Photo

28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

* * * * * 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4695 replies to this topic

jon.m.knight

jon.m.knight

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@jonmknight

When modaco ROM gets a new update like fr20 can i just update the ROM through CWR and still have all my data and information still there? or have to wipe all the data and restart again?

Hmm, debatable.. we've generally been ok flashing over the top of the previous version.. but FR20 is likely to be an ext4 based ROM, so it's quite possible that a wipe and reflash will be required. Sometimes it's unavoidable - but Paul does make a concious effort to ensure that's not the case.

jon.m.knight

jon.m.knight

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

My WIFI keeps dropping out. So how can i fix it please HELP!!!

Did you update your baseband? If so, which one did you use? There's a gingerbread and a non-gingerbread version of the 0622 baseband. Ensure you update with the corresponding one. If you didn't - I'd strongly advise to do so.

Also - you may want to check which channel your router is outputting on, I had my wifi dropping on some of the high-end channels.

Edited by jon.m.knight, 07 August 2011 - 06:11 AM.

FPSAUS4EVER

FPSAUS4EVER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:lg otimus 2x
yea my basaband is 1035.21_20110622 and some programs get a black screen and don't respond and the phone freezes.

Harryweste

Harryweste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:LG P990
I'm using the "Circular Battery Percentage Mod" ( http://android.modac...d-for-fr19-rc1/ ). Is it possible to include it in the kitchen for following versions? I think many users would be glad to have this option.

Edited by Harryweste, 07 August 2011 - 11:02 AM.

mankian

mankian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus X2

yea my basaband is 1035.21_20110622 and some programs get a black screen and don't respond and the phone freezes.

either, your using an app thats not very good, or, if its doing it on after a fresh rom install, you got a hardware issue...

Krizzman

Krizzman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
I found a problem with this custom rom. I'm new to the android world just got my Optimus 2X yesterday and I wanted to squeeze its full potential. I read a bit and really liked this MCR, I rooted my phone using SuperOneClick, then I installed Clockwork using the tut on this forums (http://android.modac...-lg-optimus-2x/). Everything went fine, 0 problems. When I transferred the .zip that I donwloaded from this thread to my SD card (I used the USB, I don't have a SD reader) I put it in /sdcard/_ExternalSD as explained. When I start the recovery tool I go into "install zip from sdcard", "choose zip from sdcard" BUT! there's no update :/. It only shows -DCIM/ -LOST.DIR/ -clockworkmod/ -spritebackup/ as a list and If I search inside the update is not there (Those are folders from the inner SD?). Anyways, help would be highly apreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who cares to reply

EDIT: Nevermind I wrongly mixed the internal SD and the external one lol. Problem solved GREAT Custom rom :)

Edited by Krizzman, 07 August 2011 - 10:09 PM.

FPSAUS4EVER

FPSAUS4EVER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:lg otimus 2x
Hi, This battery life is better but is there any mods/hacks to increase the battery life of this phone to the maximum potential. And is Cyanmod 7 ROM battery and better than this ROM?

droweed

droweed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus GSM, LGO2x P990

Hi, This battery life is better but is there any mods/hacks to increase the battery life of this phone to the maximum potential. And is Cyanmod 7 ROM battery and better than this ROM?

unfortunately battery life varies depending on user usage... but i suggest you use juicedefender.

imo if a rom runs everything that its meant to do then its better, with CM alot of stuff are still broken atm, so i suggest if you want stable, then this is the rom for you.

LG Optimus 2X P990 running Leaked GB 2.3.4

Galaxy Nexus AOKP rom

Steppo

Steppo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x (P990)
  • Twitter:@hyyuga

unfortunately battery life varies depending on user usage... but i suggest you use juicedefender.

imo if a rom runs everything that its meant to do then its better, with CM alot of stuff are still broken atm, so i suggest if you want stable, then this is the rom for you.

i am using juice defender pro version, and it lengthens battery life so much...but i got a problem with it though. when it is activated, the internet connection seems to be hindered by it..
i can browse or use apps which require connection properly for like a minute and then the connection gets very slow, although i have the same signal quality as before..
someone experiencing the same issue. i think it could be one of my settings..using bit customized extreme profile...

fifi139

fifi139

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:LG O2x
hmmm... looks like there's no update anymore unless LG released new kernel/ROM..

jon.m.knight

jon.m.knight

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

hmmm... looks like there's no update anymore unless LG released new kernel/ROM..

LG have released the 10e kernel source, that's why there's an alpha MoDaCo custom kernel.
Check out Imperticus' Neoblaze thread on XDA if you want a custom kernel with O/C
Paul said in post #4608 in this thread he's still going to work on the o2x. Check his twitter, he's been bombarded with new devices, and has also been busy bringing some old(er) handsets up to date (i.e nexxus s)
I suspect an FR20 with OC/UV won't be that far away...

RodmanPT @ OMNIA

RodmanPT @ OMNIA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:LG P990 2X
  • Twitter:@Rodmanpt
Is this ROM already Gingerbread based or not ?

I use my phone in a daily basis and to work too, so I need a stable ROM where everything is working perfectly. I was thinking about installing this ROM, or maybe just wait for the official LG Gingerbread update, but if this one is stable and already Gingerbread based, I would give it a try.

Tkx.

LG P990 2X

pfueldner

pfueldner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Is this ROM already Gingerbread based or not ?

I use my phone in a daily basis and to work too, so I need a stable ROM where everything is working perfectly. I was thinking about installing this ROM, or maybe just wait for the official LG Gingerbread update, but if this one is stable and already Gingerbread based, I would give it a try.

Tkx.

Not Gingerbread-based - that's why it is called Fr19 as in Froyo Release 19. But it is absolutely stable and reliable, probably the most stable and reliable ROM for this phone at this time.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Checking out the new releases and preparing a few tweaks for the next version. :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

ezangrando

ezangrando

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Checking out the new releases and preparing a few tweaks for the next version. :)

P

no news for gingerbread version? Posted Image

lkhz

lkhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2X

P

We are waiting ... :rolleyes:

mankian

mankian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus X2

no news for gingerbread version? Posted Image

Check GR2 thread ;)

Looking forward to the updates... nice one Paul!

Vowels

Vowels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'll be getting an LG Optimus 2X in Canada and I was wondering if this ROM will work on it. The 3G frequencies I'd be using (850/1900) are different from EU and I'm worried there might be problems if I flashed my phone with FR19

ciarpame

ciarpame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

Checking out the new releases and preparing a few tweaks for the next version.
P

In Italy a new official update was released a few days ago. Are you planning to include it in next releases?

smoki3

smoki3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Does this Rom work with the newest Baseband?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users