist with the LG Gallery).

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Typotastic. :D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

winzhangout

winzhangout

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:LG 2X
One question is it ok to add installed apk files from /data/app dir? to copy them to an zip file?

And another question to keep settings from dictonary smart keyboard and password for facebook, and so on where on the phone can i find that?

ElecTricX

ElecTricX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

Typotastic. :D

P

Heheh :D Great job as always Paul, now I'm off cooking a superb luxury meal for my O2X. Thanks!

Korumera

Korumera

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Uh, OK, I just noticed my device date was wrong... corrected it... and now it's obtaining licences! :(

P

Mine date was wrong too, it was a month ahead :D. Perhaps something wrong when making a custom ROM? :D

PatSend

PatSend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:LG P990 Optimus (Speed) 2x
Just cooked my own version after purchasing the membership. Your work is just so great, Paul!

I'll directly flash it when I get my 2X tomorrow.

superduper007

superduper007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had simular problems with a few different programs, tapatalk is one of them. Another problem is that I can't login with any twitterclient, could be twitter. I have to fire up my N1 to test. I'll will install the new build and work around a little bit.

reidar.ostrem

reidar.ostrem

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Mine date was wrong too, it was a month ahead :D. Perhaps something wrong when making a custom ROM? :D

Actually, I just upgraded my baseband on the O2X and was about to restore my nandroid. Then I noticed that the "datestamp" on the nandroid backup was one month ahead! (?) 2011.04.29

Attitudes

Attitudes

All-Mighty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Date was wrong her to, 1 month ahead :-) Working now!
Thanx alot! :D

mrsn0w

mrsn0w

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2X

Thanks for your response.

I've tried downloading it again and copying it to the /sdcard/_ExternalSD folder twice. Once unsigned and once signed. I've also controlled that the checksum is correct.

I still get the same error.

The ClockworkMod Recovery is v.3.0.1.4 (MoDaCo Beta 3).

What I do:
1. Copy the baked ROM with OSX Finder to the SD card (mounted through phone).
2. Start the phone, holding power and volume down until I get into Recovery Mode with ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. Chose "install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard" > "290311-xxxx-Fr3-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-signed-MD5-xxxx.zip" > "Yes - Install 290311-xxxx-Fr3-update-modacocustomrom-2x-kitchen-signed-MD5-xxxx.zip"

This creates this message:

Did a factory reset then a new backup from CWM, copied ROM to the sd card again, now its working :D Was probably just some corrupt data. Sorry if I caused any trouble!

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:LG2X
  • Twitter:@sorensiim

Uh, OK, I just noticed my device date was wrong... corrected it... and now it's obtaining licences! :D

P

LOL - That fixed it :( ;)

I've been reading all sorts of stuff about the LVL, nasty hacks, trying out old titanium backups and all we had to do was set the date :D

Well, glad we got it sorted.
Posted Image

ADHD is an abbreviation of Attention Deficit H... Oooh, shiney!

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, TF201
lol - yes my date was wrong too, even though set to sync with network.

I noticed that this morning (happened at midnight?) but mine was only forward to 1-April-2011.

After manually setting it and waiting for a few hours, re-enabling network sync seems to provide the correct result.

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
*wishlist moved* :D

Edited by Sorensiim, 31 March 2011 - 06:22 AM.

lni

lni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x

Great to see MCR for O2X!

Thans Paul, can't wait to get my O2X and test this.

Nice job Paul!

Finally a online kitchen for the o2x :D

The ROM is "quite a lot" better than the stock ROM. I'm still running low on memory though, about 35-40 ram, but I guess it won't change until April and android 2.3/2.4 release :D My 112 apps/widgets seems to use a lot of memory. Got 171mb free if I kill all inactive, background and active apps with System panel (just a test - don't usually do this). I guess it's just the basic posibilities with 2.2 that makes it consume this many ram.

The overall performance seems better. Had no errors yet

Edited by lni, 29 March 2011 - 07:14 PM.

maedox

maedox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@maedox
That explains why I also saw the "This app is not licenced" message this morning. I didn't notice the date at first but when checking my battery stats it was at ~30 % and unplugged for 4 days and some hours! That's when I realized the date was way off. 1st of April here too. Really odd bug - Puts Apple to shame. :D

Great work on the kitchen, Paul! Sadly I can't flash just yet as I have to return my 2X for a replacement. Got some dust on the LCD panel. :D

gensplejs

gensplejs

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I only have one account and still have licensing problems :-( But only with a few apps.

EDIT: LOL my bad... did not read full post... date fixed it (probably some kind of over zealus securety mechanism trying to avoid replay attacks)

Edited by gensplejs, 29 March 2011 - 07:57 PM.

Sorensiim

Sorensiim

Grumpy ol' bastard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

I only have one account and still have licensing problems :-( But only with a few apps.

Did you check if your phone has the correct date?

gensplejs

gensplejs

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Did you check if your phone has the correct date?

/me is an idiot

djmcnz

djmcnz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, TF201

- More fonts for the fonts app!

That's nearly impossible, I've had a good look. The best you can do is substitute the fonts out (see my two posts on this at XDA).

They use a hash key to verify the fonts by name so you have to keep the font file names, you can change the display name as I have in my modded app. The app also contains a font download and library facility (hidden) as well as font DRM...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users